The Macross Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by pinoy78, Jun 22, 2006.

1. betsuni

betsuni Well-Known Member

I didn't pay attention to the last time, but do all the normal sites available to us outside of Japan usually carry them? Or is A-E probably the best bet?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Flapjacks

Flapjacks Well-Known Member

Nah. Just certain places. Amiami, 1999, CDJ, or HLJ won't carry it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    I'm guessing NY will list it too since that's where I ordered the TWE fast packs.

Glad for the reissue, I was starting to regret not getting one even thought I still feel like it's over priced as-is. * waves fist angrily * MACROSS!

• Like Like x 3
  4. FireSkyJet

FireSkyJet Well-Known Member

I went with AE to purchase two more. They delivered good on other stuff for me in the past and don’t oversell stock like NY. Without using a traditional proxy, AE, NY and bandaionline (kuramatoys) are the only ones I know.

Speaking of: DX Chogokin Missile Set for VF-1 ( JUN 2020 )

• Like Like x 1
  5. betsuni

betsuni Well-Known Member

Cool thanks for the intel. Now I have to remember where I registered to think about picking up a set.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jarrod

Jarrod Semi-retired Builder

News Credits:
    Got my replacement SV-51 legs from HLJ today. Haven't fixed anything yet, but confirmed they are at least 2 different sides. I'll most likely just swap the foot, instead of the whole leg.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Got my replacement legs too. So, it seems like the sliders are asymmetric and both the same part and I just wanted to confirm that that is the way it is supposed to be.

Also, sharing some pics to confirm that it is just the right side that I need to replace.

Original Legs

Macross_Arcadia_SV-51_Original Legs.jpg

Replacement Legs

Macross_Arcadia_SV-51_Replacement Legs.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How'd you get replacements?!!

9. Slave IV

Sent NY a note with pictures showing the wrong ankles on the one they sent me. They responded within one day and had the parts out within 2-3 more days of my inquiries. I was trying to see if they could just throw the parts in with my next order shipment but they recommended I get them asap so I did.

10. Jarrod

Jarrod Semi-retired Builder

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, I meant to say that too. This is probably why the mix up at the factory happened, both sliders are identical, and the screws are on the same side on both, even on corrected ones. So yep, just need to replace my correct foot.

Same, but with HLJ. I messages them way back when back when it came out. They confirmed with Arcadia, and let me know Arcadia was providing spare parts. IIRC, AmiAmi and A-E were not doing this, but HLJ, NY, and I think Hobby Search were all providing the parts if you bought from them.

Also, I'll be offering up the foot I don't need here, once I get everything situated.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Potchez

Potchez Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I was going through some of my childhood toys and found my Jetfire.

.Jetfire with his younger cousin.
    IMG_20191111_184218_117.jpg IMG_20191111_184218_115.jpg IMG_20191111_183808_157.jpg IMG_20191111_183808_177.jpg IMG_20191111_183808_146.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  12. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
  13. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Really wondering why the missile accessories are being reissued when the VF-1J itself hasn't been reissued yet.

14. Flapjacks

I think it's pretty obvious that there are other variants of the VF-1 that will be released and not enough missiles to go around for the valks. It's a very shortsighted move by Bandai. They could have packaged the missiles with the valks from the very beginning.

• Like Like x 3
  15. deruberhanyok

deruberhanyok Likes the G2 neon lights

They could have, but then they wouldn’t have people spending 4-5k yen on a few little pieces.

also I like that it doesn’t come with them - I think I’ve only got one Valk displayed with any accessories attached, an Arcadia Hikaru Strike VF-1S. Some people don’t actually want to pay extra for parts they won’t use.

• Like Like x 1
  16. RKillian

News Credits:
    But then they couldn't push missile packs in the faces of fans that missed the 30-second window for the jets!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Flapjacks

What would it matter? It's not as if they're going to lose revenue if they packaged it with the valk. If anything, they might save cost from it even and automatically sell it to people that don't really want the missiles like @deruberhanyok. People have in mind which valks they'll get and how many missiles they'll want with it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. RKillian

News Credits:
    @Flapjacks I should've blue-texted my last post.

Bandai's idiotic artificial scarcity games make it impossible to buy the jets so it's infuriating to see the missiles reissued. Why don't they reissue the stand or even the box without the jet too? That should be double secret priority for super happy fun time profits.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  19. Slave IV

There is no artificial scarcity. Just conservative allocation of resources by Bandai to maximize their profits producing other, more lucrative products. Just look at DX VF-1A Max...plenty available at around MSRP for now. Once that retail stock dries up, the price will go up as usual and people will cry again. We are dealing with a franchise that is very niche and then it has products within it that are even more niche within that niche.

• Like Like x 3
  20. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    I think theyre operating under very conservative estimates, basically what they feel comfortable enough will sell in Japan. Which is probably the exact opposite of an american company which would overextend to chase a dollar. I wonder too how corporations behave in Japan versus here. Hasbro probably gets to write so much stuff off they can afford to overestimate the demand for a figure.