The Macross Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by pinoy78, Jun 22, 2006.

1. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Ok so i finally got confirmation.. the ankles on our copies are definitely misassembled :mad:  i think they might just flip over but thats easier said than done. Mr K confirmed it, the guy who tweeted him asked the question as to why his second copy had different joints than his first copy. I also found a guy who has two left ankles, so far I had only seen two rights.

3EC9A307-0925-4ACD-B0A3-493413AB2065.png

• Like Like x 1
  2. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Would be a simple fix if they legs could be unscrewed...but I don't see any way to
    There's one screw I could find hidden near the rear landing gear, under anpanel that comes off, that's it

3. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    Welp, I sending mine back then and crossing my fingers for a correct one.

4. anubis20

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Another screwed up combination of joints that I found.

SV-51 Ankle.jpg

5. Jarrod

Jarrod Semi-retired Builder

News Credits:
    Damn...well how about that. Well, I'm not seeing any I'll effects on mine, so I dont think I'll bother swapping mine. However, if I can't tighten up those shoulders, that might be the reason I exchange.

Anyone else having shoulder issues?

6. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    So far my shoulders seem fine but I haven't really put it through the motions.

7. Strike Creamsicle

Strike Creamsicle Likes the G2 neon lights TFW2005 Supporter

I’m sure there are theories about who “Mr. K” is, and that it would be weird if it was Kawamori Shoji because... why wouldn’t they have the rights to everything if that were the case?

but it occurs to me, maybe the whole “Lady M” red herring nonsense in Macross Delta was a tribute to Mr. K?

8. anubis20

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    A lot of Japanese users are asking Mr K to help us international buyers out and he is flat out ignoring those messages :mad:  but thats the same story over and over, although Yamato helped us out with the shoulders. Anyway its like the flood gates opened today in Japan regarding these issues, I didnt see any reports before this morning. I dont even know if the replacement might be worth it, seems the factory workers were not aware these even had a corresponding side.

As for the shoulder issues I have yet to transform mine, between all the prime fixing and being bummed out by the ankles, I have yet to get around to it :( 

Also im not entirely sure yet, but it seems the slider mechanism for the legs also has a left and a right side and ours are misassembled as well :eek: 

9. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure I heard of his actual last name before, but no, Mr. K is not Kawamori. He's one of Yamato's designers then helped start Arcadia. He's in some of the older Yamato transformation videos that were on their site and YouTube.

• Like Like x 1
  10. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    Finally paid for shipping on my VF-31 armor set... 5200 JPY from Anime Export for EMS, yikes! Economy wasn't much cheaper (5000) so I closed my eyes and hit ship. Sigh.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Sup3hobo

Sup3hobo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Seeing all of the reports coming from Japanese buyers is most frightening. I remember the old days of Yamato before twitter and folks were thinking maybe it was just the international buyers that had issues....fast forward with the power of social media and it looks like the Japanese buyers has as much QC issues as we do.

I can't support Arcadia anymore. Too many issues, plastics that degrade over time, misassembly, the over-reliance on friction joints (some of which are difficult to tighten based on obscured joint housing and super dimensional prices. I'd love to have the PF VF-0D, but their probably using the same plastics for the wrist and hands which could crack over time and who knows what other issues are going to come up from all of the extra paint and topcoat.

• Like Like x 1
  12. borgified

borgified You're going to get speared to death!

News Credits:
    Can you switch the ankles around on your copy @anubis20, or is now Arcadia really taking no chances and making sure that it can't be tampered around with post factory?

Good thing that I decided to pass over Ivanoff's. Hopefully that all issues will be corrected when Nora's get made.

13. Face

Face Well-Known Member

I just came into a couple bucks unexpectedly so I decided to finally get my hands on a DX Chogokin VF-31, since HLJ the Messer version in stock. Also grabbed the Arcadia Max VF-1J with it to go with my Milia

Hype!

• Like Like x 6
  14. borgified

borgified You're going to get speared to death!

News Credits:
    Another 1/60 M&M set has been completed! ;) 

Since that you have the Movie 31f now, the next question is... Supers or leave it for now?

15. anubis20

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I havent looked at it but dont think it can be done. Arcadia went back to the Yamato ways of gluing stuff

16. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't blame you.

Before social media, back in the day when Yamato was confronted about the broken arms on the VF-0's(pre-2010 reissues), they said all the reports were from overseas with no complaints from Japan. Then it was shown not long after that there were reports of broken VF-0 arms in Japan.

Sad to see the long awaited Arcadia SV-51 botched by qc issues.

Good call man!

17. FireSkyJet

FireSkyJet Deculture!

Between the MP-44 3.0 QC issues and hearing about these SV-51 QC issues, can I just say that Sept 21 and the impending shipment can't come soon enough. I can handle minor QC issues that Bandai sometimes has compared to this. C'mon Max baby! I'm waiting for ya!

18. betsuni

betsuni I'm just here for the robots

News Credits:
    Haha, are you jinxing Max's release now? If so, I'll go pick up the Messer Valkyrie right now since I know he's solid.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Flapjacks

Flapjacks Well-well-well Member

Since getting the 31C and 31S, I've been busy with other stuff and MP-44 took my attention recently as well. Now, I gotta find time since I've been sitting on them for a while. Opened some of them but haven't toyed with any yet. No Kairos though. Lol!
    20190910_174820.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  20. Sup3hobo

Sup3hobo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hot damn you went all in on the delta valks.