The Macross Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by pinoy78, Jun 22, 2006.

1. FireSkyJet

FireSkyJet Well-Known Member

2. tekering

tekering Missing a member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2019 at 12:35 PM
    • Like Like x 4
  3. nathan_s82

nathan_s82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    C'mon Bandai I need a DX YF-21 Guld to go with my DX YF-19.

• Like Like x 1
  4. borgified

borgified Klingon Bloodwine anyone?

You're not the only person that is actually wishing for this. :D 

I actually wrote this on the "Wish List for Bandai" on MW and also a DX VF-2ss since the EVO version was a major flop. M2 wasn't too well received so this might not get produced. The HMR Nexx/Hibiki shelfwarmed longer compared to Silvies (along with the HMR Monster and Messer's 1s according to @tekering's write up a few pages back).

Edit: If you're looking to get a 31 valk @betsuni, look back on the posts here for the 31 releases or on the DX VF-31 thread on MW to get ideas then make your selection. If your still unsure, we're here to help out.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019 at 1:21 PM
  5. kazukun

kazukun Well-Known Member

Bandai or Arcadia, I’m fine with either :D 

• Like Like x 1
  6. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Yeah, I almost prefer Arcadia but I would take either.

7. FireSkyJet

On the topic of Basara, do you think we’ll see a DX VF-19 Fire and Emerald version? I’d rather continue with that line than to go back in time with Yamcadia and deal with aging sticker sheets unless we get a PF.

8. Happynick

Happynick Well-Known Member

Arcadia will be more expensive :( 
    Bandai will be harder to get :( 

9. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Eventually I think we will. Bandai sat on a wide-ranging Macross 7 toy license for years. They're not stranger to it. In addition, they did heavily retool the DX VF-19Advance into the DX Fire Valkyrie and showed it at Tamashii Nations 2015:
    IMG_5930.JPG

If they make a DX VF-19 Fire Valkyrie, a Blazer is probably inevitable since it involves minor retooling(new head, dorsal vernier thrusters instead of canards, different wings, gun pod) compared to what was done going from the VF-19Advance to Fire Valkyrie. I was shocked the entire mold wasn't all new. The HI METAL R VF-4, VF-2SS' and DX YF-19 shown in that photo were eventually released by Bandai.

The HI METAL R VF-0 prototype is in the back, I'm crossing fingers that it too, is released eventually.

I'm fine with either IF de-limiter mode is NOT incorporated. As awesome as that was onscreen, I'd rather see the YF-21 in de-limiter mode left as a web exclusive as integrating that mode compromises the toy/stability too much for my liking.

If Mr. K from Arcadia works on it solo, I'll have a lot of faith in the design. He's the guy that designed Yamato's 1/60 Fire Valkyrie.

• Like Like x 1
  10. FireSkyJet

That's awesome. Good info. Well, I'm gonna hold out for a bit on that then. I did that the last time when I asked about DYRL? VF-1S Hikaru, and you and @Slave IV seemed confident of an anni release... then BOOM. Superstition (as well as your educated guess) tells me that I'll just wait it out. HA.

11. LarELar

LarELar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, your enabling started me on the path, as I placed an order for a few items, but I suppose since some were on backorder, they couldn’t give an immediate price on shipping (I think I selected ems). Then I saw a used 1/48 yammie for ~9400 yen and selected that as an order by itself. I selected dhl, as I think that’s what amazonjapan used for a few items I got from them on some really solid deals, and they got here quick & for cheap. Anywho, got an email today for the yammie and its shipping quote is 8000 yen. o_O  o_O 
    17K yen for a likely yellowing yammie isn’t something I’d put in the realm of worth it.

What’s the recommended shipping option to use with amiami for those that are on the east coast of the us, like me? I’m planning to reply to the email asking what the cheapest shipping rate would be, but figured it’d be beneficial to this group here too.

Update:
    I just went to site though desktop instead of my phone and I see there are options to change shipping company.
    In this instance, ems=5340 yen, sal parcel=4540 yen & dhl=8000 yen.

Anyone have experience with having amiami split orders to send the instock ones together and wait for the backorder ones in a separate order?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019 at 5:26 PM