The Macross Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by pinoy78, Jun 22, 2006.

1. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm waiting on BBTS! stayed up all night for the VF-1S Valkyrie and wasn't able to get one.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tasuke

Tasuke ‚ô•Mikuru Asahina‚ô•

since my VF-1 collection centers exclusively upon the VF-1J Hikaru T.V. and VF-1S Focker T.V./DYRL,
    topping it all off with the BANDAI DX iteration of the Focker 1S would be just positively ideal.

even so, i ended up having to pay hefty scalper markup to get the single DX 1J i own,
    and i'm not really up to fooling myself that i stand a chance in hell of obtaining any upcoming Focker 1S at anything resembling a reasonable price.

if i do get a chance at one, i'll consider myself Blessed.
    in the real world, however, i'll consider myself profoundly lucky to have the Ichijo 1J, -my very favorite VF-1 variant in any case-
    and enjoy it as the one, only "Ultimate" VF-1 toy i am likely to ever own.

i mean... BEST VF-1 FIGHTER/GERWALK/BATTROID MODES EVER, YMMV, Of Course;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  3. MechaFanboy

MechaFanboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Later this week, I suppose; the pre-order on P-bandai japan opens on 7th June. P-bandai Japan takes direct orders from the japan public; for this reason, many japan resellers don't carry it unless they plan to ship it overseas. Still, there's generally less pre-order stress involved with web exclusives, stock availability shouldn't be an issue, the main point of contention would be the pricing.

NY, anime-export, biginjapan, nin-nin games do carry web exclusives. Or u could go thru proxy shopping services. As Shin have mentioned, if u have contacts in Japan, they could order it for you.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

My only chance of getting one at retail is to hope for an opening between now and around release date. But considering this was the hardest to get out of the three so far and I never saw the easiest (1J) open up, my chances are pretty much just a pipe dream.

5. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

I totally understand not wanting to reward the shops who offer the preorder with a mark up, but when I tried to buy the 1S on release day, it was available for couple of seconds and I didn't even manage to put a copy in my cart. If one wants to be sure to obtain a copy, paying more is sadly the only viable way.

6. Vwfan88

Vwfan88 Autobruh

AJ will not carry then?

7. inturnmike

inturnmike Well-Known Member

Should they get some? Id think so...

8. MechaFanboy

MechaFanboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    3rd party sellers might list it on AJ.

9. FireSkyJet

FireSkyJet Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I would trust tekering on this one. I've been in the game a very short time, but the trend from 1A seems to show that there will still be a markup on release day. The 1J was a testing ground and so it was easier to get POs, but I remember that release day the MSRP went in sec as well with cartjacking etc. and then immediately the markup. The 1A then jumped directly to PO's selling out in seconds and markups showing up by NY, Nin, Lapooza, etc. Take a look at the missiles which were TWE and available for months. Now that it is released it released directly to a markup. You won't see this go MSRP again unless someone cancels a PO and you happen to catch it somewhere.

Plaza Japan and Nin-nin still haven't gone up yet. So...there's hope?

It'll be unlikely unless a third party with markup sells with delivery fulfillment through Amazon. I snagged some missiles that way and since their shipping is sooo much cheaper, I wound up only paying $10 more than my PO w/shipping at NY.

10. FireSkyJet

In my two experiences with PO nights, I went into this one like I do when I go to Vegas: Give myself a set amount that I'm willing to lose. If I'm ok with losing that discretionary income, then I can lose and still have fun. If I win, even better and instead of chasing I just walk with the winnings.

Last night, I got cartjacked three times and had one that just said "Adding to cart" until it sold out without ever processing. I probably could've scored at NY but I got a little anxious after HLJ showed "Adding cart" without processing and refreshed killing a min or two potentially. I was waiting for the Payment page and BOOM. I got the message "You suck. HA. We're sold out." It was at that moment I hit my set limits and knew I would just pay the markup now. I'm glad I did because it's not going to get any cheaper from here on out and potentially more expensive on release day.

For those of you collecting Macross for a long time, I completely understand why you wouldn't pay the markup. You've been landing POs for years at MSRP. But being newer to the hobby, I've had some catching up to do and have already paid out my back taxes (markups) in order to get key pieces I missed (both Macross and TF). So, I'm ok with what seems to be the new norm. I haven't known anything different. OG2hHwW.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. Vwfan88

Vwfan88 Autobruh

How much is the msrp for the weapons set? I never used ami ami or NY before

12. FireSkyJet

I forget what it was in Yen, but like $40-$45. Now going between $75-$80.

13. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    In layman's terms, that's "too much" and "way too much" respectively. ;) 

(I'm totally passing on those missiles, really don't care even for the originally listed price.)

• Like Like x 2
  14. FireSkyJet

HA...love it. Absolutely man. Everyone has their lines in the sand.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    I had mine set on the PO price for the 1S. But like Yosemite Sam when dared by Bugs Bunny...I stepped over it. But only once though :lol 

16. FireSkyJet

17. slideshot

slideshot Well-Known Member

18. FireSkyJet

At least NY sold it at MSRP first. Nin-nin isn't reliable from my experience. NY has been pretty solid.

19. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    I totally forgot to mention this, but last night in the middle of PO madness, my computer did a BSOD and then decided it was a good a time as any to also install some Windows updates when it restarted. I switched to my phone in the interim but boy was I pissed. :mad: 

That said, I really don't think it would have mattered, I wasn't getting in ANYWHERE last night. :rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 1
  20. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    how much is shipping from Nin-nin?