The Macross Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by pinoy78, Jun 22, 2006.

1. chuckdawg1999

chuckdawg1999 Well-Known Member

Does Toy Dojo have links up yet and what's the mark-up like?

That's the worst thing you can do, you've probably added another month to the lock out.

Didn't say forever but it'll be a few months at least, that's what happened last time.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2019
  2. FireSkyJet

FireSkyJet Deculture!

Hmm...where's the logic in that? They've been nothing but super cool on any questions I have had in the past. I wasn't demanding or rude. Just wondering if they happen to know. Is it superstition or a friend of a friend of a friend told you? Or maybe they sent you a reply boldly stating, "now you've done it..."

I'm sure you've experienced some things that coincidentally happened that way. But as others have said, some Macross POs have been with Int'l ship and some haven't. Nothing seems out of place to me. Haha...but if you are quite certain, I'll be more careful. I definitely don't want to contribute to a shutout.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    I got one at NY...but at the first markup. So I guess I waived an extra wad of money at NY :p 

• Like Like x 1
  4. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    https://www.toydojo.com/bandai-2/

5. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

Thanks for the info.

At this point, one is better off traveling to Japan, actually enjoying their time there and shop locally for these things.

6. borgified

borgified You're going to get speared to death!

News Credits:
    For those that missed out on the DX 1s Hikaru, Chuck's 31e is to be released in two months time. * ;) 

* Provided that you pre-ordered it six months ago at close to MRSP and avoided the price jackups/cart jacking/website crashes.

NY has it for 27k yen pre-order right now. :rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 1
  7. Strike Creamsicle

Strike Creamsicle Likes the G2 neon lights TFW2005 Supporter

I can't disagree with anything you've said here.

However!

If HG were actually interested in making money and not doing... whatever it is they are doing by ignoring all of Macross in favor of Robotech, they'd just take their license and use it to internationally distribute all of this stuff. The shows, the figures, whatever.

Personally I wouldn't care one bit if the Valkyries had a Robotech logo on the box next to the Macross one if it meant I could get the same figures domestically for reasonable (that is, slightly higher than trying to import) prices.

$200 and a Robotech logo for a 1/48 VF-1 that you could order from one of dozens of shops, US or wherever, vs. trying to order in the middle of the night and fighting with everyone else in the world for a batch of figures being produced primarily for the Japanese market. Sounds like a good trade to me!

But then, HG doesn't want to actually produce anything new, or sell much? Not sure what their deal is, but at least we won't have to wait much longer for it to go away.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    That's kind of the thing though....if a Japanese company wants to bring Macross toys over for domestic distribution stateside/outside of Japan(at least before 2021), they've got to go through Harmony Gold and pay them a cut. HG has pissed off some of those companies hence why they don't want to go through them. They even pissed off Tatsunoko(who granted HG the licenses and whom the rights revert to in 2021), literally the hand that fed them.

Bandai did have a short partnership with Toynami where Toynami brought over the 2008 Bandai Origin of Valkyrie reissue line 1/55. The other half of the deal was that Bandai would later use the 1/55 mold and pair it with new VF-1A/D/J/S heads for Toynami in Robotech packaging. Bandai backed out.

Right now, Bandai doesn't need HG. They have their own stateside/(and outside of Japan) distribution company(Bluefin). Going through HG would just add to the cost. They just got to wait a year and a half and maybe play nice with Tatsunoko then they can bring their stuff over.

The only other Japanese company that brought things over through HG was Kaiyodo with the transforming Revoltech VF-1A and S and neither sold that well.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    HG wouldn't be able to renew anything....would they?

Please say no...

10. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Question:
    How much of the white on the DX VF-1J is paint, and how much is bare plastic? Which parts specifically are painted?

11. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    If you're talking about the main body/color overall, the majority of it is actually molded in a light grey(bare plastic) with a matte finish.. The painted parts(to match the light grey) are the diecast hinges for the outward leg pivots(below the intake and are hidden when not pivoted outwards). All the markings are painted/printed on.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Jdk504

Jdk504 REDWOLF

Anyone know or know where I can retrieve a breakdown of the jet models used in the TV show Vs DYRL movie?

13. GrimSwipe

GrimSwipe Shock Trooper

Bit the bullet at NY, even though it goes against my better judgement. I told myself I'd only pay inflated prices for Roy's 1S, but my impulse control still needs some work, apparently.

14. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Only if Tatsunoko is willing to deal with them again which I kind of doubt will happen. In any case, Big West pretty much killed any chance of Robotech involving Macross again(like using Rick Hunter as a main character) going forward. In March 2021 Tatsunoko can shop the license around again.

• Like Like x 1
  15. sparkimusprime

sparkimusprime Coffee+Black=Delicious

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Details are paint and tempo mostly, the white is bare plastic.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3
  17. Jdk504

Jdk504 REDWOLF

18. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

Sweet fuck, the only seller willing to ship to the US wants $415 at AJP. Makes what NY was (is?) charging a deal.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    You're welcome. Wasn't sure if you were looking for stats or just pics. Stat-wise, the movie VF-1's are of a later block, no HUD lens with the HUD symbology being projected directly on the canopy glass, different cockpit console, sidestick instead of central joystick, throttle pivots sideways to transform in all modes instead of using 3 dedicated console levers, uprated engines, micro missles in boxes that can be mounted under the wings, grey visor shroud for the VF-1A and VF-1J and color coded head arrows for the VF-1S.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    :lol  Yeah, that 27,000 Yen is looking better and better everytime I look at AJ :lol 

• Like Like x 1