The Macross Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by pinoy78, Jun 22, 2006.

1. borgified

borgified You're going to get speared to death!

News Credits:
    It helps when your regularly on the MW boards (plus you have two tabs opened for this and MW as well so that you can relay the info from MW to here). :D 

That's why I delivered the news of Chuck's 31e here in time after MW posted it (did I also do Arcadia's VE-1?).

Edit: I did. :p 

• Like Like x 2
  2. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    I kind of feel the same way... but the radar dish is removable. The Valkyrie looks really nice in those colors and with the different, more rounded cockpit and boosters. That sold it for me actually.

3. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Yeah, my love for the Elint is actually the base VF itself with none of the attachments. The different head, deco and the bulbous canopy does it for me. Not sure I'll go for the Arcadia but I am verrrrrrrrrrry tempted.

Now's the time for Bandai to announce a DX Elint. :D 

• Like Like x 1
  4. borgified

borgified You're going to get speared to death!

News Credits:
    In due time they will. Heck... Still missing the 1D, Virgin Road, and Alaska base variants.

5. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yea...I honestly think I frequent MW more than anywhere at this point. Was just wondering where the people who originally get the info get it from because I'm a "teach me to fish" type.

----------

Madr the mistake of opening the advance at work before storing it... now I just wanna' leave. Absolutely beautiful.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tasuke

Tasuke ♥Konomi Yuzuhara♥

it really would be nice if BANDAI revised the swingbar to a YAMATO/ARCADIA-style two-piece, all-metal design
    for all future editions in this DX line.

i mean, this toy is darned near BULLETPROOF. save for that swingbar latch, and the movable Ailerons, another feature we could all lose.

otherwise, this toy REALLY feels like it can go the distance. that bar latch is the only real point that doesn't inspire full confidence for the long run.

if it does ever prove to be a true weak point, with age/repeated usage, i suppose at least it won't exactly be catastrophic to the function of the toy,
    but i'd be far more comfortable in my confidence in this being THE modern successor to the nigh-indestructible TAKATOKU/BANDAI 1/55
    if that bar was of a permanently-fixed, full-metal design...

• Like Like x 3
  7. Happynick

Happynick Well-Known Member

The main site with the official info is directly from tamashii. Preorders and news will be updated and posted there before preorders goes up.
    魂ウェブ | コレクターズトイが好きな大人のためのブランド「魂ネイションズ」公式サイト | 株式会社BANDAI SPIRITS

If you click on their announcement tab 2019年1月受付開始の商品一覧 | 魂ウェブ
    It will show when the preorder will be up at stores. It's normally updated days before the official date.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    The biggest things I want improved on future releases of the DX VF-1 are(note: I detach the legs from the swing bar for transformation since I like using the waist swivel. The tab from the hip bar and door behind the hip bar should both be rock solid and not come undone through mere posing of the legs, yet it's happening. If you don't use the waist swivel you might not notice this since the spine is adding more stability due to having more areas to keep it in place):
    • A far more secure tabbing mechanism for the hip bar beneath the cockpit when detached from the swing bar. Preferably one that solidly clicks into place rather than merely relies on friction. I've already seen this untab on its own when merely posing the legs. The tension from the hip joints is enough to get this tab to untab. Surface tension is just a bandaid(so any fixes coating of Future will eventually wear down with enough transformation)
    • A more secure panel behind the hip bar(also becomes undone on its own when posing the legs). A spring release(spring loaded lock) could work here.
    • Diecast shoulder hinges to counter the tension of the spring pins.
    • A washer for the hip ball joints that will not wear down(it's straight up metal to plastic contact as is...very similar ball joint/housing design as the DX VF-25/27/YF29...ultimately this is prone to loosening over time)
    I have never had an issue at all with the Yamato V2 1/60 VF-1 ball joints loosening over the years, so I hope Bandai copies whatever they did.

Minor things I'd like to see:
    • Swappable non-moving ventral fins
    • More solid locking position for the folding radome

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Thanks so much!

-----------

I brought The VF-19 home and did a quick unboxing and man....I got goosebumps. It's absolutely gorgeous and I was surprised at how much more brown it is than pictures show... even the official ones one the box. Looks much better in hand.

Sorry in advance for any picture sharing that is percieved as spam.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Happynick

Happynick Well-Known Member

No no , the vf-19 is definitely very sexy, especially all those deeper panels lines and the extra small fine detail that Bandai added in .

I can’t wait for your photos:) 

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    We love nothing more than good valkyrie pics....so..."spam" away my friend. Oooh....and if you think the VF-19 is gorgeous, just wait til you get the others in hand. I only collect VF-1s due to limited space, but yeah. Also, as it's been hinted...the Bandai Preorder nights are rather "fun." But you have to bring with you a shit load of patience along with your wallet :p 

• Like Like x 2
  12. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Finally spent a little time checking this thing out and I can agree that it is the best VF-1 to date and probably just edged out the Arcadia VF-0S as the best Valk made to date, imo.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  13. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    I'm going to echo the sentiment to please share away. It's what this thread didn't know it was missing!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot

News Credits:
    Well looks like you have a nice collection of Macross Gashapon there.;) 

• Like Like x 1
  15. Slave IV

Thanks to you! I was waiting to get that PF SDF-1 to use them with.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Top two, all time!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot

News Credits:
    You’re welcome. Looks better on your shelf than my storage space, glad to see them out and about.

I need that....

• Like Like x 1
  17. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Amazing display @Slave IV !

Bandai Tamashii DX Chogokin VF-19 Advanced quick snap:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  18. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    For the sake of you guys that don't have the ELINT Seeker, I hope the arm armor isn't a PITA to remove. It is the most difficult piece of armor to remove out of all the Macross toys I have ever handled. I think @anubis20 mentioned using a plastic tool for taking apart computer parts or something to aid in removing it.

I like the bulbous 2 seater canopy unique to the VE/VT-1's as well. Reminds me of the raised canopies from later Russian fighters like the SU-30SM. I'd like a low vis VF-1D with VT-1 cockpit for some real world influence.

Btw man I saw the SDI VF-25F at Mandarake for $120+....WOW.... come on Bandai make new SD valks!

• Like Like x 2
  19. Slave IV

Thanks! We are all in for a treat with you officially in the Macross game. Nice VF-19 you got there!

20. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Yeah it holds a pretty steady and high aftermarket price. I saw it going for around $200 a couple of years ago.