The Macross Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by pinoy78, Jun 22, 2006.

1. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I use my Discover card. I feel like practically every financial institution charges a 3% commission on FX rates. So whatever the daily rate is, you're paying a rate that's 3% worse. I think the real killer is the foreign transaction fees. Discover doesn't charge one so I use it for my foreign purchases through paypal. I think that saves me more money than a slightly better FX rate. And yeah I get a little cash back too.

I make the mistake of wishing I paid days ago too. A little while ago paypal was like 114 something but when I paid it was down to 112 something. Doh!

2. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

So you are able to pay in foreign currency with Discover through paypal without the paypal exchange rate? This is confusing as F#@* to me, lol!

3. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you add a card I think you can use it as the funding source for your payment instead of your balance, but I just use the paypal rate because I think the difference is pretty minor. My main point was that if you have a card that doesn't charge you a foreign transaction fee then that's probably more important. I don't think most people account for that when they look at how much they are paying for something.

4. Slave IV

Oh ok. That's what I've been doing but basically, places that charge a conversion fee are all around 3%, including paypal. That 3% has cost me hundreds over the last couple years and I'm about to make that change. I wish I could just pay with my Discover card directly for all this stuff. Only place it works in CDJ.

5. Allsparky

Allsparky Bayou Buah/Ex cross-tie walker!

Hi-metal Regult showed up today! This sucker's chock full 'o' awesome! Was nice to see it came with an extra pair of mini guns! Spent a half hour digging around in my chair/carpet looking for one though as I was a little excited opening the package!

Really wanted that Messer Sup posted! Tried like hell at Ami but couldn't remember for the life of me what my old password was as I think I've only ever used them once and that was long ago. Was unable to click on either link from both emails I had them send me, one for forgotten password and the other for a new one! Ah well, another time perhaps...

6. Happynick

Happynick Well-Known Member

7. Slave IV

Arcadia never had a special release like this have they? Not sure but it seemed like it was just Bandai Exclusives that HLJ and most other shops didn't carry. Anyways, it's a bit annoying because this price is almost acceptable and I just ordered the regular version. Nbd I guess since it's already order stop.

8. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They have had other "special releases" but none like this. Their VF-4G store exclusive came with a VF-1 Gunpod, and I think it was the VF-1S Roy Strike Pack that included a stand if you ordered from their store. In the Yamato days HLJ got many of the exclusives they offered. VF-1J Gray goggles ver, the max suit cant remember what else they got but it seems HLJ has a good relationship with them.

I managed to get an order in. Didnt think it was gonna sell out that fast.

9. Sup3hobo

Sup3hobo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  10. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

11. Slave IV

12. crasis

crasis Yahk Deculture!

News Credits:
    Freyja and Mikumo ordered! The world needs more actual Macross *CHARACTER* figures. The planes are fun and all, but this franchise is more than just mecha. I've been wanting S.H.Figuarts of all the Macross series cast members for years. I hope I'm not the lone person in this desire.

13. Slave IV

CDJ has the lowest price so far. I'm waiting for NY.

14. mrhillz

mrhillz Changed his user title. TFW2005 Supporter

Just wondering, have I missed the ship on getting the VF-19 Advance?

15. Happynick

Happynick Well-Known Member

Yes , like most macross items if you miss your last chance to get it right after release , you will have to pay a higher price.
    Released on june 2015 at msrp 23000 yen.

16. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Um holy shit. Randomly checked AmiAmi and the preorder was open! Vf-31f acquired

• Like Like x 1
  17. Slave IV

Nice job. I was just about to let you know it's been coming in and out of stock but it happened to be gone again when I checked earlier. Glad you finally got it.

18. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Crap.. I was starting to put together VF-31F and I dropped a piece.. the damn thing has just completely disappeared. It's unbelievable.. I looked through the couch, under it, under my coffee table, I was on my hands and knees for two and a half hours with a flashlight looking for it lol. Still no luck.

So.. I decided to steal the part I needed from the 31S and I bought another 31J since it was the cheapest of the 31's. sucks to buy another kit for just one part. But I hope I find it eventually.

19. Inebriatedgnome

Inebriatedgnome Well-Known Member

Bought the VF-31J from Image Anime in NYC a few days ago; it's my first Valk. I paid about $300 for it with taxes, which stung, but I figured it was only $20 more than eBay resellers and I wanted it in-hand that day. My word! The engineering on this guy is beyond impressive, and the hidden pegs they have to keep the torso tabbed together in battroid mode are ingenious. I'd like to get the VF-31F to go with it, but I keep missing the amiami preorder, so perhaps it's just not meant to be.

To those of you who own a few Valks: should I look for others, or are none of them quite as nice as this? I want something that's as sturdy in all three modes, and feel like something flimsier would be too big a downgrade.

20. UltraMagnanimus

UltraMagnanimus Fully Articulated. NOW WITH LIGHTS AND SOUNDS!

Sooooo any news on the possibility of Arcadia re-releasing the Yamato SDF-1 ? I missed it when it came out and now I curse the price it fetches on ebay.

• Like Like x 1