The Macross Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by pinoy78, Jun 22, 2006.

1. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Going slightly off topic, but goddamn man, that custom is too nice to be trading for a junker like a VF-0 :( .

It's criminal that you haven't been able to get any buyers for it, either, considering the level of detail it's got vs. some big name customs which get way more for much less.

If I had the space or the desire to maintain a movie collection I'd be happy to buy that custom. Damn.

2. Rewind

Rewind Data Stick

News Credits:
    SO TRUE. Swooshing (face down, flying like Superman, dad making fighter jet and pew! pew! pew! sounds) is my daughters preferred form of conveyance. If nothing else can settle her fussing a good fast swoosh around the house a few times cheers her right up.

I can't say whether or not swooshing cheers up my VF toys, but it sure cheers ME up. :D 

3. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    What sort of flight stands are you guys using for displaying your kids?

4. Rewind

Rewind Data Stick

News Credits:
    I use this one:
    Brownnoize Productions: THRONE OF CHAOS

Cradles her head perfectly and "Throne of Chaos" is just about the most perfect name for a baby display stand that I've ever heard.

5. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    There are at an age where I use the vocal command of "Stand up!" They display themselves :lol 

:lolol 

6. OMEGA_ONE

OMEGA_ONE Well-Known Member

Well thanks, it's quite the custom. I'm just really interested in getting my hands on a good VF-0A for the sake of doing custom with it. I'm looking to do paint scheme similar to the Moon Shooters VF-22 among a few other things I have in mind. The VF-0's are my favorite platform, they just seem so much more realistic and believable than the other valks.

Paint scheme I'm referring to:
    [​IMG]

7. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

YIPPEE. Scored a 1/60 VF-19S from Mandarake for a good price. :) 

How are all of you doing today?

8. Rewind

Rewind Data Stick

News Credits:
    ^nice! I think I'm going to dump my slightly broken VF-22 and put the money towards a Blazer.

Anyone want a nearly-new VF-22 Max with a cracked hip joint?

9. pud333

pud333 Well-Known Member

That was a quick turnaround. I would dump my YF-21, but it's the only one of that mold I have and it still looks good on the shelf with the other valks. If Yamato ever did a renewal, that thing is gone! That said, the Blazer is a far superior toy.

10. Rewind

Rewind Data Stick

News Credits:
    I think I would have been more tolerant if it wasn't broken and didn't just 'feel' so junky in battroid mode. It does look good on display, but it drives me crazy having toys that I can't pick up and play with so they're usually the first to get chopped.

I think my fastest turnaround was the original 1/60 VF-1. Back then I wasn't the internet junkie that I am today, and didn't know that the legs needed to be removed for transformation. I remember bursting with anticipation for the thing to arrive, the awe of lifting the heavy diecast thing out of the box, and then the utterly soul-crushing disappointment of having the leg fall off when I started to transform it. I never even finished transforming it. It went right back into the box and straight to ebay that night. The upshot is that the experience was the catalyst that made me research toys a lot more thoroughly before buying them. :lol 

11. pud333

pud333 Well-Known Member

Well, you should be happier with the Blazer. You're right about the broken thing. If mine were broken, I'd have gotten rid of it too. (Technically it did break when the face fell off, but I fixed it) I can't stand having broken toys. It eats at my very being. Grab a Blazer off Mandarake. That's where I got mine for a nice price.

12. Rewind

Rewind Data Stick

News Credits:
    What do you guys think is a fair price to ask for a VF-22 Max with a cracked hip joint? The toy still functions, just the removable leg comes off easily due to the crack.
    I'm also considering selling it loose in battroid to save on shipping costs and rage.

13. pud333

pud333 Well-Known Member

What was the original sale price? like 40% off or something? I dunno about price, but I would definitely knock off another 10-20% for something like a cracked leg. These things were hard to move as is brand new, let along with a cracked leg. The drop has to be enough to justify the crack. I dunno... $100-$110? That would still go a long way to buying your Blazer, especially from Mandarake.

I would certinly ship it sans box (at least give that option.) I figure if someone is willing to buy a valk with a cracked hip, chances are they don't care about the box.

14. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    I almost wonder if it would be even worth trying to sell a busted 22 at this point; you can still get brand new 22's on amiami for $108. You might get better mileage out of it just leaving it in fighter mode and dangling it from string as a crib mobile or something.

15. Rewind

Rewind Data Stick

News Credits:
    Yeah, I paid $130 total for it, so I was thinking around $85-90 shipped.

But that would require me to transform it back into fighter mode, and I'd pay to NOT have to do that. ;) 
    I suppose I should at least try to transform it to fighter just for the experience.

16. pud333

pud333 Well-Known Member

That would be reasonable. Probably $85 shipped. Even if you only get $50 for it, you should try. That's $50 you didn't have yesterday, ya know?

17. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

Anyone going to Japan to see the 1/1 scale VF-25?

18. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    what?!?!?! this has me intrigued

19. pud333

pud333 Well-Known Member

No, but if someone goes, they'd best post pics!

20. crasis

crasis Yahk Deculture!

News Credits:
    MACROSS PUG

[​IMG]