The Macross Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by pinoy78, Jun 22, 2006.

1. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

this is y till this day i have not transformed any of my 21's/22s...i tried once and got stuck and said screw it ill get to it later..i even tried putting the FPs on it and the same damn thing...and ditto on the remarks bout it being very percise

same here i know it stands for variable fighter {VF}..but valk sounds so much better than vari when u shorten it up...so i call every fighter that changes into 3 modes a valk..

2. ArchieNov

ArchieNov Well-Known Member

Yeah, I did some further research and read that I'm supposed to push the knee joint one ratchet in further so that the small hole on its side gets covered up. Still haven't made a 2nd attempt though.

Haha! That's exactly how I felt! I gave up after being stuck for a while and fearing breaking my brand new toy. But I will try again tomorrow. My personality won't allow me to just leave it alone forever. Besides, it'll have to go back in its box someday, so I better learn how to transform it back to fighter.

On another note, I must say once again that this toy really has presence on the shelf versus my other VFs. It's just so darn huge and has a massive upper body that dwarfs my other battroids. The SV-51 is probably taller, but it looks kinda weird and gangly to me. Anyway, I'm liking this VF a lot more than I anticipated, which is bad because now I'm tempted to go out and buy the Millia version. Darn those pics at CollectionDX. Shouldn't have looked at his Millia review...

3. pud333

pud333 Well-Known Member

Whether one calls them all Valkyries or not, I think we can all agree that these toys kick major ass, AMIRIGHT?!? :cool: 

4. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Don't go in the order the instructions tell you. As soon as you can, move the hip bars over, so that they are parallel to the hip/groin plate. It's hard with a lot of resistance but they should lock into place. Once you do that, it's close to smooth sailing from there.

5. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Before I go listing that VF-25F with Super Parts on eBay for $220 in a couple days, anybody here interested in the set for $200 US SHIPPED? I always sell cheaper outside of eBay. I'll list the item and add a picture to my Sales Thread later if anyone is interested.

6. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Really don't want to rain on your parade, brother, but I believe that price is still too much for it. I have no doubt you paid that much or even more, but the V1 have lost their value so much it's not funny.

The bundled versions seldom go for more than 120-130 USD. I sold my alto bundle [blue-ish version with fastpacks] for 110 USD shipped.

7. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh, really? Thats pretty cheap. Probably has to do with the reenewal version, IDK. I think the total spent without shipping came out to $220 for both items.

8. ArchieNov

ArchieNov Well-Known Member

Mission successful!!! Finally got my VF-22 transformed back to fighter. Thanks for everyone's help!

But the funny thing is, I will be changing it back to battroid again later today since I prefer to display it that way due to lack of space and stands. Well, at least I know that I can do it.

By the way, now that I got to change it back to fighter, I'm noticing a lot of gaps on the underside, especially around the shoulder hinges and the forearms. No matter how flush I try to make them, it seems the panels cannot fully cover up these gaps. I can see part of the leg through the side and the hands from the bottom. Is this normal?

9. Not the guy

Not the guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    VF-22? I totally ruined mine due to trying to transform it and failing so bad, I couldn't even give it away if I tried.

10. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    obviously you haven't tried to give it to me and my land of misfit toys... :lol 

11. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  12. Not the guy

Not the guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    lol fair enough :eek: 

13. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Obviously, Ron hasn't seen Macross 7. Basara calls the Fire his valkyrie left and right.

14. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Actually, most of us have started Macross 7 but haven't gotten very far.

15. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh c'mon it's not that bad.

16. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Oh I wasn't saying it was, it just didn't draw me in to the point where I felt the urge to keep up. Frontier had me keeping up each release.

17. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    It's true, I haven't been motivated to start with M7 episode 3 since this past summer, and yet I've finished all of the frontier, including both movies :lol 

18. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    That's how far I am with Frontier too, seen all of it. 7 is on my list of "things I will finish eventually". Always dug the mecha designs, as a series, it always came off to me as a more light hearted Macross. I mean it's got heart, and I'll finish it, but as said earlier, it didn't grab me like Frontier did.

Has Macross 7 focused more on Diamond Force instead of Fire Bomber, maybe my opinions would be different.

19. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

no doubt:thumbs2: ...jets + transforming into mechs = THE HEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    How long do you think Bandai will take to reveal the DX VF-171? I give it 2+ months.