The Live Action Movie Studio Series Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ratchets Hatch, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Pillowman7

Pillowman7 This gonna be bananas

I mean Overload, Hightower, and Scrapmetal aren't really concept characters because their vehicle modes did appear in the movie and their robot modes on the toys were more of a "what if they actually transformed on screen". To answer your question though I'm always down for more new Bayverse figures which is why I think they should do an SS subline and put those side characters in there instead without taking away slots from the characters that actually appeared in the movie.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    Commander Class of this guy please @Hasbro

• Like Like x 4
  3. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want a SS OP from AOE/TLK

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Was thinking about the rumors of a Studio Series Sideways. If it ends up being a retool of Studio Series Barricade, I wonder how they will store his spikes on his back.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Smokie

Smokie Lil Ice NL

News Credits:
    When do you guys see the line ending? Imo I’d say it depends on how beast alliance does. If it flops hasbro finishes up the line & introduces a different line. If it does good I think we’ll get the line until a beast alliance sequel comes out. And then it’s kind of a cycle. Movie does good = More SS. Movie does bad = Less SS. What do u guys think?

6. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Honestly, I'd give it another 2 or 3 years.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Smokie

Smokie Lil Ice NL

News Credits:
    It’s already been here for 3. I think after 3 more we’ll have almost every core figure besides some like the twins

8. Scypris

Scypris Fire in another hole!

News Credits:
    Just waiting for my handsome boy
    Dotm-que-film-chicago.png

• Like Like x 3
  9. Pillowman7

Pillowman7 This gonna be bananas

I was thinking about that too. Sideways and Barricade have similar body styles.

10. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Seeing the new Ark toy reminds me of the DotM Cyberverse Ark. I'd love to see a SS or MPM Ark. Not one that transforms into a robot, but one with movable parts that mimics the movie.

And not just the Ark, but the other movie vehicles as well. Lockdown's ship in AoE and the other ships in DotM and AoE, for example. For the latter, perhaps two scales. One scale that other TF toys could actually pilot. The other scale for the small ships to interact with the bigger ships like the Ark. I'd love to have the giant DotM Decepticon ship with all those smaller ships able to detach from it...

Any other ideas along these lines?

• Like Like x 10
  11. dragologer

dragologer "Such heroic nonsense"

I would absolutely love to see that. A Studio series to scale Ark would be the BOMB. I personally would rather see it transform like the new Kingdom one.
    I'm just in love with that idea.
    What I've always wanted from Hasbro is a movie accurate DOTM Driller for Shockwave.
    I don't care how much it cost, I would be ON IT! If I had my way, that would be the next Haslab.
    Studio series Titan class Driller.
    Of course I think that Idea could work for retail if they were to execute it properly.
    I always thought it would be cool if they did Voyager and Deluxe class Army builders of the DOTM Decepticon drones.
    Then have them be triple changers.
    Vehicle mode being the Decepticon dropships and their second mode being one folded up connectable component of the Driller.
    Each figure could connect to each other, end to end to make the figure as long as you wanted.
    (depending on how many copies of the drones you acquired.) Kind of following the same logic as the Marvel legends BAF stilt man.
    Either that or (in an effort to give him an alt mode) just have the Driller turn into one of the massive troop transport ships we see hovering about Chicago.
    Anyway, that's what I've always wanted to see.
    Between SS Devastator and Haslab Unicron, that's two out of three dreams the have made come true for me. now they just gotta make that happen.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  12. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

They did say that Commander class was being considered for other lines, so it might happen?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Drohitan

Drohitan Rogue Decepticon

Maaaaaaaaaate...... Just imagine...

Commander/Titan Class Lockdown Ship.

Comes with Legend scale Lockdown, 3x mech-hound-cyborg... things, the size of Brains and Wheelie as per Leader Shockwave.

Transforms into prison cell interior.

The finger looking thing is on the side of Lockdowns ship when rotated upward unfold into those cells Grimlock and co. were in.

Top fuselage unfolds inwards in sections to make the crescent moon shaped ship look like a full solid floor.

Cockpit that houses the legend Lockdown flips back on a spine and maybe, does stuff (it's a spur of the moment idea:D ) and becomes the Legend Sword Centrepiece. (If this has a name, please educate me.)

• Like Like x 2
  14. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

If you’re referring to the sword Prime pulls from the “stone” then I believe it’s called “the sword of judgement” but I don’t know if that’s official or kinda just what the toys called it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 The best there is...

News Credits:
    I seriously doubt they'll make one of the big ass ships from the Bayverse. It'd definitely be cool though. I do wonder if they'd ever make a Driller though.

16. CapZat

CapZat Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    We NEED Driller, I always wanted a BAF Driller, his head and tail with two different figures and the body comes with decepticon army builders so you can build a gigantic Driller if you want and building a decepticon army at the same time, just like Stilt Man from Marvel legends

17. hthrun

Ebay:
    Some great ideas!
    Unique Toys made a base for their Dragoon (TLK Megatron) that's also available separately. If they're still available, you can buy several and combine them into a driller. I remember seeing a pic of one that looked pretty good...

18. RevengeOfTheFallenIsGood

RevengeOfTheFallenIsGood Ironman? Sounds like a domestic product to me.

76E53403-EE71-4679-9851-EA76B229551C.png I just noticed that the big ships look sorta like leviathans from Marvel. Double usage!
    9C6DFF9A-04C2-4069-8C2E-5D96779C2CE3.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  19. dragologer

dragologer "Such heroic nonsense"

Yeah. thats one of the things I dont like about Avengers. (among others) Really parodied DOTM several times.

• Like Like x 3
  20. hthrun

Ebay:
    Yeah, I'd love a toy of that TF ship!
    I remember debating the two movies at the time. I preferred DotM, but most liked to dump on it...

• Like Like x 1