The list of BAD EBAY SELLERS!

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Elmwood Jones, May 13, 2002.

1. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    Can you provide an update here? I've seen this seller around a lot and was suspicious of them immediately. Anytime I see an account like this with only about 100 ratings and they're offering a lot of the most popular figures, I always assume that either it's a larger account's new, side account, a scammer or both.

They currently have the cheapest listing for FT-29T on Ebay right now, which is enough to make me question any account, much less a new one.

2. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    Be very careful with this... From what I can tell, his major issue comes when you buy any used/refurbished figure, because he's notorious for selling either broken, incomplete or pieces which are more damaged than he lists. And while that may sound like it's just normal dispute over what 'used' means, I've also heard at least a dozen stories of him saying that a figure is used but posting a photo of a figure in good shape only to then sell a different figure with significant damage.

In general, I've just heard that he's a spiteful asshole to anybody who has any issue with any exchange which doesn't completely go his way.

3. DoctorObsidian

DoctorObsidian Old-timer

Not much to update yet. I ordered two figures at the same time and one shipped after five days or so and the other (the one he wanted more money for) shipped out more than a week after that. Very slow to ship things out and I haven't received either one yet because they're coming from China, so it'll probably still be a few more weeks.

I never paid the guy the extra money he asked for and he supposedly shipped out the figure, but we'll see. He never sent pics of the second figure before shipping it like he said he would, but I'm not the least bit surprised by that.

4. Transider

Transider - caught in an organized chaos -

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I have only ever bought and received unopened items from him so my experience had been good so far.

5. LongarmMagnus

LongarmMagnus Well-Known Member

seller shra950 is full of shit

Seller will add "decals" to the listing title and supposedly ship the decal sheet separate from your item. It'll never arrive.

shra950 is trying to compete with other listings by promising a decal sheet. Buyers thinks they're getting a better deal because decal sheet is included-- don't fall for the scam.

It's pretty sad because they'll ship the correct item but never the promised decals. shra950 stop trying to trick people. I don't like being tricked or lied to and I don't think anyone else does either.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    That's funny, he seems to have a patented excuse that each buyer upset about this just isn't being patient enough... But there are a few things which don't add up, namely why he'd ship the decals separately if they are at his own expense. Maybe the most telling part, though, is that if these were just impatient, impossible-to-please customers like he's implying, they likely wouldn't have left him neutral feedback rather than negative.

He sounds a lot like the sellers who swear that your purchase is totally covered in the event that there is a defect or damage; they'll ship you the figure, but any conditional benefit which you're expecting to be included isn't.

7. LongarmMagnus

LongarmMagnus Well-Known Member

Screen Shot 2021-04-04 at 11.45.05 AM.png

I bought the item on Feb 15. Received on Feb 23 and rechecked his listing stating the decals would be sent separately. Waited until Feb 29 and messaged him to ask how long to expect. Waited a whole month later until March 30 and contacted him back for a tracking. Waited a few days with no response back. I left a neutral rating because the item was fine I just don't like being treated like a chump.

I bought from him with expectation of decals. I could have purchased it new from Hasbro for the same price but I wanted the decals for other projects. If others are contemplating the same, don't. Just buy from another seller.

• Like Like x 2
  8. 630509

630509 RuptureFarms dismembers

Please stop buying from nestbo50, please.

9. Chasformer

Chasformer Well-Known Member

I guess I might as well tell my experience. My Siege 3 pack Reflector's leg joint snapped in 2 (managed to replace them with a spare leg joint from one of my other reflectors) and I told the seller what happened and if I could get a refund. And.... well lets just say this shouldn't be his response. Screen Shot 2021-04-25 at 10.47.45 PM.png

10. MF DOOMTREE

MF DOOMTREE Use A Napkin

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Quduomoss legit??? Anyone order from him lately??

11. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    They went rogue last month. I ordered a couple of KO's about 5 weeks ago when they had mostly 100%, then about a week after that the negative feedback started rolling in and it's the usual mailing out a chunk of plastic or fake tracking # (that's what I got). Been over a month since I've heard from them and they've cleared all the stock off their store since as well. My only regret is I didn't look at the prices they were charging on other stuff, would have steered me clear if I had. The prices on the KO's I ordered were in line with fair market price, but they were way undercharging for some other stuff that would have been a dead give away to stay away if I'd seen. Oh well, get a refund whenever the delivery period is up since I'm too lazy to bug ebay customer service about it now.

12. Code 777

Code 777 Active Member

Anyone have any experience buying from ixmagnoliaxi on eBay? Seller has both MP-13 and MP-36 at prices above MSRP, but not what I would call ridiculous. 99.7% positive rating, but one negative review in the past 30 days claiming they sell KOs without disclosing such.

13. sdmacleod

sdmacleod Well-Known Member

Looks like another turned account here, maxdudo on eBay
    Claims to have more than 10 MMC Eris available for about what PSX asked for them. As much as I want to hope, I'm not falling for it (somebody please tell me I'm wrong!).
    Got lots of other figures for well below reasonable (MP Arcee for $89?)
    All their feedback is excellent to date, so just gotta watch for the first scam victims to start posting.

14. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We'll know for sure if/when negative feedback starts rolling in. Keep an eye out.

15. SomethingJ

SomethingJ Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    This looks to be confirmed now. Wish I would have noticed this post 8 days ago...

16. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    maxdudo has been added to the bad sellers list.

• Like Like x 1
  17. daddytron

daddytron Your mom is an oversized CHUG

Got scammed by eBay seller jianping02

18. dharmacon

dharmacon More Than Meets The Isle

News Credits:
    yourinnergeek

Bought a Buzzworthy Nemesis Primal from him on Monday night on a BIN. Later that night he cancelled my order citing "issues with buyer's address*," then turned around and sold it in another BIN listing for $15 more. Obviously he decided after the fact that he could get more money. Had a look at his other items for sale... the guy is clearly a scalper.

*(been buying and selling for 20+ years and this has never been an issue)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Creativeking

Creativeking Active Member

Twitter:
    I bought from urbantoyhunter, the figure hasn't arrived yet but they relisted the figure after they shipped it out. It even has the same exact pictures. I'm not 100% sure yet but this is all very suspicious, I will give an update when the package actually arrives, has anyone else bought from urbantoyhunter before? This is the relisted figure for anyone wondering

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
  20. Creativeking

Creativeking Active Member

Twitter:
    It wasn't a scam, but the pictures in the listing weren't the same as the figure I got, not a KO, i think, and it's still weird that they relisted it

Last edited: Aug 9, 2021