The list of BAD EBAY SELLERS!

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Elmwood Jones, May 13, 2002.

1. Dan14thPrime

Dan14thPrime Well-Known Member

I've seen his listings. Looks legit. He has 200+ sales feedback at 100%. That shipping is stupid but if he a hobbiest, flat rate can be more convenient for seller, but it does cost more. Main thing that ticks me with shipping is when people ship different that what I pay. If he charge flat rate and ship flat rate. You get what you pay for. If he charges flat rate and ships economy for half the cost of what I paid. I hate it. I hate when people use shipping to skim out extra money.

2. maz25

maz25 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Really? Would you say that cancelling legitimate bids is good selling practice? That is the one loophole sellers have on ebay - they can just cancel/end listing with the "not as described" crap excuse. The dikbag is still listing shipping at $14.95 - total BS. I put a bid in and was the leading bidder. Bid was cancelled. I asked why (this after the seller saying they could work with the actual shipping charge), and was told not to bid or communicate. Absolutely no reason given. I am not buying from this jerk-off. I have every ebay message exchange saved - I didn't feel like wasting my time copy/pasting.
    Since this topic exists, just giving a heads-up for others. Your welcome.

3. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    $15 probably includes some of the money he'll lose to Ebay fees.

4. heroic_decepticon

heroic_decepticon Cybertronian

Anyone know who "tfvictory1" is?

I won this Buy-It-Now auction and paid immediately - Vintage Transformers G1 Grimlock Swoop Dinobots Prowl Mirage Sunstreaker Lot | eBay

2 days later the seller relisted it for sale - Vintage Transformers G1 Grimlock Swoop Dinobots Prowl Mirage Sunstreaker Lot | eBay

I thought something was fishy and email the seller to which he replied: "I'm sorry can't send this lot to you I will send you cancelation email and you have to talk to paypal and ebay about this situation. I had 1 buyer buy a Defensor Giftset from paid it the same day then file a item not received the same day. Then I sold a Soundwave mp the buyer waited until I shipped Wednesday then file a unauthorized charge back to paypal. EBay always took $131 for so call fees which I only owe 101 $65 that not even due until march 15. I had $491 in my pay and now it's saying I'm 432 in the negative. After speaking with paypal and ebay for an hour they couldn't do anything but the charge back, the unauthorized fees which is not even linked to paypal. As far as the guy that filed a item not received he'll probably try to rip me off too. I'm not giving away my collection for free and I'm sorry you have be apart of this mess but I'm not losing 500 dollars and giving to ebay and paypal."

... and

he also said "That's things I'm in the negative, I can't even refund you the money. I'm being honest with you."

Anyone experienced anything like this?
    Anyone know seller tfvictory1?

5. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    It's strange none of his ended listings dating back to December include the figures he mentioned. :sly2:  Anyway, he would need to manually send you a refund, you don't have to talk to eBay or Paypal for that. Don't accept the cancellation request, either at all or until you have your funds refunded. In fact, I suggest you preemptively open a dispute against him then escalate it he doesn't comply, since it will undoubtedly force the refund and not give him the benefit of refunded fees that he gets from you accepting his cancellation request.

If you're not completely content with receiving a refund instead of the figures (which was obviously a great deal, and probably why he really wants to cancel) then give him a negative ASAP, which may impact his sales and likely eliminate his fee discount eBay provides sellers in good standing. Additionally, you can report him to eBay for Non-Performance using the Report link in the listing.

There may be a more diplomatic way to handle this, but I find the aggressive approach in dealing with bad sellers is fast and effective.

6. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    Just file a claim with both eBay and Paypal. If you've paid then he has the money, and if he refunds the money he won't have to pay fees.

DO NOT accept any cancel requests. File claims, and CALL eBay to get your money back. Be preemptive.

7. heroic_decepticon

8. cryotek

cryotek Criminal Overlord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  9. heroic_decepticon

What worries me is that there is no way to inform the current bidders of his re-listed auction that he's a scammer....

10. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I'm trying to buy Wave 2 CW. I bought it from this seller on ebay. But then, I wanted to ship it to another address. I asked if they could, but they said I had to refund it and buy it again with the new address. So I did that, and they sent me an invoice, but now they are charging me double the original price. I'm trying to reply back about it, but they have not replied back.

11. Bobbatronus

Bobbatronus Bullet Sponge

Ebay:
    That's called 'pain-in-the-ass-tax'. lol

Seriously, why didn't you change your address before the transaction went threw?

12. heroic_decepticon

I fell prey to this scammer as well - bought a MOSC Gears off him and could not lodge claim until the very long delivery time he put has lasped.

Bought on 21 Dec, but could only commence the claims process after 25 Feb. What an a$$

13. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Does some happen to the buyer who does not pay for the item? Because I am not paying double for the figures. It's been 12 hours now and they still have not replied yet.

And the reason is because lately mail service has been bad, I didn't think about that until now and that's when I tried to get them to ship it to work.

14. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    The Seller finally came through. Now there is a matter of if I get the figures.

15. heroic_decepticon

Update - so, after I filed a complaint with eBay, the seller "watchawant0" has refunded me the full auction price plus the shipping i paid.

16. cryotek

cryotek Criminal Overlord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Imagine that!!! :) 

17. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    Here is a bad Ebay Buyer. Do not let crazyking390 buy anything from you. I sold him a 100% working LGA1150 Z77 Chipset Motherboard. In the auction I listed it as being used but tested and is 100% operational, however since it is used it is being sold As Is No Returns. I went above and beyond answering questions from this dolt providing Tech Support I did not have to.

He get's it and claims it does not work and files a Return even though the return policy section said no returns and I put in the description As Is No Returns. Now my Paypal is negative and I have to fight this moron that from his questions does not know a Motherboard from a Mother#&@*er.

18. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    I'm not defending the buyer in anyway, but not accepting returns on eBay merely means you don't accept returns for buyer's remorse, uncomfortable shoes, etc. eBay has always required sellers accept returns for inaccurate descriptions, which is why eBay/Paypal seems to side with buyers 99% in disputes. Somewhat recent eBay website changes have expedited items not as described return, and given the available options sellers have to respond to claims, that I'm sure you've seen by now, it's obvious eBay wants to make a "customer is always right" atmosphere even when the buyer is full of it.

Your best bet is to get the buyer to admit to breaking the motherboard if it's indeed now broken (eBay may side with you), or advise the buyer on installing/using it if they're mistaken about it's condition so they'll close the dispute.

Also, just a heads up if you're unaware, eBay now deducts the return shipping charge directly from you for not as described returns.

19. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    Oh I have all the emails of him asking insane questions proving that he had no clue to what he was doing. I am fighting this one to the end and live for the day either someone comes up with a Viable alternative to We Hate Sellers Bay or Google follows through with their plans to buy them.

Update: Sounds like Ebay wants to side with us on this based on the fact that the account we have has been around since 1999 with a 100% Positive Feedback rating and 4821 total feedback. This clown on the other hand has 47 total in 7 years.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  20. BladeStorm

BladeStorm All Prime, All the time!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Be wary of ormnat.ghztxizw

He purchased AD32 from me but after several days and repeated invoices didn't pay. He then claimed he would pay by Sunday, didn't pay and I haven't heard a peep since despite sending yet another request for payment. Have opened an unpaid item case. Not impressed.