The list of BAD EBAY SELLERS!

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Elmwood Jones, May 13, 2002.

1. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    There is no rule saying either or, however it has been said throughout this thread (if you really read all 140+ pages) by mods to keep it to bad dealings, but of course not everyone is so eager to adhere to the rules.

Countering someone's bad experience accomplishes nothing. Can posting a good experience negate a bad one? No. Not a chance, and it goes vice/versa.

This is the BAD dealings thread, and as I posted above, there is a GOOD dealings thread. Strangely, the GOOD dealings thread doesn't have as many posts as it should, likely because people feel the need to argue with someone who posted a complaint.

Perhaps a MOD should set some official rules for this thread to keep it civil.

2. khopson

khopson Well-Known Member

Real mature. Your comment came across as all-inclusive, which is why I took exception with it, especially since one of the posts prior to yours was made by me. As a result, it felt like you were targeting me. My apologies for misinterpreting it.

No problem. My apologies. I was under a different impression (purpose isn't to change someone's mind who has already bought from him but to offer a more balanced view for first-timers who are considering buying from him), but - in any event - I'll refrain from posting further. I was only taking exception to AceStriker's comment. My point wasn't to justify "Wheeljackslab" negative actions with others. Take care.

3. optimusprimeroc

optimusprimeroc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    in a dark room if u shine a ultraviolet light on a authentic ha bumblebee it should have a green yellow glow coming from the yellow areas

4. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

toys from wheeljacks lab feel like they are just junkers that have been pieced back together.
    Avoid the ebay user "ibuytoys". He is a lowlife nutjob. I suspect he is one of those users who has multiple aliases, due to negative feedback that he is trying to shake. Any ebay user that just joined ebay should be avoided!
    Actually as much as ebay has done for this hobby, it is a pretty bad site. It filled with scammers and hidden fees.

5. Dake

Dake Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  6. neeno

neeno Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    avoid ebay seller ni_jay1988, insanely low price on third party items, was selling RC and die cast before scamming, sending santa hat instead of transformers toys

7. unexpectedpanda

unexpectedpanda Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Also don't buy from lglg_zhao89, who is the same scammer who's obviously planning a second bite at the cherry when the first account goes worse than it has already.

I had already sent ni_jay1988 a few questions and he always replied within 24 hours, but the responses did nothing to make me feel comfortable enough to buy from him. I made the mistake of giving him the answers in my questions too ("does this come with x, does it include all three figures"). To really weed out a scammer, ask questions which require them to do work that's more than a Google search away to get the answers (how many robots are included? What accessories does it come with? Who is the manufacturer? I see you've used pictures of someone else's figures, are you able to show some of your own?).

General scam pattern is this: based in China, good reputation, but sold lots of irrelevant cheap things. Suddenly starts selling expensive TFs for cheap, general lack of description, uses other people's pictures, often gets the name of the figure wrong.

8. GabrielPrime

GabrielPrime One of the Thirteen

News Credits:
    Just got f$$$ked by both of them, contacted eBay about getting my money back, thank god its protected by eBay and PayPal.

9. Sideways77

Sideways77 useless lesbian

News Credits:
    Has anyone dealt with one Jazz-boy? I bought a Kreon Slipstream off of him, and he hasn't sent it to me yet. I ordered it like two days ago.

10. Crystal Convoy

Crystal Convoy Huh? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Two days in nothing to wait for a seller to ship especially since this note is on the seller's listings:

11. Sideways77

Sideways77 useless lesbian

News Credits:
    Oh. I never noticed that.

My bad!

12. neeno

neeno Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    he also bump his positive feedback just 3-5 mins after sold the item irrelevant to TF. so this could be a hint when someone need to make research on a new sellers
    However, I did win several more items but not paying for them just to leave him a negative feedback.
    he has not refunded my last 2 purchases yet and paypal seems don't care about it since the seller send the santa hats in recorded shipping.

13. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    Anybody ever bought from this guy? millenniummiketoys. I just received a Generations Waspinator from him , and within the package he's missing some parts! Def not what the original picture he posted showed. I'm a little pissed. I wrote him an now I'm waiting to hear a response back.

14. CrovaxNL

CrovaxNL Well-Known Member

I new to ebay and have only used it twice. I want to buy some things from this guy 'toysking2012'. Has anyone dealt with him before or can you any of you ebay veterans tell me how reliable he looks?

15. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    jfannon13

Auction closed and payment sent two weeks ago. Seller has not shipped and has not replied to messages.

Look at his feedback rating. See how many positives and negatives the user has.

EDIT - I took a look, and he appears reliable, but since he is a seller from China expect a long shipping time if you choose to buy anything. Truth is, you always have to be careful. IF you get burned, you go through eBay to get your money back. If you don't feel comfortable buying from a seller, then look elsewhere.

16. CrovaxNL

CrovaxNL Well-Known Member

Ok thanks for your reply! I ordered some things so I'll just wait and see when it gets here.

17. Reynold1

Reynold1 Well-Known Member

Please add "toystoystoys956" and "michelletoystoys" to the list so that no one can ever be scammed by her again. I just had the extreme misfortune of losing $460 to this seller. I filed eBay complaints to hopefully have her removed from the site because I found out that she would relist pictures of items that she didn't actually have in her possession. I was sent a box of JUNK and cigarette smoke. I wrote her an ebay message about the items I received and how they were not anywhere near close to what I was promised (nor in any of the pictures). I'm just a bit pissed right now and do not want anyone else to fall to a scammer like this.

18. Metroplex79

Metroplex79 Hey mouse, say cheese!

I find this seller peculiar.

Auction.

For a small $5 item...
    Shipping to Canada = US $31.60
    Shipping within United States = US $2.65

The seller is from Sturgeon, Pennsylvania. Toronto is only 324 miles (~523 km) away, while Miami is 1164 miles (~1873 km) away.

I was going to ask him about it. But then in their description:

"All of our shipping & handling costs are stated prior to you bidding.

If you think they are too high or unfair................

DO NOT BID ON OUR PRODUCTS
    "

...they're in pretty big letters.

Makes me wonder why the seller just doesn't set their preferences as "Will not ship out of US" if they're going to make it difficult for non-Americans to buy their stuff?

19. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed

News Credits:
    The cost to ship to Canada looks like it's either Flat rate Priority or Priority Express (aka EMS). Both come with tracking and insurance - a necessity for shipping international. For shipping in the US it's not just calculated based upon distance but also between zones.

I see nothing wrong with what the seller put down. In this day and age a seller needs to protect their own interests. They at least made it fairly obvious what their international shipping costs would be.

20. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    Agreed ^ This is not a bad seller at all, it's a cautious one. In fact, it looks like the handling fees are super reasonable.

The auction plainly states it'll be sent Priority Mail. All packages from 1oz to 15oz are the same price for Priority Mail. For example, here's the USPS quote for a 3oz item to Canada: International Price Calculator
    Spoiler: USPS charges $29.25 for International Priority.

USPS First Class International packages, which according to the link I posted is $7.65, has become more trackable over the years, but a lot of sellers don't trust it and won't offer it since if the tracking never updates to "Delivered", lying that the package wasn't received will get eBay to rule in the buyer's favor 100% of the time; the seller is out the sale price, shipping cost and the item.

Despite the low US domestic shipping of $2.65, it surely includes tracking at that price.