The Life Sucks thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Twin Lambo fan, Nov 10, 2018.

1. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

I can settle for that as long as we bury some fake tentacle monster skeletons before we go, I don't want them missing out on their equivalent of Jurassic Park.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  3. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    Maybe you could find a trade, plumbers and other special services workers can sometimes make more money than doctors. There are many jobs like that where you can start out as a apprentice and move your way up. The other nice part about that is they are always needed and not likely to be replaced by robots. Also usually they don't make you go to college to get those jobs, just learn as you go from the trainer. Those jobs are always looking for employees.

An education doesn't mean everything. I have an education, I educate people for a living and I still often feel like a massive failure. I have nightmares about disappointing people or ending up on the streets. I'm often afraid I'm going to make a mistake and get fired even when I haven't done anything wrong. I can get obsessed about mistakes I made over 20 years ago when I was still in school, or some stupid thing I said that embarrassed me 10 years ago. That's one of my issues I obsess over every minor thing I did wrong and ignore all the things I did right. I can remember a stupid mistake I made when I was in elementary school, but forget about that moment I really helped a friend in high school. My mistakes are something that are etched into my consciousness while the good things I do are forgotten. I only recently came to this revelation a few years ago. For years I thought if I just worked harder things would get better, I'd get noticed and get a raise or a better job etc. Sadly it really doesn't work like that. Working harder is rarely noticed other that they just give you more work to do so they don't have to do it themselves. I had to remind myself to take time and have fun and stop working from time to time. There are famous people, with more money than I'll ever make who are depressed with how crappy their lives are. As they say the grass is always greener etc. We tend to focus on what we can't have and can't do,what we should have done, rather than what we are good at and what we do have.

Keep going, do some research and see what your options are if there is something you can do pursue it. Don't be afraid to ask for help. No one is perfect. There is always another way we just haven't seen yet.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Megs

Megs Well-Known Member

I agree with everything you're saying for the most part. The main problem for me is that I'm doing what you're saying and I'm a carpenter/handyman but I'm failing miserable at trying to learn. I screw up and get in trouble constantly for doing things wrong. My boss has to cover my tracks a lot and my boss is my dad (the person fighting stage 4 colon cancer.) I get really frustrated because I struggle to learn new things. People think I'm intelligent and can handle a lot because I'm well spoken and have a good vocabulary but it's just because those are literally the only things I'm good at. But pity party aside I'm going to try to keep at it, I mean, my other options are pretty limited. And I do the same thing about my mistakes. I can't let things go I did 30 years ago when I was a kid. I was insanely drunk at Dragoncon one year and shouted during a concert and completely brought the show ( a full house btw) to a complete halt because one of the musicians thought I was shouting something important to him when it was actually just nonsense. I think about it almost every day and feel completely mortified.

5. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    Don't worry about it, it's Dragoncon people there have done way more stupid things. Hell just the furrie groups alone.......shudder..... I was there the year Danger Woman or whatever she's calling herself these days got Drunk and tried to jump off the escalators(She thought she could fly at the time) I was there the years Gwar cased such a commotion we were banned for two years from one of the hotels (It was either the Hyatt or the Marriott) We've all said or done something stupid there at least once. The problem is dwelling on it Don't obsess with what's over and you can't change. Obsess about what you can improve. If you make a mistake find a way not to do it again write down what you did wrong. Then when you have free time practice doing better. If you convince yourself you can't do something you won't be able to do it. For years I thought things I can easily do now were too hard. I avoided doing them, tried cheats and shortcuts etc. Then came a time when I just had to do it. So I did and though not as nice as I'd like I was able to do it, some more practice and I improved. There are people who are still better than me, but I can basically do what I think about doing and am reasonably satisfied with it. You also have someone helping you. So don't dwell on the mistakes, obsess about getting better at it.

Can't wait till it Dragoncon starts up again, been going to it since the mid 90's. One of the few things I look forward to every year.
    [​IMG]
    I miss the old carpet.....

• Like Like x 2
  6. Megs

Megs Well-Known Member

I'm trying, man. I really am. And as for Dragoncon, I don't know if I'll ever get to go again as I was just lucky that year but I would love to go again. It was an experience I'll never forget. When the Elves came through the hotel ringing bells and singing on the last day...shew.

7. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    DragonCon can get crazy, Imagine having this guy and a little sister behind you in line for an hour
    [​IMG]
    That happened to me one year. Other really bad time I remember was this girl with giant winged costume who kept hitting me in the head with them every time she got distracted by something, forgot she had them on and turned quickly to see it.

8. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible TFW2005 Supporter

I have been teaching for over 25 years. I have had thousands of students cross my path and I liked most of them. CL is one of the brightest spots in my career. Always joyful, smart, funny, creative, she is easily one of my favorite and most memorable students. I was happy to learn she would be attending college with her two friends, who are also on my "best of" list.

CL's mom is a custodian in our high school. During the pandemic I would often ask her about CL and how she was coping and we've developed a friendly relationship. Mom saw me in summer school Friday, and informed me that CL won't be going to college in the fall because they found a mass in her head.

Fuck fuck fuckityfuckFUCK!

9. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

Well my current physical health doctor finally acknowledged my lower back and right hip pain and gave me some pain meds but unfortunately those meds don't do shit for me. I spent half the time sitting on my ass at work today. I'm a cook for fuck sake! I need to be able to walk around quickly and stand for a while preparing food and shit!

I hate to do it but I'll have to double dose tomorrow morning to help me get through the work day. Man Friday will be bliss. I'm off on Fridays and I get the choice to come in or not on weekends. I choose to come in on Sundays and I might take Saturday off to rest and help my coworker/student with her English.

10. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    Just learned that the old Yakahama electric piano that I used to practice on might be getting taken by the husband of one of my mom's coworkers. I haven't played in years but hearing it brought back a fair degree of regret that I haven't kept up on it despite occasionally telling myself I should take it up again. Plus it was a major part of my childhood that kind of just faded away at some point, between the practice and the lessons. Feels like another part of my own personal history might be leaving and...well, you never stop growing up, and growing up fucking sucks y'know?

11. soundwaveprime1

soundwaveprime1 Minicon junkie

So it turns out that the majority of my health issues that I have been suffering through the last 5 months are most likely caused by the stress from my job.

12. BairdimusPrime

BairdimusPrime youtube.com/billythekidsnobullshittoyreviews

News Credits:
    So sorry to read this, I completely understand though. Been hospitalized twice due to work stress in the last three years.
    wishing nothing but the best

• Like Like x 1
  13. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    Work stress sucks, I had one job drive me to a nervous break down. Thankfully I don't work there anymore. Hope it gets better for you.

• Like Like x 2
  14. avc-prime

avc-prime Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that, I walked out on a job when my manager basically told me I didn't bring anything to the team and berated me. She was just looking out for herself and made me miserable I decided to walk out that day.

15. MetalRyde

Oh man. I don't know what I ate but I've gone to the bathroom 9 times today. My dad want me to go with him to the grocery store but I'm in no condition to leave home. This freaking sucks.

16. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Apparently there is a gatorade shortage. I get smaller bottles for work. Shelves are bare. Managed to get some powerade instead. 3 stores with nothing.

17. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    My cousin had a phone coming to our house. She's yelling at me because I refused a package, that had a different name with a different address, and she's not listening when i say that her name and this address weren't on the package. And she goes oh, someone else ordered that for me. You hafta pay my shipping now!

Well why didn't ya fuckin say so? We didn't know? I'm not going to to take someone else's package, that doesn't belong to anyone I recognize! Be specific! And it was a completely different address from our own. No need to yell or accuse us of trying to hide it from you. I told her,I ain't paying shit! Why dont you send your shit to your house?

The older I get, the less tolerant I am of my cousins.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  18. matrixprime

matrixprime Just a guy who likes toys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The correct response to your cousin is tough shit and let her pay her own damn shipping.

• Like Like x 3
  19. matrixprime

matrixprime Just a guy who likes toys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Monday starts my first day back to work in over a month (parental leave). My coworkers text me and let me know that things continue to get worse at my job and my only interview outside the company I've been ghosted. Sucks I have to go back, and sucks I have to stay. Would really like to catch a break and have one of my applications pay off outside the company.

• Like Like x 1
  20. MetalRyde

Ive had a few gray hairs on my head but i discovered a new gray hair in my BEARD!!! I'm only 37! I'm too young to have a gray hair in my beard!

Could be from stress because I've had things causing me a lot of stress for years. Getting old sucks.