The Life Sucks thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Twin Lambo fan, Nov 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raindance773

raindance773 Well-Known Member

I hope you find someone that can help you.

2. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Bought a new phone. Charging port doesn't work.
    hqdefault (1).jpg

3. mn_128875

mn_128875 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This adorable little moron 77E4D25C-C97C-427E-8334-EF93B7BF2FDC.jpeg ran off into my neighbors yard and when I went to go get him, he ran up a tree and we spent half an hour trying to get him down then he just jumped off and fell down and hurt himself a bit (nothing too serious just a few scratches) also my dad called me a dumbass which was pretty funny

• Like Like x 2
  4. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

You know, I like to help people who are homeless in the street. There was an elderly who would sit near the restaurant I used to work at. He would ask for money for food but I didn't know if he actually needed money for food or not.

I have leverage in the restaurant and got some food and a soda for the guy and he started to cry out of happiness. I gave him $10 and he said "God bless you, sir." I told him you are welcome. I did this for a year every day and then one day he wasn't there. It's been 3 years and I haven't seen him. I figured he might have passed away.

• Like Like x 5
  5. MetalRyde

I got word from my mum that my youngest sister was at the hospital because she had a strong pain above her belly button. Doc said it could be constipation or it could be worst and require surgery.

She an I have always been close so this terrifies me to no end. I can only hope that she won't need surgery. :( 

6. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    On one hand, I wish I had the extra funds to help those out I see on street corners almost every day. On the other, sometimes I'm glad I don't since you don't know if they are actually needing it or not. A while back there was a dude on a corner holding up a sign that said, "Anything helps" talking to another guy about how his weekend went. The "beggar" said it was a nice weekend as he and his wife took the kids to the park and stuff. I'm all like, "What the fuck?! Why the hell are you here doing this when you clearly are not in need of it??!!!"

7. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I had a cat who would run half way up a tree, then hold on for dear life to the side of the tree crying when he was scared unsure of how to get down. We used to have to go get a ladder.

• Like Like x 1
  8. MetalRyde

I once saw a guy begging for change while holding a electric guitar...

...yeah.

9. soundwaveprime1

soundwaveprime1 screaming internally

So I might lose my new job because of the goddamn power company. I started a job a month ago working from home and it has a probationary period. Yesterday we had a planned maintenance outage, so I had to inform my supervisor the day beforethat I could not work , and thankfully he was very understanding. This morning I get a call that there's going to be 3 fucking days of outages next week, making me lose out on a huge chunk of money (along with most of the food in my fridge), and putting my employment at risk as more than 3 days missed in probationary period means that I could terminated. Things literally have finally turned around for me, I actually have a good job that allows me to no longer live paycheck to paycheck, that pays me enough that I can actually save money for the future, and it might go tits up because "lol fuck you, there's gonna be an outage, git gud".
    If goddamn edison is the reason I lose my job, I will literally take them to court.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Got my first annual review in ten minutes for my current position, which is truthfully the first full time position I managed to get after graduating from college five years ago, and while I'm sure it'll be fine, I'm still nervous as hell.

Also, online dating sucks. The fuck is the point of having an online profile if nobody uses messaging, even on the sites where it's free by default?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    If you have a laptop, find a place with free internet. I used to teach college online (Still do from time to time) and one day some idiots were doing construction and cut the internet and phone lines to the entire neighborhood All 3 carriers. I ended up having to go to the public library, starbucks and local mcdolands to get my job done. Find a place. If you have relatives beg them to let you use their internet. That is if you can do it away from home.
    For emergencies I now can also use the hotspot on my phone. Sure my bills will go up, but I'll still have my job if the internet gets cut again.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Ended up going super well, they were over the moon with my performance, particularly given it's only been a year, and say they want me to work on developing my knowledge of relevant work material to possibly even take a leadership position in the future. I also will be getting a nice little raise as well.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    Congrats.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Psychoshi

Psychoshi Grammaton Cleric

My grandfather passed away in his sleep last night. He had lived a long life. These kinds of events never fully sink in, with me, until a little later. I'm dreading the moment when it fully hits. :( 

Missed the chance to see him, since Christmas 2019, due to all of this isolating/quarantining.

16. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

Because most women on online dating sites suck, and too many women are looking for all the wrong qualities in the opposite sex, and if you don't have that (usually superficial) quality they're looking for, they're not interested. And then they wonder why, with their crappy personalities and entitled lives lived in a bubble (and they're sometimes not even that hot), why they're still single.

And I'm not letting men off the hook either. I know there are many crappy guys out there who are also looking for the wrong things in the opposite sex and too many simps encouraging crappy behavior from females.

But yeah, online dating is a shit show. I'm convinced most people on there don't know what they want in a partner.

• Like Like x 1
  17. MetalRyde

I've gotten a shot every month to help out my brain. I forgot what it is called but a few days later I get a rash. First on my left hip (can't feel anything on my skin there), left forearm, then my chest and now my chin. It's annoying as hell.

My condolences.

So asking for tig o' bitties is out of the question? :) 

• Like Like x 1
  18. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

I'm not touching that one. LoL.

19. waflhaus91

waflhaus91 Co-wisest person at TFW, as proclaimed by barry.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    The guy at work that missed two weeks from COVID lockdown and forced me and my other coworker to work all 12 hour shifts came back to work on Monday but apparently he can't make it through a whole week because he decided me and my coworker needed even more overtime and took today off.

Fuck that guy.

20. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    I had a really good day yesterday, had fun talking with my friends and teachers, and I bought my first car. But today has been a long, hard, and exhausting day.

School was school today, long, boring, and an overall waste of my time, I had 6 study halls out of 8 periods. But I have absolutely been slammed with work, every study hall was packed with assignment after assignment. Religion worksheet, chemistry worksheet, 5-page APUSH assignment, accounting charts, and just more and more. To add to that, My two college classes started this week, dropping a shit ton more work on my plate. To make it worst, I've been having my mom nag at me about getting my work done until tonight when I snapped right back at her like a fuck howitzer and said "I'm not a god damn computer, there is only so much work I can do in one day!". I have also never gotten this little sleep before, I usually used to consistently go to bed at 9:30 and wake up at 6, Now I go to bed at midnight and still wake up at 6.

Then, when I got home, my mom told me that my best friend (I'll call him by the nickname I gave him, Typo) was depressed and his mom was concerned because he asked to go to a therapist. So here is what he told me summed up: Basically, on Wednesday, he had a mental snap, suddenly starting to be an asshole to all of his friends at his other school (we don't go to the same school anymore) and to the point where he called his girlfriend a bitch and that he never loved her. Then, he told me the craziest part, On Thursday when he woke up, he found a note written to him on his desk, it was a letter from his subconscious, calling him Kali (the name of his first D&D character) saying that they need help and to get a therapist. Do I believe him? Absolutely, he has never lied to me before in the 5+ years I've known him, I also think I know what his problem is. Physical health, he barely sleeps, not getting to bed till 3-4 in the morning, he doesn't exercise enough, and isn't the healthiest eater (not in a fat way, just not healthy). Also, he patched things up with his GF for anyone who is curious.

After dealing with the mental issues of my bro, I got some news from my dad about his health. So for some background in August, he was told that he had to get his neck opened because the artery by his neck was 80% clogged. When he went for his pre-surgery assessment in late October (he was to have the operation 1st of the next month) they kept him there as he needed a quadruple bypass and they were keeping him at the hospital for the week until his surgery as he could basically have a heart attack at any time. 2 weeks without my dad, he comes home and he has a four-month-long recovery, doing nothing but fighting with the water department (where he works) and the banks to keep us afloat financially, and since he is white, he can't get social security in New York. That leads us to today, this was the check-up for him to go back to work, and he still has high blood pressure, the thing that brought him to his first surgery because he still didn't get his arty cleaned out (they were originally gonna do it while they did his heart, but the doctor was too busy) which he has to get within the next 6 months. Luckily it only has a 2-week recovery instead of a 4-month recovery, but it has absolutely crushed his spirit. He is a 60-year-old man who has worked every day of his life and will work till the day he dies, he does this cause he wants me to have a better life than he did. He is my hero, and it crushes me to see him depressed like this, asking me why the system is against an honest man like him and how many times he will get cut open. "You should have just let me die from a heart attack in my sleep"

The shit kills me as much as it kills him.

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.