The Life Sucks thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Twin Lambo fan, Nov 10, 2018.

1. smf2045

smf2045 Aficionado of Combiners

News Credits:
    I wasn't sure where else to put this, and I didn't feel like it warranted a new thread.

My uncle on my dad's side kicked himself off of the planet yesterday. Apparently he was in tremendous pain in his legs and couldn't stand it or even stand up anymore. I've only seen him a few times in my life, and the last time I wasn't too thrilled about it, so I have absolutely no idea how to feel.

Dad would be furious if he knew that I told someone else because he doesn't process grief in a healthy way. He internalizes it, where it just continues to boil and fester. I tried to offer my condolences but I probably didn't phrase it well and he just gave me an odd look and walked out of the room.

My late uncle lived in Columbus, Ohio, and had two children, both boys, who are my much older cousins whom I haven't seen in decades. He was married, and his wife, my aunt, is taking care of the arrangements. Apparently, he wanted to be cremated. It's not safe for us to travel there for a memorial service because of COVID-19, of course.

It's a strange feeling, and I don't know what to do with it. I'll never see him again, and I don't know if I particularly wanted to. It's just now that any chance of that has been taken away that I guess that I kinda feel regretful about that.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  2. galvatran

galvatran Well-Known Member

Perhaps donate the $1k to a worthy cause you feel strongly about.

Or....... I'm wearing a garter right now. So, slip me 10 Benjamin Franklins & I'll take good care of you, while the gf out of town...

3. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

I think posting it right here like you did is helping you process it, which is a good thing.

What you describe is normal too. Everyone at some point is bothered by not feeling anything over bad news or even just not knowing how to feel about it.

Sometimes the feeling of deep mourning over a loss just doesn't come and that's ok. It's especially the case when it's someone that we only had brief interactions with, like you described here.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Pride21

Pride21 Honor Wisdom Virtue

Called again this morning.

They said I would receive the new card in 5-10 calendar days (21st by the latest).

5. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

My anxiety is acting up again.

I'm trying my best to stay positive but everything that is happening around me and I believe that my sister stole some of my dad's pain medication. He is suppose to have enough for 30 days. After she gave them back, I counted them and found that there is a week supply missing. He is suppose to take them 1 every six hours but because of the missing pills, he only has enough until the 25th. I'm trying to ration them until the first week of February but he won't listen to reason. I've explained to him many times of this but refuses to listen. I caught him trying to take more than there is. i yelled at him about this and now he thinks I hate him. I don't hate him. I love him, he is the best dad ever and I'm I'm doing this to help him. I had to hide his meds in my room and told him I'll give him his meds when the alarm goes off, not any sooner.

That's why my anxiety is driving me crazy. I already have depression, psychosis and bipolar and I get frustrated, angry and suicidal and I already tried taking my life last month. My dad is not helping me, my sister still acting like a bitch and my mom barely helps because she hates my dad.

All of this is going to destroy my positivity.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Shady boi

Shady boi Banned

Ebay:
    Ive been hearing those same loud ass fireworks every night since i kid you not , no bullshit,

SEPTEMBER. AND THEY HAVE NOT STOPPED YET.

WHAT THE FUCK
    ? Can someone not get any fucking sleep?

Anxiety is a bitch when they sound like gunshots.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Smokeyoreo18

Smokeyoreo18 Has to wait 243 days till he can watch RotB

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    The teacher that I absolutely hated returned this year and is taking my exams.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Smokie's #1 Guy

News Credits:
    I keep to a knife, machete, and bayonet under my bed in case anything comes for me in the middle of the night.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

Shoveling sucks (nearly had pains in back, shouders, heart and arms - no joke), wish I had a snowblower

(stupid winter)

• Like Like x 1
  10. WindBlade Prime

WindBlade Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone else here get anxious when they go into a crowded grocery store?

I'll purposely wait until late at night to go get groceries because of how bad my anxiety gets when in a crowded store.

11. waflhaus91

waflhaus91 Co-wisest person at TFW, as proclaimed by barry.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Yea, I do. I constantly feel like I'm in everyone's way when I stop the cart to grab something.

12. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Gundam & Micron Densetsu Enthusiast

News Credits:
    With the current pandemic going on and I'm stuck at home more than ever.... I find myself slowly fell into a slump creativity-wise, and every day starts to feel the same as if I'm in a never-ending "groundhog days".

The thing is.... I'm currently still studying in Diploma of Graphic & Multimedia Design; Thinking creatively within limits to solve design-related problems was what I'm supposed to excel at. But with me currently in such a slump where everything I thought of looks the same especially when my next semester would start next week where I need to go for practical training... god, but I'm really only expecting the worst.

13. Feloniicharges

Feloniicharges Well-Known Member

Yep, I get the anxious thing about getting in peoplels way constantly, however im simultaneously filled with blazing white hot if I had a kill button button I'd be smashing it right now move you utter cretin boiling rage. Like muscle under eye twitching, hand clawed, teeth grinding so loud it's audible over the musack rage; I tend to shop at nights or just get stuff delivered now.

14. Pride21

Pride21 Honor Wisdom Virtue

Turns out it was business days.

I received the card today, however the $80 was not on it.

They mailed me paperwork on the 11th and filled it out on the 19th.

It was sent back on the 20th.

Apparently they are waiting for the questionnaire in order to process my dispute.

I was originally told that the money would be on the new debit card it was not however.

I found out I have to wait for the dispute to be in my favor for the money to be returned.

If it was not for using the Boost Mobile app I would go back to having a paper check sent every month.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
  15. waflhaus91

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    My girlfriend and I are going to find an online therapist for me tonight because my mental health has tanked recently and its starting to affect our relationship and my physical health.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Maximus Danz

News Credits:
    I know that.

In December, I was walking home at 6 (This wintertime and NY so its freezing, snow everywhere, and total darkness) I took a short cut down a side neighborhood and from one of the buildings, I heard one of the most bone-chilling screeches I ever heard. Was defiantly a middle-aged woman, seeming to come from a house. But when I looked through the window, there was no one inside. Freaked out of my marbles, I sprinted home.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    Yikes! Could be from the house behind? Here it echoes, so its difficult to pinpoint sounds. Do you live in an echoey area too?

• Like Like x 1
  18. waflhaus91

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    9 of my last 10 shifts have been 12 hour shift. 36 hours of overtime in the last 2 weeks. I've just been informed they are working a Saturday crew tomorrow and are now forcing me to come in for at least 4 more hours. I've never considered becoming an arsonist before but I am now.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Maximus Danz

News Credits:
    Some areas are, but this wasn't, wide-open street.
    You really gotta talk to someone about this, that is torture.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits: