The Life Sucks thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Twin Lambo fan, Nov 10, 2018.

1. AnnaLK

AnnaLK Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I work at a pet boarding facility for a corporate pet store chain. I’m constantly being switched back and forth between overnights and day shifts. It’s... manageable but, since Fourth of July is coming up, we are busier than we thought we would be, and we just don’t have enough people.
    Anyways, on my shift last night we had 79 pets boarding, and I was running over an hour behind due to all the breakfasts I had to make. Soon after I started handing out bowls, I spilled a big stack of them, and that led to a huge panic attack.
    Talked to the manager when she came in and she said it’s not possible to put on another worker for tonight (though, we are supposed to have at least two every night, and especially when we’re over 75 pets). We’re probably going to have around 90 tonight. So... hopefully I’ll make it through.

• Like Like x 1
  2. StArS cReAm

StArS cReAm Daytonaaa! Let's go away!

Ya know what sucks? Finding somebody that has all the same interests as you, has a great personality, and clicks really well with you only to find out they don't like dudes. How many times has this happened? 3? The latest time really sucked though. Damn this heart of mine!

• Like Like x 4
  3. Atomic Tofu

Atomic Tofu Well-Known Member

YouTube:
    You can usually fix this if you're hawt, or really hawt...all depends on how hawt the other person is. :D 

4. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Oof! I know this feeling all too well. I'm totally crushing on this guy currently but I don't know if he's into guys. I've been friends with him for awhile and I'm scared of asking because it might get very awkward. He isn't a homophobe or anything but I don't want it to feel like I'm just trying to get together with him or anything like that.

5. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Veteran

News Credits:
    It happens. But at least you know what you're looking for in a partner. There's billions of humans on this planet, so don't forget that. You've made some friends. Keep em if they wanna stay, but move on and find another potential love interest. The worst thing you can do is let yourself get hung up all over one person.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

I'm currently lying in bed because my back is hurting badly again.

It just feels like my body is gonna snap in half if I bend over.

The worst is that my sister thinks I'm faking it for attention and not doing small favors like me getting her another slice of pizza in the kitchen...

I haven't eaten pizza in months and she is fatter than I am and I snapped telling... No YELLING at her to get off her fat ass and get the slice herself and you say want to lose weight, STOP EATING PIZZA!!! or any other fast food.

She is lucky, she can do some workout routines. I can't. I'm able to lift weights with my arms but not bench. Jumping Jacks? HA! I can't jump any more. Can't run. We have a treadmill but I can't walk for certain periods of time.

I miss sit-ups, scared to try push-ups. Best news is that I've been able to maintain my weight at 270 for 3 months but still not good enough for me.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    A big rock hit our windshield when we were on the highway today, so now we have some nice cracks in it. Yay....

8. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy Sorry, I just look very gouda. That was cheesy.

Students at school seem to like to catch my attention with their bullshitting. Thinking I'm stupid or something. It's not good when the students first impression of you is you're stupid based on your voice or personality. Just because I am not apart of the negative gangs and violence you guys do, doesn't mean your allowed to think lower of me. I doubt some of them will even be successful with all the fights, drugs, and other stuff they do.

9. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 There's a 50 character limit to titles. Now you kn

News Credits:
    i lost my job today. now a bunch of idiots in southeast asia who broke our websites more than fix them are replacing me.

im gonna try and get unemployment benefits now.

• Like Like x 3
  10. TF rocks

TF rocks Try and stop me!

Welp, my computer has experienced a wireless driver failure again due to an update that was labeled as critical. I wanted to fix it by downloading the new driver from over Ethernet, but I can’t because my mom is saying I am ‘experimenting’ with fixing my computer when it’s just a simple driver issue.

She wants me to take it to the repair person I used before, but that costs money. The laptop in question is an Alienware gaming computer.

Basically put, my laptop is having a driver issue and it is simple to fix by myself, but I can have someone do it for money as well, not that I have an issue with that either.

11. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    I'm convinced that the best developers work for themselves or don't work in the industry. All these places want are needful doers that can't do the needful. Software is too often like buying something for somebody else or spending somebody else's money. If it doesn't work, it doesn't matter because it doesn't affect you anyway.

So I'm 12 days into a 15 day trial with BigCommerce. And it is pure shit. Only half of the editor works and then only half the time.

They've got this awful theming system, where it either doesn't allow things to be changed or ignores the changes. So you get alot of situations where you change light background with dark text to dark background with light text and wind up with light on light or dark on dark. Or lists of 4 items where only 3 highlight correctly. Or images that don't show as the specified size or stay within a container. Or buttons that cannot have more than 4 letters lest all of the text vanish. Or any number of other stupid issues. The raw template files are a rat's nest and that have a mind of their own over what changes to cache or ignore.

No wonder so many of these random storefronts look like warmed over diarrhea. Fuck paying $29 a month for this abortion.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    Just go ahead and do the fix then, without telling your mother. Its exactly what the repair person will do, so its not 'experimenting' at all. Besides, you're practicing a useful skill, just like programmers and engineers do. :) 

--Moony

13. Tyjos

Tyjos Just another Collector

Twitter:
    Just working on getting through this week without screaming or ripping into others or being depressed....

Life sucks for sure when your brain wants to go from being fine to wanting to scream and rage over things and then back to normal.....

Then repeat it all the next day.

• Like Like x 1
  14. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    What a crappy night last night was.

Drove to work and got a flat tire. Had to stop at a gas station to change it and put on the spare. Still made it on time.

Then i start and the other person didn't show up. I work sanitation in a food production place. Had to clean my little thing, preop (clean unused machine)two kettles, and clean the two kettles that got used.. by myself. Two of them is a job in of itself. Luckily i got to leave extra early and make it home. Now in about an hour i need to go get a new tire. I am wiped out. My work shirt was soaked with sweat and water. Felt like it weighed ten pounds.

New tire expense, plus need to update my plates by next month. FML.

15. TF rocks

Well, more drama with my grandparents again. My grandfather just wants to be in control of everything. Like with my grandmother’s health. She is getting worse with her health and when it seems like something good finally happens, like getting health care workers coming in to help, he just screws it up.

Not sure how he did it this time, but at this point, I don’t care. I just wish my dad would get a backbone and stand up to my grandfather.

Note: my dad is trying to work around my grandfather, and won’t take a direct stance in favor of my grandmother, because my grandfather would throw a fit and go berserk. But my dad NEEDS to take a stand against him and just say NO to his stupid actions.

16. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, thankfully I passed my painful statistics class with a B, which is shocking considering I was on-track to fail it. I'm not complaining though, lol.

The bad news is that my college has changed the degree requirements for the art program since I've been away. Now I'm going to potentially have to take two more semesters of Spanish, which was easily the most painful course before statistics. Ugh. But that's worse-case-scenario. Best-case-scenario, the college will be able to waive those, since they weren't part of the program when I signed up. Still, I strongly regret transferring programs, especially since I potentially won't even be finishing this one (despite spending a a year on it and suffering through statistics for nothing). I could have been finished a year ago without paying a dime, but now I'm probably going to have to start taking out loans, since I'm running out of financial aid. I used to love college, but this sort of thing is becoming such a headache. Best-case-scenario, I'll be completely done with college by next summer.

A piece of advice for anyone entering college: do not change your major in the home stretch unless you're 110% committed, AND unless you have a plan to cover the cost. Doing the opposite of that was easily the worst mistake of my college life, and has cost me time, money, and energy.

• Like Like x 1
  17. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    My boss owes me money, he's giving me bullshit runaround reasons as to why he has to wait to give it to me, and my rent is overdue. I'm stressing out to the max and worried about getting another job, and possibly getting evicted. I just cannot seem to catch a break. I'm this close to jumping off of a fucking bridge.

18. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James The JUICE

As an employer, there's no way in hell I would even consider running my business that way. Employees get paid first! If I'm lucky, there's some for me at the end.

So sorry you're dealing with this.

• Like Like x 3
  19. TF rocks

Pretty sure that it's illegal to not pay an employee or at least withhold it for stupid reasons.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James The JUICE

The only reason why I could even think of is that there's no money there to pay him.

That's when you know the ship is about to go under, and hit the life boat.