The Life Sucks thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Twin Lambo fan, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Pudglor Shmormuff

Pudglor Shmormuff Well-Known Member

That's pretty hard to do when the damn lunatic won't stay away, and your wife doesn't have the spine to cut off communication with them.

Her moving to FL WAS the best solution- not just for me, but for everyone.

You think I enjoy seeing my wife constantly upset because of her?

It's because my wife constantly feels obligated to watch over her mother that she's often unhappy- and I've told her multiple times: Bertha is a 50 yr old woman! You shouldn't have to keep tabs on your 50 yr old mother! Plus, nobody ever said you had to- so why do you keep doing this to yourself?! It's self-torture!

And she always tells me, "Because SOMEBODY has to."- THAT'S WHAT THE POLICE ARE FOR HONEY! IT'S NOT YOUR JOB TO WATCH OVER YOUR WACKJOB MOM!

So to answer your solution: I can't completely cut her off because my wife won't let her go.
    I've done everything I personally can to separate myself from wackjob Bertha, but as long as my wife still continues to text, chat, and meet up with her outside the house: I'll never fully be rid of Bertha.

And I've reached the point where I'm ready to violently yell at Bertha- I will scare her away- if that's what it takes. Whatever it takes for her to stay away from me for long periods of time.

Because again: She's so mentally sick, that if I were yell at her, and got aggressive, like started flipping tables and throwing shit at the walls: She'd have the idiotic nerve to run out of the room, and the first person she spoke to, she'd honestly ask, "Why did he do that? What's his problem?"- because again: She STILL doesn't get it. She still doesn't understand the wrongs she's committed and why all of us are upset with her. She just doesn't get it.

Her mental illness prevents her from seeing how her actions impact other people- so she honestly doesn't understand WHY the rest of us are so incredibly upset with her these days/want nothing to do her anymore.

So I'm basically stuck punching a brick f-ing wall with this mentally sick pain in the ass woman- and legally there's nothing I can do. I can ban her from my home, but I can't commit her- and that's what she definitely needs.

2. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James The JUICE

You're right: Bertha will likely never get it. She will likely never understand.

That's why you've got to make sure that your marriage is taken care of. You've got to make sure your wife's needs are taken care of in this situation. This is not easy on your wife, because in spite of all thew problems Bertha has caused - she's still her mom. You need to talk to your wife in a loving way, to help her set up proper boundaries with her mom. Maybe you two need marriage counseling to help make sure this situation doesn't rip you two apart, because it could happen very easily in situations like this.

You can't change Bertha, you can only change yourself.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Tyjos

Tyjos Just another Collector

Twitter:
    Social Isolation sucks.

Not sure how much more my mind can take before I go insane from the isolation.

I can try to plug in to connect but there's no reaction some times so really it's a waste of time some days to try to connect to the internet to socialize since it's one of the last few places I actually interact with anyone or have any interaction since I'm stuck at home all the time.

Just avoiding the usual suicidal thinking too, I do what I can to avoid a mental breakdown or psychotic breakdown or the other things associated with that when your mind finally looses it.

These days I wonder if it's worth it to try and maintain any sort of social existence with the way things are getting so it's one of those gotta deal with the mind needing the social interaction since the way the mind is wired it's required for functioning well and if I don't socialize I'll go psycho from complete 100% Social Isolation or be driven insane from socializing with the wrong type of people and the other things like that that can drive your mind off the edge.

all comes down to avoiding psychosis....the collecting Hobby is continuing to do it's job of being a Hobby to keep the mind distracted or occupied but gotta have some interaction or I will go crazy.

At least I have some but not enough...

4. Atomic Tofu

Atomic Tofu TFW2005 Supporter

YouTube (Old):
    Tyjos, I hope you don't mind me trimming what you said in this response but...I guess this would also tie into the mental illness thread...but anyways....
    Hopefully maybe how I lived can be a positive for you...I'm one of those "alone but never lonely" types. When I was younger, before I was married and had kids, I was always alone, but never lonely. blah blah blah...in the end, look for challenges in life.
    If you see an obstacle in your life, take it head on, whether you leap over it or blast right through it...defeating it is awesome. Don't give up on life, it can suck...be really really hard...and sometimes can seem pointless and many times if not always pretentious...but stick to it...maybe I'll buy you a pizza one day. ;) 

• Like Like x 2
  5. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    :( A friend, who I ended up seeing sans clothes two days ago something which was NOT wanted, and which I called the cops and paramedics about, showed up at my door at 6 am this morning, and in the ensuing hours has proven herself to have gone completely around the bend and claims I'm doing things she was attributing to her ex boyfriend and all his supposed 'friends in the police, border patrol, federal government' that she's been talking about since she dated the guy,and that I went in her place and stole her phone and keys. I think she sustained a head injury before the no-clothes-standing-in-hall incident, but she wouldn't go with the paramedics then or this morning, and I ended up having to call them AGAIN tonight when she showed up at my door insisting I have her phone, keys, and 4 men in my apartment (I was watching and listening to YT and I guess she thinks they sound like James Corden and Trevor Noah and we were all discussing the Tonys) and other crazy shit. I asked 911 for a mental health professional this time, and they lured her back into her apartment before thecop knocked on my door and asked about said phone...and clearly didn't believe her because he just asked about my phone while pretending to look in, and then telling her that he saw I didn't have it. I ahven't heard anything since except a couple softly closing doors, so...

...I"m kinda wigged. Gonna talk to my sister tomorrow and see what she suggests as far as legal actions to take, and maybe see if I can find out whether she was taken for observation or not, like maybe the neighbor across the hall was woken and saw.

Its just so weird...in the space of a few minutes talkign to the paramedics this morning, she went from friend to seeing me as a potentially deadly enemy for no apparent reason.

--Moony

6. Tyjos

Tyjos Just another Collector

Twitter:
    Well my standard approach to things when it comes to obstacles is warp speed ahead some days ludicrous speed straight to plaid.

I've noticed lately I just grumble more but each day I see more reasons to unplug with the shitshow things are becoming I have watched 2 fandoms of two of my favorite things turn into flaming shitshows over the past few years and lately the thing I enjoy the most is turning into one big flaming shitshow [Star Trek's Fandom has gone full blown psycho mental with some of what I've seen lately, far more mental than the Star Wars Fandom did] right now my focus lately is just keeping myself sane.

If I go over the edge and flip out that's it, game over plus I don't handle rage and anger with the way I am those emotions wreck me so better to stay chilled out and I'm still managing that so all things considered some grumbling here and there isn't that bad cause I bounce back from this mood whenever I have it so it's not all bad as long as I'm not ripping into people or pursuing means to commit suicide I'm still fairly sane.

Just need a positive flow of energy not a continual negative flow of energy.

7. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    Man, I am not ready for it to be halfway through June. I've been looking forward to summer all year, I really wanted to relax, go for walks, and work on art. But all I've done so far is spend way too many hours a day on horrible math homework, and get sick (twice). I didn't think things could get more stressful than last semester, but I have been proven wrong. After tomorrow, I'll be finished with the daily math homework, so maybe I can actually start enjoying summer. I wish I could just take Doctor Strange's time stone and reverse this last month-and-a-half, so I could relive it and actually enjoy it. (I know summer hasn't officially started yet, but summer break for me starts in May).

8. TF rocks

TF rocks Try and stop me! Studio Trigger for Transformers!

Had compuyer’s Wi-Fi card give out. Can’t even connect to internet. Have to use my phone for this post. :( 

Edit: gotta LOVE system restore on the computer~! XD

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  9. Rodimus74

Rodimus74 Well-Known Member

Had a coffee date today and she cancelled on me an hour before we were suppose to meet. I got the "I have a migraine" excuse.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Moonscream

News Credits:
    So appears that crazy neighbor/no-longer-friend was taken for observation when I made that late night call, as things have been very VERY quiet since, but I'm wondering if anyone knows if I can get information on whether she's coming back and when, and how to do that? I'd like to be at least aware of if she's going to be around and whether or not a restraining order might end up being necessary.

My sister wasn't able to help much because of it not being an attorney/client thing, tho she was able to give me some links.

--Moony

• Like Like x 1
  11. waflhaus91

waflhaus91 Co-wisest person at TFW, as proclaimed by barry.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Youtube (New):
    I drank too much last night. Now I'm hungover.

It sucks.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Moonscream

News Credits:
    Turns out I was wrong...or she returned really early this morning. She's just been really really quiet. Hopefully this trend will continue, I don't really want to file a restraining order.

--Moony

• Like Like x 2
  13. Pudglor Shmormuff

My first staph infection and first ingrown toenail! Wooo!!

Since last weekend, my big toe became swollen, started to change color, developed a heart beat, became hot and sore to the slightest touch, and finally yesterday I was just like: Maybe I should have this looked at...

So I went in, and as soon as the nurse practitioner walked in, he was like, "Without draining or even testing it, I can already tell- that's a staph infection."

Ooookay, so what do we do?

"I'm gonna do what's called a needle drain- where we poke it with a needle, and drain the contents."- Alright, sounds simple enough. Let's do it.

I thought he was just gonna use a small needle, like the one used to draw blood- NOPE. YOU COULD HANG A HEAVY ART PIECE WITH THIS F-ING NEEDLE.

He took it out of the package and went straight to it- I didn't even have enough seconds to fully react- my eyes did it all. 0_0....LOL

He gave me a deep poke, yanked it out, used a couple of his fingers, and squeeeezed shit out of my toe....yellow stuff, green stuff, grey stuff, and blood. Yummy yummy. (JK LOL)

"Yep, that's a staph infection. Probably caused by an ingrown toenail. At least it appears ingrown to me."- So what's the plan now?

"The plan is to take care of this infection first. We can't do anything too invasive until we get the infection cleared up first. I'm gonna place you on antibiotics for 10 days, but in 5-6 days you should be well enough to come back and have it removed."

Ever seen the show Toe Bro? I've watched that several times with my wife, and we've both cringed HARD at some of the ingrown toenails he's had to cut out of people- and I always said: I hope I never have to go through that....

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL WELL....first time for everything I guess. LMMFAO!!

SO YEP...Next weekend I should lose a small portion of my nail. Should be fun. LOL

• Like Like x 3
  14. waflhaus91

waflhaus91 Co-wisest person at TFW, as proclaimed by barry.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Youtube (New):
    Staph infections are no joke. An uncle of mine got a staph infection so aggressive, it ultimately attacked his spinal chord and other vital organs. He was paralyzed and on life support for a couple weeks before he decided he wanted his family to pull the plug.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Pudglor Shmormuff

Totally.

I remember listening to CM Punk's podcast explanation as to why he left WWE, and aside from being totally miserable by how WWE treated him, he also developed a serious staph infection in his lower back that they refused to properly treat, and he went to see a doctor (his wife's doctor in Tampa, FL- I think that's what he said)- and he said, "That's not just a staph infection, that's full blown MRSA. You've been working with this for 3-4 months? YOU COULD BE DEAD RIGHT NOW."

So yeah- if left unattended and allowed to progress, Staph infections can be extremely dangerous.

Luckily for me, we caught mine just at the 4-5 day mark- so I should be fine- but I'm still not looking forward to losing a considerable portion of my nail.

Shit's gonna hurt when the anesthetic wears off- hoooweeee…-_-

16. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Ingrown toenails suck. I started getting them around high school. I don't know if this is normal, but after it repeated a few times, I had to go to a podiatrist and have them destroy the nail beds on the sides of that toe. That toenail has never grown back quite right but it's never gone ingrown again.

• Like Like x 2
  17. galvatran

galvatran Galvatran lives!

News Credits:
    I did a Dr. google search.

The good news: Your big toe can be saved.

The not so good news: The rest of your body had necro’d long, long ago. No fault of Bertha.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Pudglor Shmormuff

Well I've been on antibiotics for 4 days now, and my toe has come FAR from where it was- I feel much much better.

The swelling is down, the color has reversed a little, the oozing has stopped- so that medicine's definitely working it's modern magic.

Rather than go back to the Express Clinic I initially went to, I decided to schedule an appointment with a podiatrist one of my co-workers recommended to me- so July 9th I should have this bad boy cut out.

I've heard horror stories where people went to basic clinics, and the basic clinics would remove them incorrectly- so then they'd keep coming back, until they finally saw a podiatrist, and they got it in 1 try- so I'm just gonna do that.

I can even bump it on stuff now, and it doesn't feel like Superman stomped on it- so I'm definitely on my way back to 100% ^_^

• Like Like x 1
  19. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Marketplaces are robbers but I think Sears takes the cake.

"Once you've created your free seller account, uploaded your product catalog, and turned your account on, you will be charged a nominal monthly program fee plus a small commission rate for each item sold."

So the "free" account actually costs $40 per month and the "small" commission rate is, can you guess, exactly the same as eBay (ie 15%).

I think I've spent a few weeks this year searching for alternatives to eBay, let alone the countless hours over the last few years, and the story is always the same. Higher commission fees, more subscription/service fees, no choices in payment processor, and shit traffic leading to shit selection leading to shit traffic. All of these marketplace lists are full of dead marketplaces or the same handful that somehow hang on despite sucking like crazy.

Bonanza? Shithole.
    eCrater? Stuck in 1994.
    Rakuten? Poly faced shithole.
    Webstore? Web Dev 101 project.
    iOffer? Database crash wiped catalog last year, still hasn't recovered.
    Amazon? Steals and gates and mixes in fakes.
    eBay? Trained everybody to wait for flash sales and then stopped them.

And so on and so on.

I don't know why the hell some of these "business" sellers list stuff on Walmart or Target or NewEgg for five and six times retail. Exposure or not, they can't possibly be selling any of it. Are they a front for the mob or what?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  20. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    MY LAPTOP IS SO BROKEN, IT CAN'T EVEN FACTORY RESET!!!! :cry