The Life Sucks thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Twin Lambo fan, Nov 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Except the fact that it will reveal the point that the manager has actually years to exercise the field beyond decision making (and that is assuming he knows anything about the field), thus losing his edge (most of the time), the manager doesnt care for optimal solutions, he cares for short term, money making solutions. Which is a horrible practice.

• Like Like x 1
  2. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Semi stressful past two days. I work nights. Got home Atuesday morning for my day off ready to relax and go see Capt Marvel. Check my phone and notice voice mails. I check. It is the apartment complex office. The paystubs i turned in back in january are now too old for my lease renewal and they needed new ones as my lease was to expire that day. So i race out to work, print off 10 most recent (only needed 6), race back and turn them in. It will take a bit for them to get things ready. I go see Captain Marvel then stop back by the office. Close to done. Need about 30 minutes. So i run out 20 minutes or so away to get chinese food.. they are closed... so race back and sign everything. Now it is 3pm. I haven't slept yet. My mom is not feeling well so i cancel going out to eat with them till next week. Try to rest but can't so about 5 i got get little ceasars. Have some then nap till 11pm. Wake up and relax. About 1 i go out and shop at regional walmarts till 6 am. About 7:30 i go to my parents to change some ceiling lights, adjust a rug and then run to WM. I get Soundwave (yay!). And stop by the bank when they open to deposit a tax return. Have trouble getting to sleep but do. Get up get ready to head to work and notice a note on my doir. Office needs a copy of my 401k statement. Well i can't do mych at 9:30 pm so i head to work. But i feel stressed and sick so half way there i pull over and call in. Now i got to go to my parents, print out tax return statement, drive back to apartment office, take care of that, THEN i can finally get some sleep. My nerves are a little shot.

3. Pudglor Shmormuff

Pudglor Shmormuff Well-Known Member

St. Patty's weekend is near, and I honestly don't know what I'm doing yet, because of...(points to his alcoholic brother in-law)…it's always him...he's always the jam in the machine.

Here's the problem: I don't want to spend anymore time with him. I don't want to drink with him, I don't want to speak with him, I don't even want to take a car ride with him- I want permanent separation from him now.

So I told my wife's family: I don't care what we do or where we go to celebrate St. Patty's, but if he comes- I'm not going along. I'm staying home.

I don't want to tolerate him stumbling, babbling, slurring, and being a moron all Saturday night- I won't babysit a 35 year old man.

If THEY want to take him out and babysit him throughout the evening: Fine, go ahead and do that- babysit a 35 year old man. I'm not doing it though. Fuck that.

I'll stay home with my cat, pour myself a couple glasses of whiskey, enjoy whatever movies are on, and fiddle around with my newest TFs- that's a perfect plan- no problem. The weather sucks anyway.

Plus my co-workers or relatives might be out too, and I don't want to be seen with him in front of them- he'll just embarrass me. Can't afford that crap.

• Like Like x 2
  4. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well getting the 401k account was a headache. I went to start a new account. Enter name, date of birth, and last four social security numbers. Tells me it is wrong. I go through the customer service on the phone. Asked several questions. Get set up to enter a pin to create an account, but sends e back to a customer service rep. They send me back to try again. Again end up a rep. I give my DOB and they say it is wrong. The last digit of my birthdate is wrong on their end. I get him to unblock it, try setting up with the DOB on file. BINGO! Finally get access.

God i am still stressed and sick. Going to call in again tonight.

5. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    *Sighs*
    Well, even worse case scenario has been achieved.... The bus route ends at 2:30....my current hope is to find and alternate bus route trip to get home. Sure it'll make it longer to get home, but I'd rather risk that than risk only getting 4 hours of work the entire week ...

....I need a license...

I do not blame you in the slightest, and I wish you luck to enjoy your day. You'll need it....

6. Pudglor Shmormuff

Thanks.

I'm just done faking it, ya know? Humoring him. I don't wanna do that anymore. I want him to know that I don't like him so he stays the Hell away.

Stop thinking we're pals,
    Stop stepping out to smoke and chat with me,
    Stop suggesting we get some beers,
    Stop trying to connect with me,
    I don't want any kind of relationship with him.

My wife was like, "If you upset him, then he might ban you from his home."

(looks at his wife with shock) Have I EVER given you, or anyone else, the remote hint that I've EVER wanted to go there?

When was the last time I jumped up and suggested HEY LET'S GO TO NED'S HOUSE! THAT PLACE IS A BLAST! N-E-V-E-R.

I hope he bans me from his old crappy shitbox he calls a house.

There's no way that piece of crap is within safety regulations- I'm surprised it hasn't collapsed yet.

I'm surprised nobody's called the city and forced him to have it control-burned down- it's a SHITHOLE.

I hope he bans me for a million years- save me the bullshit please. -_-

• Like Like x 1
  7. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Sometimes it's necessary in these kinds of scenarios to put your foot down. Don't get along with younger my brother-in-law either due to the fact that he's a loser who can't keep a job and than wants to mooch off of everyone else. We even let him move in with us at one point for what was only supposed to be a couple of months and it turned into four fucking years... and being my wife's "baby" brother it took some time for me to finally drill into her head what a fucking looser he was. Family or not you don't have to put up with that shit. There's so much bad blood between me and him now in fact I won't go to a family get together on my wife's side if I know he's going to be there and he's been informed he's never to show up at one of our family functions even if some of my wife's family have been invited. Which is all for the best considering he got drunk and tried to start a fist fight at the last family gathering he was at with my wife's older brother. SMDH, and these people still make excuses for his behavior.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Pudglor Shmormuff

Exactly!

That's what I told my wife yesterday: I have no idea how they all still have it in them to continuously tolerate him.

I've hit my limit man- 6 years is more than enough- I've run out of sympathy, I'm done making excuses for him, I'm done holding my tongue- because it's finally reached the point where he brought his behavior INTO MY home, and I STILL haven't gotten an apology for that.

So I'm done....if he thinks he can come to my home, get drunk, and pass out on the floor: Clearly he has no respect for my wife or myself.
    Actions speak louder than words, and his have tarnished and degraded the value of his word- he's a bad bet now, and he'll always be a bad bet.

If the rest of the family wants to continue tolerating his crap, then that's fine- but don't expect me to follow anymore. I'm out.
    The guy's a loser, poor excuse for a father, poor excuse for a husband, poor excuse for a man, and he's disappointed me in every possible way- and I'm ready to wash my hands of him. Zero contact.

The funny thing is: If we got into an argument, and he wanted to take shots at me, the worst he could say is, "YOU'RE AN OVERWEIGHT AUTISTIC 30 YEAR OLD TOY COLLECTOR WITH NO FRIENDS! AT LEAST I CAN SEE MY DICK!"

…Is that it? I'd much rather be me VS a weak-minded drunk who blows his money on booze and cigarettes, never puts his family first, always goes broke, and constantly embarrasses himself everywhere he goes. You're a joke. The only reason you have friends is because they're all alcoholics too- and I know that for a fact because I've unfortunately MET your friends- and that was the worst party I've been to in over 10 years. Those people were slobs.
    My wife and I are truly happy. My wife actually WANTS to be with me. YOUR wife is depressed to the point where she barely speaks anymore- I know because she's visited several times, barely said a word the entire time, and it was extremely disturbing. You've ruined her life. I don't blow all our money on stupid shit and then expect my wife to pay the bills, because a REAL man supports his family. I'm not the one raiding people's liquor cabinets and then passing out in their homes. I'm not the one who everybody hates and constantly talks shit about- I'm not constantly the odd one out. I can make it a whole year without a beer, but you can't make it 2 HOURS- THAT'S ridiculous. If it were up to me, I'd lock you up without booze for 48 hours, and if you ended up dying from system shock: OH WELL. PROBLEM SOLVED. A GIANT BURDEN FINALLY GONE. That's what everyone would think.

I have WAY more ammo to use than he does, so he'd have to be pretty stupid to pick an argument with me. Fuckin loser.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  9. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    Facebook unfortunately has serious issues as of late.

Earlier today it kicked me out, and I have been completely unable to log back in since then.

• Like Like x 1
  10. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    There are alot of IT managers that have no business being in IT. They don't know anything and can't do anything so all they do is bark up word salad like cloud blockchain AI synergy.

Today was just more than I could handle. I was supposed to put together an onboarding process. This is the stuff you do with a new hire - set up an account, get them a computer, etc. The idea sounded like we should collect all the info on a form and use automation to kick off requests to different teams. Fine, great idea and about a week's worth of work if I could program it.

And then you run into all of the limitations of the idiotic processes and useless shovelware it has to fit into.

So I start off with a screenshot of this web form from another department that sort of already did something similar. I think, OK, I'll make up a form too because I know HTML and that's so much faster than Paint or Acrobat or whatever the hell people use when they aren't technical and the office doesn't have any crayons. But I'm told I should've done a flow chart first because reasons. And my form is too complex because I made it work like a real form (so the highly paid consultant putting it into the system couldn't fuck it up and go "but nobuddy tolded me!1"). And then I have to take things out of the flow chart because even though everybody's being pushed into the quagmire of ServiceHow, they haven't figured out how to get some people into it yet, so I should just half-bake work now so I can totally redo everything whenever they get around to getting to it (going on at least 3 years of using this festering turd).

Then I start interviewing the 3 groups I think will handle the stuff on this form. First has limited time, Monday or Friday only for the next 3 weeks. Second says "oh no we need it all in this PDF form and not a web form." Because it's just super to break flow from a web form to fill out and scan and attach a PDF form and nobody will ever pretend they didn't see the link and "forget" to fill it out and cause weeks of delays. Seriously, this is the department that had 60 days to do my transfer and stuff still wasn't right when I showed up. Third went home for the weekend at 1PM. It took all of 5 minutes to delete the fields from my form and then I was stuck. So I get asked how I'm making out. I literally can't do anything more. Nobody I need to talk to is available, you reduced my form to a list of links to other forms so it can't actually do anything, and I don't have access to set anything up in ServiceHow even if it mattered anymore.

I could work on ShitPoint though! Truth be told, 90% of my work was done in the first hour 2 weeks ago. I set up a shitty page with a shitty tool. Nothing I need to be able to change is editable. It's a header that's way too big, a list of policy documents, and a list of links. What they hell else should even be there? I'm not interested in fucking around for weeks fighting ShitPoint to do the slimmest fraction of what I could do with a text editor and GeoCities/Tripod/Angelfire 25 fucking years ago. The other guy working with me in the same capacity, he can't seem to get it through his head that ShitPoint just can't do what he wants. It's like the driver I complained about in another thread...the ones that carefully examine every parking spot on every floor of the garage instead of just scanning for an empty one or God forbid starting a few floors up. Look, it's a trend, this garbage is locked down to the point we might as well not even have it. The entire organization is just crippled by this sort of useless crippleware because it doesn't want any of its 70K payroll employees to be developers.

I was so mad I clicked a job recruitment link in my e-mail and told some of ZipRecruiter's clients what I really thought of them. I see some of these jobs keep coming up because they're either burning people out too fast or all the visas for this year are spoken for so they "can't find anybody." One of them kept asking questions that are on everybody's resume, like your current city and state. I said "if only there was something you could read, like a resume, attached to this application." Another one that had a great opportunity in WI, locals only, with no telecommuting, I asked if there was telecommuting. And what company. And if the Mets were going to win the pennant this year.

Then I went home a half hour early. Because I don't need this crap. And I have to feed pills to a very sick cat that doesn't seem to be getting any better.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  11. pilot00

God I hate that. I also hate when people sit lounging and they cant be bothered to pull their pants all the way up so we can see their grandcanyon all the way......

• Like Like x 2
  12. pilot00

:lol :lol :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    This isn't a shitty moment for me, but I'm posting it because one of my friends work just voted to go on strike (King Soopers), which he is upset about for obvious reasons on his personal side. Of course, the biggest shocker is KS' lawyer's comments when he walked into the negotiation room the other day. He walked to the table, said, "I don't understand what the issue is. You only work 40 hours a week, so you don't deserve a livable wage," and then he walked out. Naturally, the heads of King Soopers are flabbergasted that 92% of the employees voted to go on strike.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    *sigh*

Said doctor who didn't know anything about my conditions threw in the towel already and wants me to go back to the VA...which is difficult for me to get to without a car, where I keep having to educate new interns on things, TOO, because they didn't take 5 minutes to read my record. 'Course this doc literally spent LITERALLY 1-2 minutes with me per appointment (only two so far) - rest of time was spent detailing things with the nurse and then his intern (she was a student, I think..or something)...which he doesn't bother to read before he comes in the room and asks me the same damn questions. Yeahhhhh...fuck me. Might be worth trying to use my ACA insurance for more than just ER visits...if IF I can find out how to not pay bigass bills that they don't cover. Fuck me.

--Moony

15. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    Do they have a Patient Advocate there that you can file a complaint with? I had to do that with the idiot audiology techs in order for me to get my issue resolved. Finally got to talk to a real audiology doc after that.

16. Moonscream

News Credits:
    No, because this was a civilian doctor under the Community Care program, and like I said before, the only one in my area. Patient advocates for the VA would have no power over them, just TriWest would (and I did complain to them about one counselor who hopefully isn't part of their program anymore) and if he gets booted no one in the area keeps their doc. Maybe he's good for the old men, but not for me. It certainly doesn't help that they didn't give him any records to read ahead of time, or respond in a timely manner to the request.

And I'm sure I'm looked at as a problem patient, too, as the delays and fuckups over the last 14 years have meant I need to keep on top of other options while waiting on the VA. Like I'm gonna sit there and suffer for the months I have to wait for any given appointment (yeah, they're slightly better, but only slightly) just so they can actually see what I'm talking about when I can try other things that will be just as likely to succeed or fail as the drugs, and with less side effects. And then trying to report this to people who 'only do Western medicine,' or who are fresh-faced, book-bound interns, who get their panties in a twist that someone without their education might know something about their own slightly unusual health conditions...argh!

I think I've ranted enough for one night. Back to B5! :p  :p 

--Moony

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    Ugh, I seem to have went through the same thing you did, but at the VA and their wonderful choice program. I hope it works out for you. I would try to complain to the Patient Advocate anyway because it sounds like you're just stuck in some bureaucratic red tape BS. Something has to be done. Sounds like they did not do the proper research on who to send you to, and it's causing you more problems than it's solving.

18. Moonscream

News Credits:
    Actually the VA has a really bad reputation in my city for non-payment, as I found out the several times I've gone to the ER, so I think all the other generalist practitioners likely bailed. There are still specialists that take referrals, tho. Also the Choice Program is what's become Community Care.

Trust me, I was a personnelist, I know how utterly STUPID paperwork issues can get, particularly when commands for changes come from people who don't know anything about whatever program they want implemented, and the troubles for this one all go back to the implementation. 90-100 days is not nearly enough time to roll out such a huge program, even with Tricare bastardizing their already planned massive overhaul of their existing system into a new branch of the company just to handle it. The biggest headache for me (aside from TriWest's bizarre tendency to send my paperwork to the Tricare side of the company: 'member is not in DEERS' Like No Shit send it to the other side you maroons instead of sending me a damn letter!) has been the requirement that everything go through the VA doctors I'm assigned to, who may or may not even know what to do with what they're given (and every single one has not), and THEN through TriWest to me and whatever specialist. Adding the local generalist at the beginning just makes one more step! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:  And now that doc has bailed on me, so I'll probably have to figure out a way to go the hundred miles to Seattle again.

One good thing, tho, they did send me the prescribed inhaler in record time! Arrived just 4 days later.

--Moony, now too tired to sleep and probably wasn't coherent anyway :redface2: 

19. Pudglor Shmormuff

Hooweee!! This weekend has been FILLED with drama.

So my mother in-law....I just need to say this right now: My mother in-law is one of the dumbest fucking people I've ever met. I'm 31- I've met a considerable amount of dumbasses up to this point, and she is definitely in the Top 3.

For some reason...she was out with my wife on Saturday morning, they got breakfast together, and instead of bringing her directly home, she took her to a house my wife didn't recognize- so they pulled up, my wife asked what was the significance of the house, and my mother in-law casually said, "Oh, this is where I meet my boyfriend."

0_0....So apparently my mother in-law's been cheating on my father in-law, for the past 6-8 months, with some guy she used to know several years ago, and for reasons my wife and I will never comprehend: She let my wife in on the whole thing, and even showed her one of the locations where she's been meeting him. W-T-F...

My wife was PISSED (which is natural when you find out your mom's been cheating on your dad for half a year), and my mother in-law just laughed....like what she was doing was practically nothing- just laughed. 0_0

She said she plans to divorce my father in-law, and "run away" to the coast with this guy- which is bullshit because she doesn't have the guts to move that far away- so already my wife and I both know she's full of crap.
    She'll definitely divorce him, but she'll still be living in the same city- that much we know for sure.

My opinion on the situation: I'm not surprised it reached this point......my father in-law's one of the most stubborn, stuck out of time, difficult, unpleasant, and suffocating people ever- their marriage has been failing for decades- so I'm not surprised that something like this finally happened. He's an extremely tough man to live with, and she's an extremely stupid woman- so frankly it was doomed from the start. I could've told them that.

I'm not trying to justify what she's done, or what she plans to do- I'm just saying I see why she feels the way she does, he's not a pleasant guy to live with, and I wouldn't want to be married to him either.

THAT BEING SAID, the way she's handling the situation is completely 100% wrong. The order she's done it in is wrong. Divorce him first, and THEN start seeing other men- that's the right way to go about it- NOT the reversal.
    The fact that she's doing it in this order shows just how dishonest and deceiving she truly is- and I won't forget that.

Unfortunately, my father in-law seems to have a death wish- because he has stage 4 kidney disease, won't listen to his doctors, won't change his lifestyle, and now he's gonna have to deal with this- and he's DEFINITELY going to get violent. He owns a shotgun. LOL

I have no idea what he's going to do, but it's probably going to be extremely violent and extremely stupid- so we'll see. I'm not getting involved. LMAO

I'm watching this whole thing unfold like: This could get seriously violent. No joke.
    Once he finds out who the other guy is: Get out of his way. HE'S GOING HUNTING. XD

There's one possibility here that has me hung up though: This might all be one giant lie my mother in-law cooked up.

I've known these people for 6 years, and my mother in-law doesn't have the guts to do something like this- she's 100% all talk- she's NEVER done anything she threatened to do- so what if it's all just a giant lie she's using to stir and jerk everyone around?

"Why would she do that?"- Because she's STUPID. She's unemployed, bored, and fucking STUPID. A lot of what she says and does has very little logic or point to it. After 6 years I can confidently say that she might be extremely mentally ill, and needs professional help. Lots of therapy and medication. She's either mentally ill or just plain stupid.

SO THERE....that made up most of my weekend. Mother in-law's supposedly been committing adultery the past 6-8 months, father in-law doesn't know yet, and somebody might get seriously hurt. LOL

(Raises his coffee mug) Interesting times. LMAO!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2019
  20. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Puffy's family dramas are very interesting. Though I doubt his life sucks.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.