The LEGO Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Boy who screams, Apr 20, 2008.

1. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

Yeah, over here they'd been £2 until the movie figs, then went up to £2.50.
    Honestly I don't mind, I want them and I think they're worth the price, but I'd be a little put off buying blind bags if they were to cost any more than £3.

2. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

I'm curious as to why the set version doesn't match the actual movie one. I've gone out of my way to actually order specific parts to make my Metalbeard more film accurate. However, I don't think I'll be able to replicate the random 2x4 plate stuck to his back. I'd need to rewatch the movie again to see how it really works, if it does at all.

3. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Sad Derpfester Noises

News Credits:
  4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, some of them are minor tweeks or colour changes.

Like, the set includes enough pieces to have the accurate chest lock, and if you want to ruin the micro-manager, it has those 1x2 grey curves on it's feet to replace MB's brown ones. And the smoke stack is just oddly different. The cannon's totally diferent (and better) in the movie, too.

5. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    Wait, the Metalbeard isn't film accurate? In what way?

6. Tytus

Tytus Well-Known Member

Guess they couldn't have included that alcoholic robot or lobster doctor that are definitely from The Simpsons either.

7. grayfox

grayfox Well-Known Member

I'm thinking the creepy old man talked about might be Hans Moleman. If not, I don't have a clue.

8. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Little ways.

His cannon arm has a 'scope' in the movie on top of a sturdier constrction, some pieces are different colours. The smokestack is simpler in the film, the peg leg is simpler (but less sturdy looking) the gears on his shoulders are different, as well as pegging onto pin plates verses single stud plates. He has a few more chains, the lock on his chest isn't centered in the movie.

I customized mine to slightly better resemble the flick, just because there were a few small details I liked. (but the set has more sweet, sweet Lego brown. It's like chocolate for the eyes) The micromanager is simply sweet, BTW. This set reminds me of how I used to build as a kid. Wacky, (usually due to lack of parts) yet cool.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

Made a deal with my girlfriend-- if I sell a bunch of toys I've got in boxes stored away, I can buy the sea cow ._. (Or something in that price range).

Any recommendations? I really like some of the big fancy buildings but could never bring myself to buy one.

10. jbz

jbz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    haha. I am mixing up my cartoons! you're right the molester dude is Family Guy

11. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To be fair I can totally understand why Lego would pass on making figures based on an alcoholic and a bartender suffering from severe depression.

If people were offended by the "Hey babe" Lego construction worker sticker, you can sure as hell bet they would be offended by those two.

Depends on how much you like the Sea Cow or The Lego Movie. The price is pretty fair for it and it is massive, but is it something you will care about in a year? It had little screen time and for me is one of the more forgettable parts of the movie. Then again if you really like pirate ships, this would be a fun one to get regardless of how you feel about the movie.

Personally for me, I would go for the Ewok Village or Simpsons House. These are two of the best sets Lego has ever created. If you have a little more to spend I would put the Death Star above those.

12. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    As a collector who semi-specializes in getting unique things of that nature, you have my attention. Which set has that sticker, may I ask?

13. Batman

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's not actually a building set but a sticker sheet officially licensed by Lego.

Lego

I think it is amazing personally.

14. LegoTFGuy

LegoTFGuy aka BrickBotGuy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I posted a comparison several pages back between the toy and the movie model that pointed put the differences.

Or at least, most of them. Can someone post a pic of the 2x4 piece that's on his back?

15. El Rey

El Rey Well-Known Member

Got the TRU Friends & Family coupon in the mail yesterday. Anything good on sale?

16. Sideways77

News Credits:
    Ah. It looks like the scope makes the cannons stay put better. Mine just like to swivel around in whatever direction they want. The onlt big difference I could notice between the model and the toy is that the thumb doesn't have a bulb on it.

But I love Metalbeard's duel. Metalbeard's build was so satisfying. I love the look of The Fellowship so far.

[​IMG]

Eh, the SSP doesn't look bad, either. :p 

[​IMG]

17. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Actually the scope does nothing. It just sits between them on a pole. The cannons peg into the + piece that also makes up the hands of the micro manager. That way it doesn't rotate on the socket piece.

18. Sideways77

News Credits:
    I never noticed a gear held the cannons in place. I'll have to dig one out and do the mod.

19. Batman

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Saw the new TMNT sets at Toysrus today. They all look pretty great! Didn't pick any up though as I am in no rush to get the sets, I can wait for a sale. I really like Shredder's Lair and the Turtle Sub.

20. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

So apparently the Revan is real. I guess I know what I'll be doing this May...

[​IMG]