The LEGO Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Boy who screams, Apr 20, 2008.

1. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

I think these bags will be a lot easier to grope, because they all have such distinct head pieces.

They look great, can't wait to pick 'em up. And yeah, I'd been waffling on the house, but this scratches that itch (ha, no pun intended) for a while, so I'll hold off and get these in the meantime.

2. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

They have to save someone for Wave Two, provided LEGO has plans to milk this license with a Wave Two of The Simpsons. Or any other sets.

I wasn't planning on getting these, but those blind bags look awesome, definitely changing my mind this time.

3. WhiteMocha

Yeah, feels like there should have been a Barney and Moe, and/or a Principle Skinner and Groundskeeper Willie as well. Maybe instead of Itchy and Scratchy. But oh well, not complaining, this is still pretty close to the perfect lineup of characters you'd want. And who knows, maybe there is a school set in the offing (though likely not a bar).

A wave 2 seems unlikely to me, but it would be welcome. Actually I think this is a really interesting precedent, releasing a minifig series based on a license. It's a great way to get a lot of desirable characters out there without having to split them up amongst sets (boy, where was this during Avatar, Pirates of the Caribbean, or Harry Potter days?) . It would be cool to see this pattern followed for other franchises. One no-brainer would be the Super Heroes line, as a way to populate more of the vast DC and Marvel universes.

4. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

I just hope this is a future indication we might get super hero ones soon.

5. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Kuphead

News Credits:
    Just got Metalbeard's duel. Man this kit is awesome, it's almost worth the 35 dollars I payed for it...Almost.

6. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

So, I can't be sure if it's real or not but if it is, then it looks like we have another Star Wars polybag to look forward to...

[​IMG]

7. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Well-Known Member

revan, revan... I swear I`ve heard his name before but cant remember what for.

8. Tytus

Tytus Well-Known Member

OH MY GOD
    Knights of the Old Republic.

9. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    Revan would probably be one of the first LEGO Star Wars figures I'd buy. O_O

I'm trying to keep myself limited to LEGO TMNT (new sets are apparently popping up in U.S. now), DC, Marvel, and LEGO movie.

I wish I got that exclusive Martian Manhunter since aside from Green Lantern, he's one of the 'Core 7' Justice League members (before New 52).

10. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

I'd grab him of ebay while he's still fresh if I were you, mate.

11. El Rey

El Rey Well-Known Member

I know everyone always speculates about what Simpsons minifgures they want or that should be made but remember that these figures correspond to the Lego Simpsons episode coming out in May so perhaps the figures in this wave are the characters featured in the episode.

And as we always point out when it comes to waves of Marvel or DC figures although we as fans consider Lego minifigs to be a different animal than action figures, those particular license holders, Hasbro and Mattel, do not. Until those licenses expire or are amended the best we can hope for, aside from minifigures with sets, are battlepacks like Star Wars currently have

Revan wasn't on the list of 2014 polys so either its a fake or for once Lego has done an excellent job of keeping a secret

12. WhiteMocha

These are both good points.

13. grymg

grymg Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Not sure about the figure but the pic has got to be a fake, how could a pic of a polybag turn out to be so straight at the top border? No reflection at the top either.

14. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I still ask why is there no Moe.

15. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    At $5 a mini-fig (or whatever price Lego are gonna jack these up to), I'm gonna go broke! :lol  The only criticisms I can think of would have been to make Homer & Chief Wiggum a little fatter but this first wave looks fantastic! Then there will be the inevitable Wave 2, Wave 3, 4, 5 with every slight variation you can think of...

16. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

Say, does anyone here recommend the Republic Striker starfighter set? It's the one from the Old Republic. I see it for about 40 CDN.

17. Gretnablue

Gretnablue Well-Known Member

18. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They look soooo good. I'm so impressed with the house and I can not wait to get these. I will have to get multiples of them all.

19. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Whippin Dem Fungals

News Credits:
    Holy smokes I need that Maggie and Apu. A few others tempt me, but not must haves like Maggie and Apu are. Hope they aren't ridiculously priced on amazon if I can't snag one in stores.

HOLY CRAP BOBO!!!!!!!!!!! :rock 

Still have my doubts, but brickset supposedly has it listed as a promo fig.
    LEGO Star Wars News: Darth Revan Minifigure Revealed | From Bricks To Bothans
    http://brickset.com/article/10665/darth-revan-polybag-found-in-czech-republic

Fingers crossed.

20. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Crazy like the Fox