The LEGO Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Boy who screams, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    You’re welcome

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mr Grimm

Mr Grimm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep, it’s a Jazz Club and Pizzeria.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Vector Oracle

Vector Oracle Heroic Captain of Cowabunga

News Credits:
    Yeah, it’s a shame. There’s the Batmobile Flash Tracking set in May and nothing else that we know of so far for this year. Maybe there’ll be more this summer, but I’m not holding out much hope. I think Lego should retire the DC license and let Mega Construx have it if they’re going to keep giving it short shrift like this.

4. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's been a lot of stink over the last year or so about the lack of DC-based merch, but I can't really blame them. The brand massively underperformed in its last several outings, and I feel like they're probably not getting a lot of support from DC themselves with all the internal shenanigans going on over there.

5. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    On my way home now. I think I got them all. I heard the spaceman and child was the most popular. Ended up finding 3. Gave the other 2 to 2 others who were desperate.

• Like Like x 1
  6. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

Just got out of the store. A lot of the new stuff was gone.

And just looked online for The Wave... backordered, with a "ship by 3/24” date. Ouch.

Was told can't put one on hold on release day. Next Tues they might have more.

Well...guess I'll just get it online and hope it's not really a three month wait.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2023
  7. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Oh nice. That should be interesting to see.

8. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Mega wouldn't be any better, they can't even get out sets for IPs that they own.

9. NightCabbage

NightCabbage TFW2005 Supporter

10. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But....they do.

I've got a bunch of new Halo stuff this last year. Guys in the mega thread get new He-Man and Pokemon stuff all the time.

11. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Sad Derpfester Noises

News Credits:
    I mean I guess I could do it.........hadn't really given it much thought really after I said it. :lol 

[​IMG]

In all seriousness though I was just going to get rid of the 2x1 trans yellow tile and the 1x3 grey plate but thinking about it more I'm just going to go hole hog and make it a little push cart spaceship. Still getting rid of the plate and the tile and I'm going to add a round stud with the hole and a 1x1 tile with bar and pin holder as the steering wheel. 33895.png 54567.png

Mama Brown Spacemen needs something to grasp so little Benny doesn't get to overzealous with his spaceship shenanigans. For that I was thinking a 1L bar with angled hollow stud combined with a bar holder with handle. 45907.png 17571.png

For wheels I was thinking just roller skates with round studs because they just remind me of tiny little landing gear. Not sure if I'm going with 4 or 3 sets of landing gear wheels though.

Of course I still need to find Mama and baby, kind of pointless to do all this if the main component is missing. Legends say if you listen closely you can hear a tiny voice shouting "SPACESHIP" from within the sealed pack.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    2 of the last 5 major He-Man sets have gotten canceled by Mega, so no, they really don't. The advent calendar got canceled as did the Battle for Eternia II set of figures. The only thing to come out recently was Snake Mountain, before that it was the Monstroid set and the Landshark which came out back in March. If they can't bother releasing the sets for an IP that they actually own then they don't need to take on any more licenses.

13. Mr Grimm

Mr Grimm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  14. madpanda

madpanda Well-Known Member

Got back into Legos recently, and trying to pick up that 2F2F PW R34, and its already on backorder from Lego for 60 days.
    Lego stores in my area are already sold out, and Scalpers on StockX wanting $70 shipped, wth smdh.

15. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

Is it gonna be hard to find in the future? I would pick it up eventually in the future if it would be not to hard to find.

16. madpanda

madpanda Well-Known Member

I don't think it will, you can order it off of lego.com but it could take up to 60 days to get to you.
    I ordered off of lego and its on backorder for 60 days.
    Probably a lot of people buying it because it has a large appeal, you have the regular lego fans, import car fans, car fans, and F&F fans, not to mention the fact that it has a Paul Walker mini fig. If the thing ever goes down to $19.99 like all the other lego speed fan sets, I will probably pick up two more before it retires, but based on initial sales I don't see this thing dropping down to $19.99.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It went to the UK. Anyway, the building looks fantastic. However, and I'm not trying to get on a race debate with this, but is it weird that the jazz players are all yellow Lego people? I only ask because they have done darker skin tones in the past. Or were those only specialty ones? It's just weird to me, but whatever. I'm sure my wife is going to love it.

18. Vector Oracle

Vector Oracle Heroic Captain of Cowabunga

News Credits:
    I’ve got half a mind to buy an entire case of CMF 24 so I don’t have to spend countless retail visits figuring out which figures are in which bags. There’s no figures in this series that I really don’t like (some I really want, others are just okay to me) and I’ll get to troop build the figures I do like.

19. Bumblebee2000

Bumblebee2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I do find it a bit weird from a Jazz set too, but specifically Lego exclusively uses the singular skintone of Brick Yellow for their non-licensed sets. So all modulars, City, Ninjago and stuff feature the classic yellow, which is supposed to be "raceless" I suppose. Then when you get into Star Wars or something you have skintones generally more reflective of real life (though sometimes there is or at least was untill recently still some whitewashing there, like with Clone Troopers and stuff)

The Friends minidolls are also an exception where they feature multiple skintones while not being licensed.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Sunbow Prime

Sunbow Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I ordered a TIE Bomber. It amazes me how long it took them to do that thing again.

• Like Like x 2