The LEGO Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Boy who screams, Apr 20, 2008.

1. betsuni

betsuni I'm just here for the robots

• Like Like x 3
  2. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
  3. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    the picture next to the human being really helps drive home the scale. I like everything about it.

• Like Like x 2
  4. redrum2581

Ebay:
    I like everything but the price, it'll prob be in the local TRUs here in Korea before the Sept 02 release date so my check for it next wkend

5. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Lucky, picked up the very last Bad Batch Shuttle at the Lego Store. They said who knows when they will get more of the new Star Wars sets back in stock. Especially when the Christmas rush comes.

6. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    wish it had an early VIP release. I’d definitely get it for the sailboat GWP, but will wait for a good GWP or to accrue a bunch of points

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chainlink

Chainlink No real than you are

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Went to the Lego Store yesterday. Didn't find anything I wanted. Went to Target after that and found the Slave 1 (sorry, Boba Fett's Starship). Also went to Walmart where they had the Ninjago Jungle Dragon on clearance for $30, so I snagged that as well.

Built the Slave 1, and honestly, it's amazing. Sounds weird to say, but it's impressively small. Surprising that they got the ship's design scaled down into a set of this size. Also makes it very swooshable. Would definitely recommend.

• Like Like x 2
  8. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    YMMV but a little over a week ago I found Boba Fett's ship at Costco for $38.99. Dunno if every Costco has it or if they would have any left now but yeah that was a pretty good deal for a brand new set.

9. Potchez

Potchez Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    • Like Like x 8
  10. rapid_fire

rapid_fire TFW2005 Supporter

Princess land is getting too big and I don't have any more room to expand easily!!!

IMG_20210809_004203_01.jpg

My (just turned 5) year old daughter loves lego so I've we've been collecting all these Disney princess sets but now I don't really have much more room to expand on her display, her room is not very big and if I put them anywhere else. My GFs son will destroy them lol so far. My daughter has been extremely good at taking care od them and so far we've only had a few characters go missing lol (Belle, Moana and Cinderalla's hair. Sonfar every other little piece is still accounted for! She mostly likes the figures anyways and likes to rearrange their outfits and hair lol.

We got to the point where we had to put away the smaller acessory sets which kinda sucks cuz she likes those too, so im wondering if anyone has any good ideas on how to expand? I could go up, but then she can't reach them. Its not a very big room, amd I have a little bit of dpace left in the right of the cubbys there, but she needs some room to play too.

The dresser is already tight against the wall and the bed is in the other side.

IMG_20210809_004231_01.jpg

She just had a birthday a few days ago. Got a few new sets and thats when I decided to take a bunch of the smaller stuff away (you can see more on the dresser still) She has all the little book sets too (shes spoiled) and they sitnon her dresser, even though they are burried right now (which is why I'm tidying up her room while she's away for the night. We have another one to build when she's home!

IMG_20210809_004827_01.jpg

Anyways, if you guys have any ideas, let me know. So far all i got is put a floating shelf above (which she wont be able to reach. Or get another cubby, maybe a single? (but I havnt found a 1x3 the same height) The weird black and white thing with the cable sticking out is her night light that projects stars all over, she won't sleep without that and it needs to be centered in the room preferably.

I can move the entire display somewhere else if needed, unfortunately anything higher (like the top of the dresser) she cant reach.

• Like Like x 5
  11. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    I can share some thoughts on this but I'll post tomorrow when I have some time to type up. Short version: it's been an ongoing and ever-growing problem for us and our 9-year old daughter who has a ton of sets across many themes (thanks to her Dad's relentless bargain hunting LOL). Eventually you need to give over to the idea of rotating sets or themes, and putting most of it in storage containers so she can still take them out and play, but put away or at least swap out with stuff on the shelf.

• Like Like x 2
  12. rapid_fire

Your theme suggestion gave me a good idea, I could always take the water sets like Little Mermaid (which she doesnt have yet) and Moana and put them on another area or something and paint the top blue to make like an ocean area. Maybe another smaller 1x3 cubby with moana on the top and Little Mermaid below in the first cubby so it looks "under water"

Then I could move the ice castle to the dresser to make it like a mountain?

Cuz eventually I wanna get her this!! Its huuuge! And Frozen is her favorite

43197-1.jpg

But you are right, Im not sure I'll be able to keep it all out. She already ended up with two different Beauty and the Beast castles, so I put the 4+ one away cuz it sucked and kept falling apart. I only have one of each character out for her too, the rest are put away in their boxes, which we keep in the top of her closet. She's a great collector so far :)  <3

We've bought just as many sets for my GF's son who also just turned 5, buuuut none of those survive for more than a few days and they are completely disassembled and in 17 different places lol I gave up some time ago trying to keep them built haha. He enjoys deconstructing more than building.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  13. redrum2581

Ebay:
    Mail call
    20210809_132431.jpg
    After starting the build on Fawkes I'm torn btwn getting the regular Hedwig or splurging for the bigger ver.

• Like Like x 7
  14. Potchez

Potchez Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    If you like the Fawkes build the regular Hedwig build is almost exactly the same. So they're the same size as well. (My gf has those two)
    This may or may not be a good thing for you.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Arduous

Arduous Megatron Rules All TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    E9500577-0685-4C34-B0F6-327BF3AAB151.jpeg

Vacation this week…going to finally build this…

CBD9B71F-E1AF-44DB-8DEE-154EEA00D27D.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 10
  16. El Rey

El Rey Well-Known Member

nice set up! as a Disney fan I wish I liked the Princess line but the builds are too simple and not a fan of the mini dolls but I realize this line isn't meant for me. In any case I do want the new Ice Castle

Also not sure if you saw my post but I have Ariels Undersea Palace in case you need/want it

• Like Like x 1
  17. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    My wife and daughter recently build Hedwig and Fawkes. They sit together on a console table in our dining room (for now). They look good together and as Potchez says, the builds are very similar.

Having these now though the larger scale version feels a little redundant. Yes more detailed etc. but I don't know if we have a strong desire for ANOTHER Hedwig. The small one looks pretty good already. The other buildable elements are neat but nothing must have for us. Probably will end up passing on it unless we can get a good discount later.

• Like Like x 2
  18. CeramicDragon

CeramicDragon 40 something toy lover

Lego Treehouse at walmart

• Like Like x 1
  19. rapid_fire

Ok, so I bought a 1x3 cubby for my daughters room and decked it out with some self adhesive wrap and stickers I got from a few dollar stores, came out pretty good I think. This is the first Diorama I've ever built so I'm pretty happy with it. We'll see how well the dollar store stickers last haha but its all good.

IMG_20210810_012207_01.jpg

IMG_20210810_012207_02.jpg

Next I'mm gonna work at clearing off her dresser and get some animated looking moutanins for the wall. And put Elsas Ice Palace up there! That will makw lots of room without eating up anymore floornspace. She wont be able to reach the ice palace but I can help hee until shes big enough.

Now I gotta get her that Ariel and Ursalla under water set XD

Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 11
  20. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Fall Feelings

News Credits:

• Like Like x 1