Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Boy who screams, Apr 20, 2008.
Ordered it this evening.
"Jerry, these are load bearing walls! They're not gonna come down!"
Nothing makes me feel like an old man as much as having absolutely no clue what vidiyo is....and not caring either.
Modded the Tuk Tuk set to be somewhat more in scale with minifigs. Took a bit of doing but can fit two figures comfortably.
Oops, I misunderstood. Sorry.
Well, @Gen. Magnus was right after all! Looks like Vidiyo is on hiatus until 2023, according to this post on Instagram.
Login • Instagram
LEGO Seasonal Christmas Penguin (40498) Teaser - The Brick Fan
Local Walmart had some of the new sets out on the shelf already, so I took my Star Wars mood and picked up the Armored Marauder. Briefly, this is a fantastic little set!
Yes, it's Imperial Grey all the way, and the finished model feels a little small in hand for the price. However, it gets so many things right that I haven't really seen in a lot of recent SW sets - especially for that price point. My positives as I built the set:
- Excellent use of piece layering to create detail, without being fragile.
- To my surprise, no stickers. All the detail is greebling, plus two prints; the console I think I've seen before, but the small crates/gift boxes with Imperial markings are new to me.
- Minifigures that are both relevant to the episode this thing showed up in, and are useful otherwise. Greef, two vanilla stormtroopers, and a specialist are a great selection. Bonus spoiler: not all the stormies are the same under their helmets.
- It may be a little bit spartan, but the interior is complete and enclosed. It has room for all the figures in the set, plus their gear, and room for at least one more figure to boot! Granted, some of it is a little difficult to access with adult-sized fingers, but it's available. Much larger and more expensive sets have failed at this (looking at you, Knights of Ren Transport).
- Other play features are unobtrusive, even though they include a quartet of stud-shooters. They're not in the way, the turrets don't look grossly oversized, and they're not going to fall off or be shot accidentally.
All in all, one highly recommended, swooshable little Imperial brick with a lot of play and display value.
Has there been any news yet about the Mandalorian Forge?
September 1 release date:
They look nice though I hope some of the reveals aren’t too spoilerish. We’ve seen Star Lord and Carter in the trailer and I’d heard about Gamora from a Lego leak, but that Spider-man/Strange is new to me. I avoid show and movie spoilers and usually toys don’t spoil much, but Lego spoiled Giant-man for civil war and now maybe this:/
throg is all i want
What If is an anthology series with each episode taking a look a different universe exploring a ket difference. So don’t feel like a huge revelation has been spoiled, because it hasn’t. A 22 minute episode focusing on Socercer Spider-Man and Thanos Gamora has been spoiled, but thats not really anything we hadn’t know before. Plus, I mean just knowing what ab episode is about, doesn’t mean you know what happens.
Can't say I'm really interested in any of them. Except for Falcon Captain America (do we have a name to distinguish him from Steve Rogers Cap?). But considering he'll be taking the mantle of Captain America, I'm sure he'll be appearing in future sets, so no biggie if I miss out.
Honestly I would've preferred they switched out any of the What If? figures with a John Walker (either in Captain America costume or as U.S. Agent), and gave him the shield instead of Bucky.
I need most of those.
I'm sad though. I found the new Lego Star Wars ITT and Lego Marvel Bro-Thor flat sets, but street days prohibited sale.
I want the sail boat but don’t have anything I plan to spend $200 on. Normally I have stuff in the queue, but I’m oddly caught up currently
Loki comes with a thor figure??
Throg aka Frog Thor.
Separate names with a comma.