The LEGO Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Boy who screams, Apr 20, 2008.

1. M'Kyuun

M'Kyuun Well-Known Member

Columbia has the distinction of not only being the first STS Orbiter to fly, but internally she was structurally unique, and heavier, than her successors. I think it's a bit of an odd choice to do Columbia, as well, due to her tragic end, which is definitely in living memory. One of the astronauts who died in that accident , Lt. Col. Michael Anderson, USAF, hails from my adopted home, Spokane, WA, where we have statues of him, pics of him in various establishments, and highways named in his honor. The decision to do Columbia, then, if in fact the rumor is true, makes me wonder if LEGO reached out to the families of the lost astronauts to ensure that they were ok with it. It seems the the decent thing to do. If they press ahead, I hope they do the set itself as a celebration of her historic maiden voyage, with John Young and Bob Crippen as the included minifigs, with a list of her missions, and a final tribute to the seven astronauts we lost on her final flight.

I find, with these larger builds, I tend to spread the build out over a period of several days as well, rather than marathon build it from start to finish. A heavy sticker laden set like this one tugs at my patience as well; I've never much cared for applying them, although I generally do, but I find as I'm getting older, my patience, and thus accuracy of application are suffering.

• Like Like x 1
  2. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    Were you talking about this one? If so, and if you really want it, it will almost certainly appear at Legoland's Big Shop at some point this year, I can pick one up for you. It's just a $4.99 polybag, might even be at Target or Walmart eventually. Point being, it shouldn't be hard to get, unless you just wanted it for FREE in which case I cannot help you there. =P

LEGO-City-GWP-2021.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  3. betsuni

betsuni I'm just here for the robots

News Credits:
    Somehow I didn't think it would be released as a polybag (I should since I found the Harry Potter GWP at JoAnn's website way after Lego "sold" out of them online). I honestly wanted it since it almost felt like a throwback to the original helicopter designs with their use of the blade pieces. Plus it would have been a nice freebie with the double point city set on sale right now. Now I'll just have to watch out for online sites having it.

Hopefully I won't have to bug you to pick one up at Legoland's shop.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hellbot

Hellbot Well-Known Member

Considering letting go my UCS Star Destroyer (new/unopened). PM me if you're interested.

5. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    I'm assuming the newer Star Destroyer and not the original?

6. deusxanime

deusxanime Well-Known Member

That thing is a beast. Unless you take a massive hit on price, I'd think shipping is going to kill that for most anyone except local pickups, when they can get it shipped free from LEGO.com. GLWS though, maybe you have it priced that aggressively?

7. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    I saw a TON of those "sold out" Harry Potter polybags at Target and Legoland - I'd be surprised if this helicopter doesn't get released somewhere.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hellbot

Hellbot Well-Known Member

Yeah, the new one.

I don't have a price in mind other than I'd like to get as close to what I paid as possible. I can take VIP points into consideration as well. So yeah, I'd have to see what sort of shipping quotes I would get.

• Like Like x 1
  9. prowl07

prowl07 Well-Known Member

Finished off all of Series 21 today except for the Space Police minifigure.

10. Bête Noire

Bête Noire Fallen Guardian

News Credits:
    How funny. That's the only one that I have from Series 21. Might try for the lady bug lady to go with my old bumblebee, but otherwise, there weren't really any others that interested me.

11. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Built the 2021 TIE Fighter and decided to use YouTuber Hachiroku24's MOC instructions to convert it to a TIE Interceptor.

20210127_130218_copy_1008x756.jpg 20210127_130207_copy_1008x756.jpg 20210127_130200_copy_1008x756.jpg 20210127_130150_copy_1008x756.jpg

Original instructional video:

Added my own touches here and there like extending the pylons, more techy greebling on the wings where I could, and making the eyeball slightly more rounded with extra parts. Also have the pilot a flight yoke and built a quick display stand that can show off all three minifigs that come included with this set. Pretty happy how it came out!

• Like Like x 14
  12. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just finished the Bonsai tree. I like it, but have a gripe with the instructions. For the green leaf version, it had you do the light green large pieces and attach all that, THEN it is very vague on where the dark green small leaf and bud pieces go. But if you go the Pink side it shows detailed what looks like. I like the set. It is very nice display piece. Just wish it had done step by step for the green details.

13. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Easy pass on that stuff. Nothing excites me there.

14. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    Aww man. Been waiting for the roses to be back in stock online (had totally forgotten about them when they first went up) and wake up to an email from just after I went to sleep last night saying they’re back in stock...already sold out again this morning. The hunt continues.

15. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    I noticed that, but just assumed they left it open for personalization? Idk. I attached them haphazardly to make it unique

16. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Then you obviously didn't buy any of the original LEGO Batman Theme sets. Because those things have TERRIBLE instructions.

17. Chainlink

Chainlink No real than you are

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Oh hey, I just watched that video a bit ago. The Interceptor looks great. Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing something like that released officially. I don't think I'd even mind a clone build of the cockpit area.

Also, to anyone tempted to do the Interceptor: the build requires extra parts. I was a little bummed to find that out.

• Like Like x 1
  18. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to get TWO of the Year of the Ox - we collect those since we celebrate Lunar New Year; and I need to get a second one for my brother-in-law whose wife is expecting this year and thus they will have an Ox. Problem is I don't have much I need to order right now for that threshold...

• Like Like x 2
  19. Vector Oracle

Vector Oracle Heroic Captain of Cowabunga

News Credits:
  20. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    How much money left for the threshold?