The LEGO Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Boy who screams, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    This being Lego, it's probably not too much of a hassle to convert it to the first movie version. I hope the instructions gives us that option.

2. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty sure the only major difference is swapping the ladder side, and leaving off the wear-and-tear stickers (if they are stickers, which is highly likely). Should definitely be doable.

3. Raiju

News Credits:
    That was my thought at first too. But then I started studying the photos of the LEGO model a little closer and noticed the hinges sticking out on the right side of the Ecto-1 where it most likely opens up and the seat and proton cannon will slide out, just like in the trailers of the Afterlife movie where the girl (Egon's granddaughter?) is riding shotgun and blasting at a ghost.

I think this Ecto-1 build will have features distinct to the Afterlife movie and putting the ladder on the right side would probably get in the way of some of these said features. Could still be possible to make a movie 1 accurate vehicle but it'll be a bit more complicated than first blush, I believe.

4. ElekTriC

ElekTriC Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    uhm new ecto-1? yes pls! bought!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Chainlink

Chainlink No real than you are

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I can't imagine them making it so you can't have the original movie version. Much like the UCS Millenium Falcon having swappable bits to get the Original Trilogy or Sequel Trilogy looks.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Raiju

News Credits:
    That's my hope that they offer the extra bits and include instructions to give us the option to display it as either the original movie version or the Afterlife version.

7. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Any explanation as to why they mirrored the Ecto -1 for Afterlife? Maybe they couldn't make the gunner seat work either way? I think I'll get it, build it and if the movie sucks I'll convert it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    This seems wise. It should really take no effort at all to change it, you're just flipping some things to the opposite side and not applying the rust stickers.

The car isn't actually mirrored. The long green tank and two short yellow tanks are on the correct sides, as are the blue tubes and antenna. It's really just the ladder. Also I don't know if it's because they changed the design for the new movie, but the roof lights (not the flashing blue sirens, the smaller round ones) are too big and too close together. Assuming Lego doesn't give us those parts in alternate, that's going to be the only part that won't be a "simple" fix.

9. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh awesome I didn't look at the stuff on the roof. So it's an even easier fix if it's just the ladder.

Hoping with new GB sets coming we can get some Real Ghostbusters minifigs at some point.

• Like Like x 1
  10. borgified

borgified You're going to get speared to death!

News Credits:
    That has been answered. ;) 

I'm sure that this upcoming and rumoured UCS Ecto-1 will have both the options and extras to make the homage to the OG one yet smaller #21108

11. Ejector369

Ejector369 Well-Known Member

Now I would love to see some LEGO sets based on The Real Ghostbusters animated series!

12. kazukun

kazukun HAACHAMACHAMA~

Here is my lego Iron Man mosaic build, all the dots are aligned as humanly as possible. Also posted on that "R" website in case anyone was wondering.

IMG_7584D.JPG

• Like Like x 9
  13. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hidden Side easily could have been an RGB theme.

I suspect our best shot at RGB minifigures is if they ever do a CMF series; GB2 suits, the cartoon suits, a few ghosts, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Omega 0ne

Omega 0ne YF-21

"This is the way."

I finished assembling the Razor Crest this week, just in time for the start of Season 2 of The Mandalorian. It's been a while since I've put together a large piece, so this build was pretty fun. Here I have it displayed along with my other LEGO Mandalorian sets. The speeder bike is from the recent 75288 AT-AT set (I ordered the parts off Bricklink). It's nice to finally have a mini fig scale representation of the ship that I can swoosh around and play with.

226 (1).JPG

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 13
  15. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd finished building mine up around the same time as you did, but didn't get around to writing anything up about it.

Overall, the build isn't anywhere as complex as the Batmobile (it's fairly thoroughly a studs-on-top build, with merely an "outline" of more complex build techniques to more cleanly define the edges and approximate those curves), but it's super solid, and very sleek feeling. Essentially, the only remotely fragile things about it are the obvious vertical stabilizers, and they're not going to fall off on you. They just wouldn't withstand a fall. And the canopy just rests in place, instead of pegging in.

I really appreciate that the build essentially has you put together the entire framework first, so you get a pretty good idea of its footprint right from the very beginning. Which is nice, because the wingspan is goddamned huge. There's a few amusing Easter eggs in its build as you go through. I liked the red and green Technic bricks embedded in the frame, used to mark the port and starboard sides of the craft respectively, in reference to the navigation lights on real-life ships and aircraft. There's a couple of printed Bat logo 2x2 round tiles simply used as guide tabs for the wing edge assemblies that are entirely hidden on the finished build, but are sort of a fun include. And super amusing to me is the two Lego Friends dark pink "heart" pieces that snuck their way into the forward wing tips. Presumedly that last one is only due to the fact that Lego hasn't made an actual 3x3 "L" plate yet, so the hearts fill in for that. But it's also sort of a hilarious affront to Lego Batman's "I only work in black..." line in The Lego Movie.

The way the wing edges come together so smoothly I think is the most satisfying part of the build. Especially in the final steps where you slap down the last few plates to close up the gaps, and you're like "holy shit, those actually fit perfectly".

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  16. axiom

axiom What the what?!?! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Looks like Amazon will have the Nebulon-B up again at some point (hopefully soon)-
    LEGO: LEGO

• Like Like x 2
  17. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

My awesome husband got me the newer mid-size Millennium Falcon set for our Anniversary. Great build. I did a few tiny modifications 20201103_101406.jpg 20201103_135941.jpg 20201103_135957.jpg 20201103_140124.jpg Because the set is based on The Millennium Falcon as it appeared in Star Wars Episode IX: Rise of the Skywalker, and Han Solo is almost entirely absent from that film, Solo isn't included in the set. I had a Han Solo minifig not doing anything, so obviously he had to be put in his proper spot at the helm.
    20201103_140130.jpg 20201103_140151.jpg
    The set came with an extra Minifig rollerskate piece (one is used as greebling), so I just gave both to Boolio and replaced the skate greeblie with another spare part. Also, accessory storage! Poor Boolio didn't have much screen time despite his importance in the story, so I had to do something fun with him!

• Like Like x 11
  18. betsuni

betsuni I'm just here for the robots

I really like that build for not having tons of wedges to make the top. It looks nice and clean when it is all closed up like that. How is the side stability on it?

• Like Like x 1
  19. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

Side stability?

20. betsuni

betsuni I'm just here for the robots

The edges where the tops connect to. On the older one I have you can move them a bit if you grab it by the side.