The Legend Of Zelda Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by IGotTheTouch, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    What game are you talking about?

2. Optitron98

Optitron98 Guy who loves blue and sarcasm

Ebay:
    Did you do all side missions? I think you can find some there, if anything in a side mission you haven't nlocked yet. Just note that they don't respawn and you only get a finite amount

3. Mark

Mark Just here for the toys

Ebay:
    Flickr:
    I did all of the missions available before the final main quest mission. Going through the post finish side missions now but no star fragments so far.

4. rapid_fire

rapid_fire Banned

I forgot you can take selfies with the camera in BOTW

20210124_003246_HDR.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  5. Optitron98

Optitron98 Guy who loves blue and sarcasm

Ebay:
    Spoiler Free: There are 19 total in the game and 15 of which are used for upgrades and dialogue quests (the ones with the player's heads, not side missions). This is the full list of Missions with Star Fragments as a reward.

Level 21-30
    Fish Out of Water (x1)
    Level 31-40(Optional Character you can unlock during main story)
    Monk's Training (x1)

Level 41-50
    Fleeing the Weather (x1)
    Level 51-60
    Hair-Width Trial: Expert (x3)
    Level 51-60
    Taming the Savage Lynel (x3)
    Level 61-70
    Remnants of the Calamity (x1)
    Level 61-70
    Mysterious Arrivals (x5)
    Level 61-70
    Versus Astor (x3)
    Level 51-60 (Character 18, aka actually a spoiler)
    Ganon's Training (x1)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mark

Ebay:
    Flickr:
    Thanks! Remnants of the Calamity became available and that gave me what I needed.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Scarlet knight

News Credits:
  8. Mark

Ebay:
    Flickr:
    Wonder if there will be DLC? I'm not really sure it's necessary. I like the game but lets face it, a lot of it is repetitive.

9. Scarlet knight

News Credits:
    I'm really hoping for DLC story missions. Especially if they have voice acted cutscenes.

10. Mark

Ebay:
    Flickr:
    Yeah OK I can see that.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Scarlet knight

News Credits:
    Not even Google can get it right. 20210125_205849.jpg

I am punished for my curiosity.

• Like Like x 3
  12. rapid_fire

rapid_fire Banned

Getting close to the end of my second playthrough on BOTW. I have 2 shrines left to do, the one you can't beat until after beating Naboris and the Lost Temple one, im doing that one last, cuz I hate making the treacherous way in there. I left Naboris until last as well because I also hate how those red tribe guys spawn all over the world afterwards. I'm just grinding the items needed to max the Wild Armor Set before I beat Naboris and take on Ganon.

Man the dragons are being a pain in the ass, you need 8 items from each dragon for each piece of armor, and I kept running into spawning issues. Farosh always worked fine. But Naydra wouldnt show up some mornings, plus I got frozen so many times, then once a fang dissapeared, and the terrain is such a pain in the ass. Naydras definitely the most difficult to farm. And then Dinraal would spawn every time, but the game wouldnt recognize it was there and not trigger the wind/music/fire, nor a hit recognition. Probably 30% of the time, it would fly by and nothing happen.

I'm having a blast though, and with all my knowledge from both play throughs, this time was much easier and way more enjoyable. I can't believe how little I remember about the shrines though, I still had to look up 15-20 of them because I couldn't figure them out.

Only thing I need now for the armor set are the 15 beetles. Finished the dragons and ran around for an hour earlier gettings acorns and courser bee honey. Already had the star fragments.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Mark

Ebay:
    Flickr:
    Beetles are pretty easy to get in the Jungle area and the trees near the beach around Lurelin village. Just wear the Sheikah armor and don't run. They are all over the place.

I used to hate going into the forgotten temple but started to like it once I got decent at the Perfect Guard. It's fun to kill them all without fighting.

14. rapid_fire

rapid_fire Banned

Got 15 beetles! The sheikah armor helped huge after I went and bought that full armor set. It didnt stop a lot of bad guys from attacking me (you can only get the beetles at night, so the skeletons are annoying) but tooo me about an hour crouching around at full speed with the beetles set to the sheikah sensor.

The jungle in the south was pretty decent. The internet recommended the Akkala region woods but way too many Octoroks.. hate those guys.

Took me a few days but finally got all material to max out the Wild Armor Set. Now I just gotta finish up my few missions to get it! I really dislike everything about the desert to be honest. But I have the maxed out champion tunic & hylian trousers/hood, all the hearts but one, all the stamina but one, hylian shield, 50 to 100 of each arrows and more food I will ever be able to consume, so I'm ready!!!!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  15. rapid_fire

rapid_fire Banned

I feel so accomplished :) 

20210129_022530_HDR.jpg

Beating Ganon is one thing in this game, but to complete and max out the Breath of the Wild armor set really makes me feel like I truley beat the game!! Got all the best items, got my house all decorated, this really is a great game with so much to do. Even though I have probably 835 korok seeds to go lol this has been a challenge I am kinda proud of and never wanna do again :p 

Nah na na na naaaah!

20210129_022901_HDR.jpg

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  16. Scarlet knight

News Credits:
    In three years I have never gotten that armor set. I should get it one day.

17. Mark

Ebay:
    Flickr:
    Really? I never noticed that.

It's cool to have but I don't consider it to be all that useful. The set bonus isn't very good and it doesn't give any buffs. Usually I wear the Sheikah armor for just walking around because you can sneak up on stuff so easily.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Scarlet knight

News Credits:
    I wear what Link wears in the memories. Champion's Tunic, Hylian pants, Master Sword.

• Like Like x 2
  19. rapid_fire

rapid_fire Banned

I just finished getting the Ancient armor, getting enough parts was kinda tough at first but once I got the hang of slaughtering guardians, it was actually easy. It was more difficult getting the rupees lol But I found the rock dudes are great for farming gems and selling them for rupees.

My go to guardian slaying method now is to wait for the Mster Sword to be restored, run up hit the thing with the stasis+ and start chopping off the legs. This disables the guardians for some time while doing a ton of damage wacking it with the Master Sword. By the time it gets back up, stasis+ has recharged.. Rinse and repeat. Can take em down in like 20 seconds extremely easily.

If the Master Sword runs out, use the guardian weapons. I been upgrading the Ancient armor and now thats its upgraded twice. Ancient weapons do 80% more damage. A maxed out set of Ancient armor seems to be the best in the game. 84 defense, guardian resistance and gaurdian weapons attack up. Can't beat that! You can get unlimited gaurdian weapons by doing the major test of strength shrines over and over.

I need two more ancient cores to max out the Anxient armor, I'll have to look up where they are, as I only acquired 4 in the game so far. You need two for each piece of armor.

Also I wish I had the Snow armor set from Rito Village beefed up twice before farming Naydra items, it makes it so you can't be frozen lol just like the Fire armor makes it so you can't be burned, and the Rubber armor, can't be shocked.

Again, this second play through of the game has been waaay more fun. I hope the second game is just as awesome.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Mark

Ebay:
    Flickr:
    If I need money I go to Hebra, shoot everything in sight, and cook and sell the meat. Gotta be quick and get it before it freezes though.

Ancient weapons are also great for cutting off Guardian limbs. Usually only takes one hit.

• Like Like x 2