The Legend Of Zelda Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by IGotTheTouch, Aug 13, 2014.

1. rapid_fire

rapid_fire TFW2005 Supporter

I'm really digging the shrines, they have been getting quite well designed puzzles, and I love trying to solve them.

I got to the the Ruta Divine Beast which was kinda cool but I can't beat Waterblyte Gannon (not even close) , will have to see if I can power up more and come back later.

2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Handsome Jack Resurected

The Bow is basically going to be your best friend through the entire game. Literally every enemy dies eventually if you chuck enough arrows at it.

3. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    Arrows are also the primary commodity of the game. You can find weapons everywhere, you can get buy without hoarding a ton of rupees, but you learn to really appreciate chests of 10 Arrow Bundles for most of the game, as the only place to get them is from enemies who also carry bows. I used to have to make periodic trips to that meat grinder on the road to Zora's Domain where the Lizalfos fortified the path if I ran low.

4. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I usually get arrows by trading all the excess crap I gather from everywhere (seriously, WAY more than I can cook with, usually) for rupees and then buying a couple shops out of their entire stock.

But one of the best things about this game is that there are lots of ways to do most things.

5. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Handsome Jack Resurected

I usually just go mining (read: bomb rocks) in a few places I marked on the map close to shrines, collect the goods, then head into towns to sell them and then turn around and buy out their entire arrow inventories.

The ONE exception is of course Ancient Arrows. Accidently wasted two free ones against some Yiga Clan assholes who jumped me and I unintentionally started using the AA's. On the plus side, those Yiga fools got the hell out of my face super fast once the game's version of the NUCLEAR OPTION started punching them in the face, but on the negative...well, I'm down two ancient arrows and those are a BITCH to get more of.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Rewind

Rewind Data Stick

News Credits:
    When I run out I just harvest Guardians for a bit and then refill my stock of AA’s at the Ancient tech lab.

For money I like to go hunting, make a few dozen meat skewers and sell them. One 5 piece prime meat skewer nets 210 and a 5 piece gourmet nets 490 so it adds up super fast.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Venixion

Venixion Member of the notorious Pew-Pew Posse

News Credits:
    Searching around for more dungeons and secrets in TLoZ' second quest.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:

9. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    really starting to wonder when "Breath of the Wild" turns into the game everyone raves about.

Right now it seems to be nothing but getting lost & dying in one hit.

• Like Like x 1
  10. flamepanther

Occasionally getting lost in a new area is part of the fun, IMO, but the towers are there to limit that. They'll fill in the map for you so that you can stop getting lost and focus on getting things done. If you're getting lost too much, work on those towers.
    Guardians?

11. Paladin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Towers don't help you with the damn "Lost Memories" thing I need to advance.

and right now EVERYTHING seems to be killing me in one hit.

Find a goblin nest, one sword slash = death.
    Stumble on one of those damn ninja clan, sickle rush = death.
    Enter a new temple, begin a "test of strength," break every single weapon you're holding = DEATH.

12. flamepanther

Hmm. Have you talked to the great fairy near Kakariko village? Bokoblins shouldn't be able to insta-kill you for very long at all, and even the wandering Yiga guys should be a mere annoyance after getting a couple articles of clothing blessed. Until then, do a lot of cooking and try to find ingredients that give extra hearts. You can buff your way through almost anything in the game.

More generally, focus on the small ways you can progress before the big ones. Improvisation and mindfulness matter in this one, so think about how to avoid a direct fight you're not prepared for. Shoot arrows or drop bombs and boulders from where they can't reach you. Sneak up and slit their throats. Run away if you have to. More importantly, get prepared. The game is about taking advantage of the resources around you. Take and re-take the combat training in the shrine above Kakariko as many times as you need, to master dodging and parrying for when you can't get away. Harvest everything you can. You'll need rupees for equipment and reviving great fairies, ingredients for armor upgrades, food, and potions, and if you get a bunch of crap you can't use, you can sell it for more rupees. Take time to tame a few horses and find one you like. Fighting from horseback is a huge advantage against bokoblins in particular, and if all else fails they can outrun almost any enemy in the game. Put the memories quest on the backburner until the monsters aren't curb-stomping you.

13. Rewind

Rewind Data Stick

News Credits:
    3/4 of the way through Majora’s Mask. I finally got in a groove where the time doesn’t super irritate me but now I’ve hit a wall with the the damn horse race that is a requirement for proceeding. I’m horrible at racing (outside of Mario Kart) and even worse at horseback archery so this is gonna take me a while. :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  14. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Venixion

Venixion Member of the notorious Pew-Pew Posse

News Credits:

I ask my daughter to do that since I'm terrible at it too. :D 

In return she gets a small treat, or I'll do something in a game that she struggles with.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Rewind

Rewind Data Stick

News Credits:
    That’s an idea, I’ll let my daughter give it a go. :D 

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mark

Mark Just here for the toys

Ebay:
    Flickr:
    Are you guys who keep getting one hit killed playing in Master Mode? Normal mode seems to have a mechanic that doesn’t allow one hit kills.

If you are playing in MM you really have too cook up some buffs. Also helps to grab the phantom armor. That’s a decent set early in the game.

As far as arrows if you let your inventory go down to about 20 or so then all the vendors restock. Then you can make the rounds and load up.

18. Fast_Draw

Fast_Draw Pretender

News Credits:
    Or grab Majora's Mask to pick and choose your fights early on.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Paladin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    all right; at this point I am prepared to call Breath of the Wild the worst Zelda game I have ever played. The layout is incredibly difficult to navigate, the weapon degrading is a pain in the ass & the difficulty level isn't so much a curve as a flat brick wall. What a letdown.

20. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    ^ lol

• Like Like x 1