The Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds (Link to the Past Sequel!)

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by bignick1693, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah cool. Thanks for the info! :)  I may have to pick one up soon.

2. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Hadar Sen Olmen

Skyward would be a good starting point I think, since it is the chronological beginning of the series (good start if you're into story), but as E. C. R. said, you don't need to start with any particular game.

3. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Not completely true.

You do not want to play Phantom Hourglass without having played Wind Waker. Also, do not play any of the Four Swords games without having played Minish Cap.

4. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd say pick the games you want and are currently able to play and then just go in the order of their release. I think you're able to play all or maybe just the major Zelda games if you own a 3DS and Wii U. I'm not too sure on that though, may have to look into it.

Don't play Skyward Sword before Twilight Princess, unless you really care about playing the series in chronological order. Reason being the motion controls, which isn't my thing, is better in SS since it was released after. Theres a reason why SS required the Wii Plus remote and TP did not. Think of it like playing the latest FPS games where you can run and then playing the earliest FPS games where you can't run. Its not that big of a difference and that big of a deal, but think of it like that.

Other than that, the Zelda games, to me, can stand the test of time. So no matter when and what order you play them in, they'll still feel like a fun/new experience. Playing a direct sequel will not ruin the experience of playing the previous installment afterwards.

5. The_Bardock

The_Bardock ****** of the Minicons

Finally got around to beating the game yesterday, man they need to make more of these

6. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Optics, if you are going to go that route, you might as well play the series in release order since every game makes an improvement over the previous one. You don't go into TP expecting it to play just like SS. You don't go into WW expecting it to play like TP. You don't go into the original game expecting it to play like OoT.

7. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Did the last portion of the Castle again. Also, it didn't feel like 100% complete till I got 99 of each monster item. Even have all 4 potions and a fairy. If there were more bottles, I'd fill them up with the bees, an apple, and anything else that can be bottled.

I've played them all, minus ST, but I wouldn't say improvement since just about each game played in its own unique way. Obviously no one in the right mind would think the NES Zelda game would play the same as OOT. The thing about TP and SS is that they were created within the same console generation. TP was also released on the Cube a bit later though. Still, both are 3D style games that used the same controller and the control setup is just about the same. The only real difference is that SS gave you precision. Had they not released TP on the Wii, then we wouldn't be having this conversation. What non-graphical improvement would you say there is between OOT and MM? As I said, the games are timeless, so any order is fine.... and you gotta consider whatever position Sideswipe80 is in. Wether it be financial, whatever or none at all. Just play the games that you can easily get a hold of or want to play first. No matter what order you play these games in, you'll still get a bit of nostalgia.

8. BlueSigma

BlueSigma Well-Known Member

You probably don't want to start with the nes Zelda 2 unless you prefer Zelda as a side scroller with RPG elements. It's a good game to me but it's completely different from the rest in the series. I do like Nintendo for trying something different though.

9. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

Honestly just play Wind Waker and prepare yourself for one of the best looking games your eyes will ever see. Oh, and the fact it's a great game.

10. BlueSigma

BlueSigma Well-Known Member

Or at least play the game to the see the best way link makes sure ganon can't rely on sages or his own blood to come back to life. Lol

11. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

Yeah, Toon Link is hardcore.

12. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Beat Hero Mode the other day, started it a day after beating the game the first time instead of waiting. When I got the chance, I immediately went for all the available heart pieces and the three bottles before doing any of the dungeons. Once I got to Lorule, I went for the available heart pieces and the 2 remaining bottles before the palaces. I forgot which order I went with the palaces, but I upgraded the Master Sword and then got the blue tunic. It was smooth sailing once I got the first bottle though. Anyways, 100% Hero Mode, no deaths and theres really nothing left for me to do with the game. besides the street pass stuff, but I don't street pass with enough people to complete those challenges. Looking at some of those challenges, some need to be done before you get upgrades. I guess I could just go for maximum "Total Rupees Found" which would be 99,999 for both save files. I kind of want to do a 3 heart run, never done one before, but there are some, or maybe all, dungeons/palaces that require you to pick up the heart container before grabbing the painting/pendant.

13. Scrapmaker

I've also been playing through Hero Mode. I resolved to harvest rupees so that I could build up enough money to buy almost everything from still very close to the start of the game, so that way I could find Maiamai and upgrade them. When I get to Lorule I'm planning to go through the Swamp Palace first in order to get the Blue Tunic, and then Thieves Town and the Desert Palace.

14. Noizemaze

Noizemaze Noisemaze Collector

News Credits:
    Finished all the Street Pass Challenges yesterday. Good times.

15. TFfanatic88

TFfanatic88 Banned

Just started this game yesterday and so far I have reached Lorule. So far, this is the best Zelda game made in the last 10 years.

16. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    I just ordered a Zelda Limited Edition Nintendo 3DS XL. Can't resist any longer. I have the money and I want to play the game. Nice, the games for 3DS are really cheap! I might get some games every once in a while.

17. TFfanatic88

TFfanatic88 Banned

Beaten Hero Mode recently, and I've collected every single heart piece and completed every Streetpass challenge.

18. Scrapmaker

Strangely enough, I actually somewhat agree.

It'd be even better if it was just a bit more difficult, but I guess that's just me nitpicking.

Started my fourth run through the game now. It just has so much in the way of replay value!