The Last Transformer

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Hiro Prime, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok... here's the idea. Durring a D&D game tonight, my collection of TF's came up in a conversation. One of my buddies asked me what I'd do if there weren't any more Transformers made. To which I responded that it happened once before and they brought them back after a couple of years, so I'd just fill in all of the few I was missing until they got around to making new ones again.

This got the whole group involved with them wanting to know what I'd do if they never came out again, end of the road, kaput. I said then I wouldn't have to find anymore space for new ones. That got a laugh and then I was asked a weird question that I thought I ask of you guys.

Say the whole line of TF's were ending and Hasbro looked at you as the biggest Transformer fan ever and said we want you to design the Last Transformer we'll ever make. What would it be?

I'll admit to being a bit stumped by the question and I asked for paramiters. (since we were all roll players at the table) After some debate it was decided that I could only make a scale that was currently being made and I couldn't add anything that wasn't done before. (ie gimmicks) I couldn't make a gestault since it had to be one character only but all agreed that the bot could have armor like PMOP. Lastly, it couldn't be a repaint/remold since the whole point was to design the swan song figure for the line. (so no lame Nemesis-whatever versions)

To be honest, cause the GM was giving us crap for disrupting the game, I said a Supreme version of Insecticon Barrage since it was my first TF. But now that I've thought about it, I find that this is no easy question to just answer. Honestly, I have a crapload of ideas I'd love to see made, but to only choose one and have it be the last one any of us would be able to buy just makes the whole thing seem very daunting. On one hand, it'd be cool to do a fan character of yourself on the other an ultimate version of one's favorite character would so rock. (like 20th OP)

I have a rough idea for one, (no not Barrage) but I'd like to see what some of you would do first. So I ask you who read this thread, what/who would you make?

2. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    A Masterpiece original Jetfire. Nuff said.

3. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

Alternators Fortress Maximus. And by that I mean a Fortress Maximus in proper scale with Alternators, not a Fort Max that turns into a car.

4. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

Hiro Prime:

I would choose Ratchet, because he would then travel to the Savage Land,
    reactivate the Dinobots, download their memories of selling well in the 1980's,
    and play them back at a Hasbro sales meeting, tricking the management into
    reviving the line. Hmm...

5. Ger_Hankey

Ger_Hankey Now hiring evil minions

Masterpiece Wheelie!!!
    Seroiusly, if it came to it, Hasbro could take the most slagged-off transformer ever & make him into their greatest toy: a kind of two fingers to everybody as the transformers line died out...
    Or a masterpiece meggy, that would work too...

6. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    If Transformers were ending for good, the last release would be a last straw, a final attempt at cash-grabbing, a cheap repaint or even just a re-release.

7. Hiro Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sorry, that would be too big. The idea was to make a toy that would be in the same scale as what's currently out. It's a nice thought, I mean who wouldn't want to live in a Transformer since it would be the size of a New York city block. But I don't think anybody would be able to afford one. :stick: 

8. Hiro Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think you guys are missing the point of the question. I'm not posting this as a critique of Hasbro and how they'd just screw us over at the end. Nor am I asking for clever ways to make them change their minds about ending TF's for good.

All I'm asking, based on my first post, is if it were up to you to make the decision, who/what would the last Transformer ever made be?

9. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Life-sized Wheelie with Frank Welker voice chip. :D 

10. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    its a tie between cartoon accurate skyfire and carton accurate ironhide.

only to be tie-broken by masterpiece bumblebee. i love the little guy. dude appears most in my fanart you'd tink i'm gay.

11. Kupp

Kupp Relic of a time before time. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    an updated Reflector that is a 10 megapixel digital camera with good video recording ability.

12. Nevermore

News Credits:
    I'm not posting this as a critique either. I'm just being logical.

There are two options:
    1) Hasbro have the money to spend on an awesome Transformers design. Logical conclusion: Transformers are still going strong and thus worthy the expense.
    2) Transformers are doing badly and Hasbro decided to abandon the line. They would be insane to spend money on one last "kickass" design.

That's no "Hasbro-bashing". It's just economic reasoning.

13. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    does not compute! does not compute!

sorry.

14. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    That's what I meant to say. :thumbs2: 

15. x0x_chrome_x0x

x0x_chrome_x0x Chronical collector

Masterpiece PowerMaster Prime.

16. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

masterpiece grimlock (in scale w prime) or megatron. has to be, really, doesnt it? if they release a masterpiece prime the final one should be mp megs. no question. that marksprojects one should be mass produced. its awesome.

17. Ger_Hankey

Ger_Hankey Now hiring evil minions

I don't think its meant to be an exercise in economic reasoning, right as you might be. Its just a 'Desert Island Discs' type of what if discussion.
    C'mon Nevermore, let yer hair down a little and just tell us what transformer would really really like to see, realistic constraints aside..

18. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

I want a modern standard For Max. Thats what I would want. Yes. Or a Citybot Metroplex, none of this digger nonsense (which I like anyway) :) 

19. Nevermore

News Credits:
    The unused Alternators Bumblebee design with a Goldbug head, with a Spike figure in Headmaster gear. :) 

20. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

Definetly a Masterpiece Jetfire or Megatron. The final salute to the toy line with a perfectly articulated Megtron with no crappy Robot Mode.