The Last of Us: Part II

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Rusty24, Dec 3, 2016.

1. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying that people only seem to care about it when it suits them. No one ever talks about these issues when it comes to Nintendo, as they blantantly ignore everything Nintendo does because it's Nintendo. Yet, they will blame Rockstar for their developers having to work 100 hour work weeks to finish RDR2 despite that being mandated from Take Two, the people who own Rockstar.

As for the recent delay with TLoU2, you can't blame them for something the Corona Virus caused.

2. TheLastBlade

TheLastBlade Well-Known Member

If employees are going out on interviews and saying how bad their studio is, then it’s going to turn heads. I dunno if Nintendo or rockstar did any of this behind the scenes, but the fact that some of these rumors of mismanagement are coming out and are becoming consistent with the rumors is really capsizing in naughty dog. If it reflects the product, then it will have people raging up a storm.

Rumors have it that employees aren’t being compensated during the CoronaVirus business. Considering the recent stuff coming out and some things matching up, it might be true.

• Like Like x 2
  3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP #VernoWasRight

News Credits:
    No, they talk about these issues when possible.

If we knew the amount of shit about Nintendo as we do about Naughtydog, you bet your ass we'd be talking about it. Can't discuss what we don't fucking know. We're going to accuse a company of mismanagement with no evidence or examples of mismanagement? Are you kidding me?

You're downplaying the shit ND/Druckman is doing here: the employees are getting fucked, and the fans are getting fucked. High-level individuals are screwing people over to further their personal interests, and it's fucking hilarious to watch them crash and burn, and I hope this is at least as big a meltdown as Fallout 76.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    Just looking at the leaked content, the game really did look like the story and characters took a backseat to the themes and meta-story. I'm actually kind of glad I looked as I'm never a fan of that type of story telling (especially if it's in-your-face about it). Unless something drastic happens that changes my mind, I'll pass on this one.
    Wasn't it Rockstar VP Dan Houser who bragged about crunch in the first place that ultimately opened up the floodgates? I don't think Take Two is the only one to blame for that one.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

I'm not downplaying anything because I don't even know the full details of what is being discussed. I'm just generalizing.

6. TheLastBlade

Basically there's a lot of rumors of abuse of power in Naughty Dog, and all from just one goddamn game. Some are still rumors, but even those somewhat match with how things are going with the events.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Yes there is too much of this going on in multiple industries. Agenda over story and cannon.
    Many series are getting ruined because of it.
    Terminator Dark Fate
    Doctor Who
    Star Wars.
    Star Trek
    Various comic book series
    Currently many in Hollywood/entertainment think they can still sell something on name alone and push their personal beliefs and they will teach their audience how to think the way they do. So they go after big franchises and throw everything fans used to like out the window and completely change and rewrite years of cannon in order to push their agenda.
    Then fans don't like it because they threw everything fans used to like out the window and had a really poor story because the story was 2nd to the Agenda.
    When fans complain that that's not how it should be we have years of history that made us fans that you ignored and we would like it more like the way it used to be.
    They are told they were stupid for liking it in the first place that that type of character is wrong for whatever reason. The new version is better and they should learn to live with it.
    Suddenly fans stop buying the products and rather than admit they made a mistake they double down on it and lose even more customers. Then they insult the customers calling them haters.
    Yes customers, it's like new coke, that didn't go over well so they went back to classic.
    These days they would still push new coke and say their customers have no taste and Pepsi sales would skyrocket.
    The entertainment industry forgets people are their customers not their money stream that keeps on going. If you ignore the customers desires and then insult them, they go buy other stuff and your product slowly dies and becomes nonrelevant.
    You can't come in and dictate how a customer should act and think. They aren't employees or children. They don't have to buy what you are selling. So stop acting like they should when they don't like something you did.

• Like Like x 6
  8. TheLastBlade

So apparently Sony said that the leak didn’t came from any employees... And people are doubting them... Not much of a surprise.

9. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Sony aren't exactly well known for their data security and have managed to get people in jail for fucking with them in that regard in the past, so I wouldn't consider it to be any less likely then disgruntled employees and it might be the case that we find out for sure further down the line if they locate them.

• Like Like x 1
  10. TheLastBlade

DB525823-0312-40FE-A7EF-E4C839230EF5.jpeg

Lol, I’m sure that there won’t be more things to make fun of.

11. RabidYak

Security vulnerability is a pretty generous description of what's going around about the details, sounds like they were leaving AWS access keys for their development servers in final code and there was enough information left lying around in each game's area to help them get into the next one.

Has anyone checked their car park? We might be able to find their office keys under a rock and help ourselves to their petty cash whilst's were at it.

• Like Like x 3
  12. TheLastBlade

From what I heard around the block is that for the tweet to be true, a lot of complex workings in order for that to work. The other problem is that it would mean that Sony basically admitted their security sucks ass.

A couple of reasons how people would have a hard time believing Jason (what’s new...) is that the game had been in development for years, and now this popped up?

13. RabidYak

If it was lifted off their servers then Sony can't win either way as they have to admit that it happened so they can get somebody prosecuted, pretend it didn't and forgo any opportunity to get them or try to have it both ways and look like morons when people notice they are in court for something they said didn't happen. This sort of thing is allot more serious when your talking about corporations with shareholders, legal liabilities and so on then it is when celebrities post something stupid on the internet and pretend they were hacked to try and bullshit their way out.

Either way, somebody is going to have to show some receipts if they want to prove their version of the narrative.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

The footage shows it's a build from April 2020. He's such an idiot.

15. TheLastBlade

Lol, Jason even blocked people on Twitter when they even so much as question his statement.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I have my doubts about the hacker narrative too. What does lend credence to it though is that Sony is well known for being completely inept at cybersecurity and Jason Schreier is the one reporting it. Schreier is an idiot but he does more actual journalism than most in the games industry these days, and he’s the one who wrote all about the crunch culture at Naughty Dog and how that began when Druckmann took over Uncharted 4. There are still holes in that story though considering how the leaker conveniently had every cutscene in which a major plot point occurs.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku “This is the way.”

Instagram:
    New trailer on the 6th.

18. RetrogradeMercury

RetrogradeMercury Well-Known Member

This is a sucky situation all around. From the potential conditions the ND staff may have gone through to the numerous delays to the spoiled story beats that many of us don’t seem happy about. The fan response has been gross too with the “SJWs ruin something again” rants overshadowing legitimate criticisms.

Overall, I’ve just kinda lost all interest in the game now.

• Like Like x 3
  19. franpincho

franpincho Hater = Fan

Same here. Will not be buying.

20. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

No matter what your thoughts on this whole situation is, you have to admit this funny:

E0D10CA4-49DC-45DA-9616-453578009E61.jpeg

• Like Like x 7