The Last of Us: Part II

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Rusty24, Dec 3, 2016.

1. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    good...between fan reaction and the fact druckmann is telling all us bIgOtS to not buy the game i don't think this is going to make enough or sell enough to warrant a sequel anyway.

of course the blame will be shifted to the people told not to buy it because It'S nOt FoR yOu instead of taking responsibility for making extremely shitty decisions because you listened to an extremely shitty person....who's name i again will not invoke.

• Like Like x 1
  2. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

The game is going to sell millions and if it doesn't turn a good profit it'll most likely be because development went overbudget.

Even the most notorious of AAA PR disasters in recent years still sold well even if they didn't meet publisher expectations, the majority of the audience for games this mainstream don't pay attention to or give a shit about internet drama.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It’s not Internet drama that will kill it, it's the story. They tried to pull TWD but screwed up very hard.

• Like Like x 1
  4. RabidYak

Totally agree that's what what the problem is and that's going to knacker the IP and at least some consumer trust in ND going forward.

I'm saying that people shouldn't expect it to properly bomb because that almost never actually happens with developers or IP that have momentum in this part of the market, nor that people should attribute much of that to people arguing about topics that most people don't actually care about either way or individuals that most people don't even know exist.

5. TheLastBlade

TheLastBlade Well-Known Member

I found out who it was.... It was Anita sarkesian....

6. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YOU SAID THE NAME!!!!

exorcist.gif

• Like Like x 1
  7. TheLastBlade

Yea, I said it. I’ll go one further: One of the reasons IDW is dying is because they hired people like Zoe Quinn.

• Like Like x 1
  8. GeoSociety

GeoSociety Quit

Only fully played the first one a few times years ago. Since I don't have a working PS4 anymore anyways, I saw the entirety of the leaks. Yikes. How did they screw this up so badly?

• Like Like x 1
  9. RabidYak

Dude that makes games for people that want them to be like Hollywood movies thinks he's an auteur and everybody that knew better and could have stopped him has already left.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    I dunno - if an absolute legend like Kojima couldn't get Death Stranding to sell and that game was, if nothing else, simply conceptually flawed and sorta boring, then TLOU2 is going to absolutely shit the bed given the leaks suggest it takes the thing people liked the most about the original and completely throws it into a trash compactor.

• Like Like x 1
  11. TheLastBlade

It’s funny to see that Sony and everyone else is pretending that death stranding doesn’t exist.

12. RabidYak

The issue with Death Stranding seems to be that allot of people took a wait and see approach, probably because it wasn't entirely clear what it actually was and/or because his previous two games had issues, which then caused interest to quickly fade away when it turned out to be meh if you weren't just in it for the Kojima wackiness.

Anthem might be a more relevant model. That game had allot of red flags around it and it was pretty apparent for people in the loop that it wasn't what anyone wanted, but it still sold well at launch because it had Bioware written on it before it rolled off the cliff once the majority of people that aren't reading forums/socials realised it was balls. Not to mention that ND have the advantage of heading into this off the back of TLOU1 and UC4, whereas Bioware went into Anthem off the back of Andromeda.

Then there's whether it's either going to generate a ton of divisive opinion or whether it's going to generate outright rejection/apathy, the former will likely keep people talking about it and give it at least some legs whereas the latter will collapse sales pretty quickly.

I hope i'm wrong because fuck anyone who treats their employees like shit, but it takes allot to sink a title like this.

• Like Like x 5
  13. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Despite the flaws with the game’s story I’m still buying it day one. Like I don’t expect the gameplay to be garbage.

14. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Naughty Dog put out a statement as apparently someone posted some footage of the game that was never meant to be released publically. That sucks that some asshole would do that to people.

15. TheLastBlade

It sucks, but at the same time, since reports of mismanagement of naughty dog came to light they pretty much are a hot topic to be buttmonkeys.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku Why did I un-ironically call myself an otaku?

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    805BB265-4F9F-4427-A90C-262F81347490.jpeg

No comments allowed. I wonder why...

• Like Like x 2
  17. TheLastBlade

Damage control~

• Like Like x 2
  18. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Mismanagement? How is that different from every game company though? Tell me one company that doesn't have mismanagement.

19. TheLastBlade

I'm getting angry and tired of seeing this type of justification... Most of the original team from the first game left because they hated how things were run with sequel and who knows what other issues. Then during development, there was crunch time and other issues employees have with naughty dog and the director, which explains why some interviews with the employees hate the fuck out of them and want the game to take a dive bomb. AND THEN the multiple delays that people would assume for being made either for no reason or the developers trying to fix their shit, and that the (seemingly) final release date being made because Sony is trying to save their ship. And these are only some of the problems that are currently being revealed about the studio. No one is leaking out the game to be a troll, they're leaking it out because employees working with Naughty Dog are tired and pissed and want them to GET BENT.

So generalizing by saying "what company doesn't mismanage" is putting it lightly.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The rumor is that they refused to give the usual bonus early to help staff through the COVID shutdown. Then it was delayed, supposedly was going to be Nov or Dec, which means that the staff wouldn't be paid for the game until May next year. Therefore, a bunch of staff leaked EVERYTHING to force a release.

• Like Like x 2