The Last of Us: Part II

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Rusty24, Dec 3, 2016.

1. TheLastBlade

TheLastBlade Well-Known Member

I read that they have another writer on board. Does this have anything to do with what’s happening with the game? I dunno. Either Neil has is head stuck up his ass for subverting expectations, or he’s doing for the purpose of making Sony look bad, lol.

2. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

Ebay:
    i've been hearing the writer is a friend of a demon who's name i won't invoke....and that might have something to do with this. that he was was 'let off his leash' when it came to his story details in this one as opposed to the last game.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Eric

Eric Dreadnought of Floof

News Credits:
    Reading through all this, all I can say is yikes.

Last edited: May 31, 2020
  4. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

I can't remember the name, but there was a lady who played a major role in the writing of the first one, and the Uncharted series. Druckman ran her off.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

Amy Hennig. Uncharted 1-3 was all her (And she also did Legacy of Kain back in the day). Druckmann co-wrote the second game with her though. There was a split in the studio as one team worked on Uncharted 3 with Amy Hennig and the other team worked on The Last of Us. As Uncharted 4 progressed in development, Druckmann took complete control and ran off Amy Hennig. I will say that Uncharted 4 was really great and Lost Legacy was also a fun spin-off, but it really pains me to see how poorly Amy Hennig was treated by the industry (she joined Visceral afterward to make a Star Wars game that was canned along with the studio). Uncharted 2 is my favorite video game, and the Soul Reaver series is underrated. I think it’s plain to see that Druckmann moving higher up in the company had a lot of negative breadcrumbs that followed. After he takes over Uncharted 4, his directing partner Bruce Straley up and leaves the company and once the game is released and 11 of 14 of his lead developers do the same in intervals not long after. I think The Last of Us 2 is the first game where he didn’t have anyone to rein in his ideas or his work demands

• Like Like x 3
  6. TheLastBlade

Anything I say regarding the plot would be a spoiler, but all I can say that the last of us franchise (pffft...) will have a hard time getting out of this rut.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Rodimus Prime

Spoilers

• Joel gets killed by the 'roid lady from the trailers.
    • Her name is Abby and she's the daughter of one of the scientists Joel killed to save Ellie in the first game.
    • Ellie goes on a quest for revenge.
    • Halfway through the game you switch to Abby, who killed Joel with a golf club .
    • Ellie is the final boss and you beat her violently.
    • The game ends with Ellie abandoning Dina to get revenge on Abby, with the implication she'll be the big bad of the next game.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TheLastBlade

I heard that
    it's the last game. Yep. It's basically a downer ending with a cliffhanger. Way to end your sequel with killing two characters people play the games for with a replacement scrappy. Supposedly, they're wrapping up the games so that they can move onto their tv series. Not a smart business decision since, you know, they made a successful game ip.

Because of this fiasco, Sony is obviously trying to salvage whatever faith the consumers still have in them and make a definitive release. And that in of itself raises a lot of questions.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
  9. Rodimus Prime

Ellie doesn't die. The confusion is the result of how mercilessly Abby beats her during the final battle. It's very easy to think she'd die from it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Not Blitzwing

Not Blitzwing Nameslapped Seeker

News Credits:
    Spoilers without context:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  11. Rodimus Prime

Someone sent Druckman a video of the spoiler memes with It's a Hard Knock Life playing in the background. He apparently got really pissed.

• Like Like x 5
  12. TheLastBlade

Oh, okay then. Still tho... Plot is dumb for a lot of reasons.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    I can now see why people wouldn’t like this.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku “This is the way.”

Instagram:
    I was gonna avoid spoilers, but when I read the first thing you mentioned, I had to see who the hell that even was. If this is what the game has in store for players, I think I’m gonna pass tbh. I loved the first game so damn much, and it’s probably my favorite story-centric game. (I haven’t really played many of those :oops: ). So if this is how everything ends up, that’s a pretty awful way to “progress” the story, and I don’t want it to ruin my enjoyment of the first game.

• Like Like x 3
  15. franpincho

franpincho Hater = Fan

$60 bucks saved.

Enough of this BS. Back to replaying every single RE game made to date on PS4!

• Like Like x 1
  16. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    I’ll wait for the review. Honestly the first games’ ending was perfect, and I never thought it needed a sequel. I’m still avoiding spoilers though.

17. TheLastBlade

So rumors are basically telling us something we all knew: Naughty Dog peeps really hate Sony and the management in their own studio, and that it was leaked because an employee had enough.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker For the Honor

So honestly I wasn't even that concerned about this because I've been disappointed by Naughty Dog's approach on anything besides Uncharted for a while now, but...Wow...Just, wow.
    First of all, TLOU didn't really need a sequel but I was kinda willing to give it a look, or at least watch a Let's Play or something.

But if it's seriously just becoming a story of endless revenge and humans being bastards without things ever getting better, and the zombie plot is pretty much irrelevant now, it's lost my interest.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Fc203

Fc203 Hasbro shill

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    IMG_20200428_170610.jpg
    I still havent finished the first one, i barely played it but how do you fuck up this badly, naughty dog is the last studio you would expect to fuck up after their making amazing games and sequels to them
    Naughty dog, theres still time to add an ending thats exactly like mario 2, a dream and nothing happened

• Like Like x 3
  20. TheLastBlade

At this point, people will probably accept that. Especially when there's rumors of

no sequel