The last movie you saw and what you would rate it out of 10.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Hand Of Omega, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

Shadow of the Thin Man - 10/10. It never ceases to amaze me just how good these films are. Just like Sherlock Holmes, it's just another story as interesting and good as the last one. Every film I find myself breathlessly waiting for Nick to tell who the real guilty party was. Who did it?! Just get on with it! Quit talking to Asta and just...out with it man! And when the guilty party is revealed, my jaw always drops, because I would have never guessed. An incredible series of films. But what really amazes me, is that they shot this entire film in just two weeks.

2. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yip Man 2 - 8.5 or 9/10. Looks like Hong Kong is still capable of producing a good "martial arts" flick!

3. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's been awhile, hasn't it? Then again I've been out of the loop for a long time.

4. charlhussey

charlhussey New Member

I saw Kick-Ass movie last night and it was awesome movie. Kick-Ass is some kind of twisted fun. Kick-Ass is a movie carefully engineered to appeal to the child in some of us. Kick-Ass falls like a pack of cards because it's meant to be a serious, even realistic film, a departure from masala musicals. I give 7/10.

5. Dran0n

Dran0n junk male

News Credits:
    District 9 - 9.7/10

When Wikus and people were evicting the Prawns is one of the most awesome moments put to film.

6. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    Clash of the Titans - 7/10. Nothing can beat the original.

7. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Young Guns - 7/10

Nate and Hayes- 6.5/10

Nemesis (1993)- 4/10

Cyborg- 3/10

8. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    IM - 10/10

IM2 - 10/10

Both were a lot of fun..

9. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

News Credits:
    Zodiac 7/10. I was of the intent belief that this movie would have a major twist in the end, in that Jake Gyllenhal's character would turn out to be the serial killer. It seemed to fit so well, but when it didn't end up that way was actually disappointed. Then I found out it was based on a true story and well, that idea went out the window. Good flick anyways.

10. Dran0n

Dran0n junk male

News Credits:
    Iron Man 2 - 7/10

Not bad, I liked it, but the first one was superior in every way aside from hotness and War Machine.

11. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Kuphead

News Credits:
    Iron man 2- 4/5

Similar to the first one only it had the same problems as the first one.
    Still, a good movie.

12. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    They Live: 8/10. All I have to say is, "I am here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I am all out of bubblegum."

13. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    ironman 2 9.5/10 great i loved it but they could shown us thor at the end and a bit of cap or hulk.

14. Goldbot

Goldbot Deceptibot-predimal

Iron Man 2 - 10/10

15. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Iron Man 2 - 10/10

Loved the way he used the Captain America shield as a prop. LOL

16. Skywave

Skywave Transformers Noob

The Fourth Kind - 7/10 - Intersting movie. It feeled more like an "exorcist" movie than an alien abduction at time, but still good to watch.

Jennifer's Body - 8/10 - That's the kind of light, mindless and fun movie I like, it was entertaining and thus get the job done :) 

2001: A space Odyssey - X/10 - What the fuck was that? How can I rate that ... thing? Can't call it a movie since it looked more like a bunch of long take with nothing going on, especially the psychedelic stuff at the end, all the end made no sense in fact, after the dude pull the plug on HAL. Seriously there was like 30-45min of "movie" in there, and 100min of other scenes that made little sense to me. Weird shit.

17. Tkemert20

Tkemert20 「私は眠い」

News Credits:
    Re-Watched Iron Man 1: 5/5 Perfect Comic Book Movie!

18. jackets

jackets Gamer/Anime fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    say what and ironman 2 10/10

19. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

The Incredible Hulk - 9.5/10. Solid A, especially when comparing it to Ang Lee's Hulk, which I admit I don't hate, but for me personally, falls into the category of "could have been better". I love how all these Marvel movies are good in their own right, but also act as epic sign posts pointing to Cap and the Avengers. So glad Edward Norton did this, because he is a really good actor and gave the character so much weight.

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - 8/10. B-. The opening of the film is actually my favorite part, as the cast and crew dedicated the film to the memory of the Challenger and its crew. I was too young to experience it, in fact I wasn't even alive, but it is wrenching beyond belief watching footage of the disaster. So great form on the part of the film company and the people involved. As for the film itself, the effects are great. After the film's release, animal rights groups came down on the film makers. Hard. Because they had gotten so close to Humpback Whales for filming. But, in reality, most of the time you saw them up close, they were animatronics, and that just blew the activists (and myself) away because it was so realistic. But while the film honestly looks fantastic, the story itself is just, as Spock would say, "illogical". Just a random story that still makes me scratch my head. Whales? What? Oh, save the whales. Gotcha. However silly the story was though, the humor is so great and it made me LOL the entire film. Star Trek: the Comedy. What an idea.

The Stranger (1946) - 10/10. This is a lesser known Orson Welles film starring himself and Edward G. Robinson. And if you've never seen it - seriously - try and find it. Because it is just phenomenal. Robinson plays an investigator searching for fugitive Nazis in the aftermath of WWII in America. And Welles plays a professor, who may very well be the fugitive Robinson's after, as well as the head orchestrator of the Holocaust. I could not breathe by the time the ending titles ran. Bravo Mister Welles. Bravo.

20. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

post credits