The last movie you saw and what you would rate it out of 10.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Hand Of Omega, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Chris James

Chris James Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you were to watch both film's first halves I would say RotF was definitely better. I think the first half of RotF was really good. Unfortunately after the forest battle that movie goes downhill real fast. DotM was a bit more polished all the way through.

2. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    I haven't even seen AOE. DOTM was so terrible that I refuse to watch any more.

3. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    That is how I am. After DotM I have decided to no longer watch anything after. At least until they do a full on reboot and change the entire cast and look of the bots.

The forest battle is the only thing in RotF that is good and that is one more good scene in RotF than DotM. I did not like a single thing in DotM as the battles were boring, Sentinel Prime going rogue was dumb, predictable, and boring, and Megatron bowing down to Sentinel and then taking orders from a human was insulting.

4. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Edge of Tomorrow - 6/10
    Redline - 6/10
    Wolf Children - 7/10

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    ...? I think you're remembering the movie wrong. Megatron never took orders from any human. He agreed with Carley because she was right and said exactly what you just said.

Also, "it was predictable and dumb" are cheap words. Sentinel was (or would have been were in not for the Amazon thing) the only twist the movies ever did well.

AOE I guess was better. It fixed a lot of the main concerns people had with the original trilogy, but it had it's own problems. The robots had more screen time, dialogue and personality, the designs were more unique and easy to read, Megatron wasn't subserviant to anybody (essentially his pan is a carbon copy of TFA Megs', only acted out quicker and on a larger scale, spoiler alert from a dumb movie that's months old) it had a far more interesting and competant villain who didn't go out in a two second beatdown by power-tripping Prime, it completley ditched the toilet humour, and it actually has plans for an over-archign story.

Sadly it's one of the worst paced movies I've ever seen, ad it's way longer than it needs to be. The movie moves at a respectful pace until everyone ends up in China, then it drags and repeats. The Dinobots were shoe-horned in when clearly the movie had not been written for them. And worse, all the new and interesting Autobots except Prime immediately take a backseat to the Dinobots. Also, the pandering to Chinese audiences hurts it so much. There's literally a random five-or-some minute bike chase that serves zero purpose.

It's a movie sorely in need of editing and a rewritten third act. It's got the best highs, but some of the worst lows.

6. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Monsters 4/10 - Should have called it, 'road trip & monster cameos'. I know he did Godzilla & apparently kept his style of hardly showing the creatures. Pretty boring. Fast forwarded it through parts.

Million Ways to Die in the West 8/10 - Pretty funny. Lot of Family Guy style humor in it. Doc Brown cameo was awesome!

7. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith 7.5/10

8. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    How to train your dragon 2. 9/10

9. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

love, actually 6/10

10. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    The Girl Who Leapt Through Time - 8/10

11. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Big Hero 6 - With all of the disappointing to average animated movies this year, leave it to Disney to give us something that, while predictable, feels fresh and innovative. The movie is just a non-stop roller coaster ride from start to finish as it has a lot of excellent comedy mixed together with a balance of drama and action. There characters are awesome, especially Baymax and Hero, and there is a really kick ass moment that occurs after the villain is first revealed. The animation is excellent and I just loved the mix between San Francisco and Tokyo as it gave the entire city a unique feel to it. Overall, this is a must see movie and make sure you stay through the credits as there is a scene afterwards. I give it an 8/10 stars.

12. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

Interstellar

Movie completely lost me half way through.

Topher Grace/10

13. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Mothra - This was my first time watching it subbed (I usually watched it raw) and it is still a fantastic movie no matter how you watch it. The story is really well done and Zen is an awesome badass of a character. Unfortunately, the development is not the greatest and it seems like everyone is just there to speak on the behalf of the fairies rather than anything else. Nevertheless, the execution is great and the build up to Mothra's appearance is well done. The movie probably could have been about 10 minutes shorter though, but that is just a minor nitpick. Mothra herself (or himself, since the subs call Mothra a he) looks fine in larva form, but her adult form is incredible and is probably my favorite version of her. The miniatures found here are nothing short of spectacular and the effects nicely done. The only time they look bad is when the soldiers are super imposed to look in scale with the miniatures, but then when you think about what had to be done to make that even possible, you can not help but let that slide. Overall, one of Toho's best non-Godzilla movies and Mothra is easily one of my favorite monsters. I give this movie an 8/10 stars.

14. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

that was by far my favorite thing about the movie. because it just looked like japan just upped and bought San Francisco, and put all their stuff all over it. :lol 

15. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Django Unchained 9/10 because what really deserves a 10? If you haven't seen it yet do it now.

16. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Avengers (2012)
    9/10
    Majority of this movie impressed me especially during the final act. Interesting potential was well-used and Loki made for an interesting and consistently great villain. Cool to see Thanos in it also.

17. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Planes: Fire and Rescue - 7/10 - better than the first Planes. My kids liked it so it gets a decent score.

18. EMP Starscream

EMP Starscream Arbiter of TFW2K5

News Credits:
    Awesome movie. :) 
    Spoilers bruh /(sarcasm) :tongue: 

19. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

in bruges 10/10

20. Crockett

Crockett natural bodybuilder

Double Dragon

Arcade game: 10/10