The last movie you saw and what you would rate it out of 10.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Hand Of Omega, Jun 19, 2009.

1. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm watching the Stephen King miniseries The Stand. I've watched the first two parts. in the last one Bill Faggerbaker shows up and well.. Remember the advice in Tropic Thunder about how to play handicapped people? Well he kinda ignores it. He is a giant lumbering idiot who could easily be outsmarted by a child. Overall the series is interesting.

2. Shortwave

Shortwave Autobot fembot

Godzilla 2014
    Over all better than Gino 7 out of 10

3. megatroptimus

megatroptimus A Prime a day keeps the doctor away

News Credits:
    The Expendables 2: 9/10

That was a fun ride.

4. DarkEnergon22

DarkEnergon22 Well-Known Member

The World Is Not Enough - 6/10 - A mediocre outing for James Bond.

5. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

Guardians of the Galaxy

Finally got to see it and wow do I have a hard time thinking if this should be the best 2014 movie or Dawn of the Planet of the Apes or The Lego movie.

This was an excellent movie. The casting was excellent, the writing was excellent, the action was excellent, and the characters were excellent. Loved all the characters and I liked the villains and how better they were than Thor: Dark World which I still think it got the least interesting villains of the whole MCU.

Story was well put together and I liked all build up their having on Thanos and how it related to previous movies and the characters arcs were well put together even without solo origin movies for each of them. Can't decide which one was my most favorite, but I'm slightly leaning toward Groot because he's the one who gave me the most laughs of the entire movie.

9/10

6. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 Filipinooooooooooooo

News Credits:
    Decided to have a Jurassic Park marathon! :) 

Jurassic Park - 10/10

The Lost World: Jurassic Park - 8/10

Jurassic Park III - 6.5/10

7. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

If I Stay

i enjoyed this film. i do not think it is a good as Fault in the Stars, but it is still a really good, enjoyable film. that i felt emotionally invested in. and that is the number one thing i base whether or not i enjoy a film. whether or not i care about the characters, or the story. everything else, in terms of acting, special effects, and ect could be horrible, and i would still love it, as long as i cared about the characters.

however, i do think this movie was well acted.
    but Chloe being a ghost through out the movie, really was a bit confusing. as they didn't use any effects for that. it was just like she was there. but not there, but everyone was ignoring her. *although, again, that could be the point of the movie. i am unsure.*
    that would be my one nitpick about the movie.

other then that, i did really enjoy the film. it is a bit sappy in places. but that just goes with the territory of the film's story.

9 out of 10. i highly recommend it.

8. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Bad Ass II: Bad Asses 6/10

9. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

Godzilla 2014-8.5/10

10. FoC Grimlock

FoC Grimlock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Godzilla 2014 - 5/10 - My rating for this goes down after a third viewing. It's just not a good movie and doesn't stand up to repeat viewings. The movie is easily 30 minutes too long and almost all of that 30 minutes is us watching some nitwit named Ford brooding and looking confused. THere's supposedly monster attacks going on but we don't get to see that because the director is obsessed with Kick Ass's face. Every Godzilla movie before this has featured a military standoff with Godzilla and mr Edwards thinks we don't want to see that so we get a handful of soldiers with rifles and flare guns instead. The military is apparently headed by a single man and he can determine that these creatures need to be nuked even with scientific evidence proving they feed on radiation.

The final fight is pretty good. Godzilla's fatboy design does not look good but there's some clever shots and it's long enough to entertain - but they still cut to Ford's face for extended periods.

11. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Dead in Tombstone 7/10

Macheté 6.5/10

12. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Mrs Doubtfire: 8.5 out of 10.

I always liked this movie for the comedy but as I grow older I realize how much genuine heart is behind the story too.

The relationship between Robin & Sally Field is very realistic; she's not outright mean or cheating on him or something you'd see in most modern films- they're just two people who've grown apart. And they don't magically wind up together in the end too, which is a great touch.

Even the bits with Pierce Brosnan are well written- he's not taking advantage of Sally because she's on the rebound or faking niceness for the kids before he ships them off to boarding school or some shit; he likes them all & they seem to like him too.

Funny the things you realize as you get older.

13. Pride21

Pride21 Honor Wisdom Virtue

Monty Python And Now for Something Completely Different - 8/10

14. Grimlock22

Grimlock22 This is noise

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014) 8/10

15. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Sin City 2 - Nine years ago the first movie came out, and it was not only accurate to the comics, but it was very stylish in its execution. Nevertheless, at the same time, it had a sense of realism about it as the actors looked like they were there in their environments. All four stories were nothing short of fantastic and all of the main players were given great development. A Dame to Kill For has some really great moments of style with it, but it does lack the substance. That does not make it a bad movie at all, but something is missing. For one thing, it looks like the characters are just standing in front of a green screen rather than the environment being there. Not only that, but the movie feels like it is just CGI instead of live action. Thankfully, there is still some great characterization to be found, even if it is lacking compared to the first one. Marv is great, Nancy is fantastic, Ava is awesome, Miho is bad ass, and Johnny rocks. The show is easily stolen by Roark though as Powers Boothe is just down right amazing. In fact, if it weren't for him, the movie would have fallen apart as the rest of the cast is pretty forgettable, especially, and sadly, Dwight. Josh Brolin is just no Dwight. The stories themselves are weaker than those in the first one, with "A Dame to Kill For" being the weakest of the main three, but "Just Another Saturday Night" is a poor intro compared to "The Customer is Always Right" from the first movie. Thankfully, both "Nancy's Last Dance" and "The Long Bad Night" are well done. Overall, Sin City 2 is a good ride, but fails to live up to the first one as most sequels do. Taking nine years did not help either. If you hated the first movie though, there is no reason to waste your time with this one as you will find nothing to praise and will probably complain about the subpar acting. I give this stylish adaptation of a comic a 6/10 stars. If they decide to adapt more stories, they need to do it in the next few years or just forget about it all together.

16. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Kuphead

News Credits:
    Guardians of the Galaxy 9/10

Overhyped, but still a good movie.

17. Pride21

Pride21 Honor Wisdom Virtue

Monty Python's Life of Brian - 8/10

18. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Ms. Doubtfire really was a mature family comedy that averted the cliches very well that most other movies would have taken advantage of.

19. Crockett

Crockett natural bodybuilder

Star Trek 4: the Voyage Home - 7 out of damn 10

20. Crockett

Crockett natural bodybuilder

Star Trek: First Contact - 5/10

The general plot seems kind of silly, now. But there's some good action in there as well. Not a huge fan of ST:TNG crew anyway. Wouldn't call this good or bad.