The last movie you saw and what you would rate it out of 10.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Hand Of Omega, Jun 19, 2009.

1. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

There's....... a second live action movie...?!!

2. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 Filipinooooooooooooo

News Credits:
    In memory of Robin Williams, I've decided to watch these:

Hook - 6.5/10
    RV - 6/10
    Jumanji - 9/10
    The Bird Cage - 8/10
    Mrs. Doubtfire - 7.5/10
    Aladdin - 10/10
    Night At The Museum - 7/10

3. Crockett

Crockett natural bodybuilder

I haven't seen it since I was very small. But I recently got the special edition--if the tape actually works. I plan to watch this next. I wonder what the difference is.

4. megatroptimus

megatroptimus A Prime a day keeps the doctor away

News Credits:
    Rocky Balboa (it was on TV): 9/10... always a favorite
    The Expendables 3: 9/10... loved it

5. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Sin City - To get ready for the new one rewatching this was a no brainer. I absolutely love this movie. The neo noir style is incredible. The stories are interesting and unique. The characters are all great. I think my favorite is The Hard Goodbye, but even that tends to change depending on my mood. There is nothing bad I can say about this movie outside of the fact that we should have had a sequel sooner. Other than that, this is a fantastic movie all around and one of Rodriguez's best and it is also one of the best comic book movies out there. I give this great train ride an 8/10 stars.

6. Primal_Grimlock

Primal_Grimlock Gone because someone had their cat declawed. Grr.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier - 10/10.
    Skinwalkers - 5/10
    The Lost Coast Tapes - 2/10 (and that's for the eye candy.)

7. Darth Maul

Darth Maul Sith Lord

News Credits:
    Disney's Dinosaur- 8.5/10- A really underrated movie. The score is fantastic.

8. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    My advice is as follows: watch 'Tekken: Blood Vengeance" and play the robo-lesbian subtext drinking game with cheap vodka. Problem solved.

9. DemonheadClash

DemonheadClash Well-Known Member

Wet Hot American Summer 8/10

10. doxydejour

doxydejour Impossible Sloth

Captain America: The Winter Soldier - 10/10. Perfect Marvel film. Really shakes up the MCU for Phase 2 whilst still delivering a good story with a good blend of comedy and drama. Plus it introduces Sam Wilson as Falcon, who is ace.

11. Sky Ray

Sky Ray Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah it's a prequel that came out last week. I didn't knew it was made until I saw it on the shelves at Target.

:lol  Ehh I'll pass.

12. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

Guardians of the Galaxy(third viewing) - 10/10

Still just as awesome.

13. grindcore138

grindcore138 Strong children! Childlike fish! Seaconsuuu!!!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    The Inbetweeners 2. 10/10, it just did everything you'd expect from the Inbetweeners and turned it up to 11. I honestly barely stopped laughing throughout the whole thing.
    Also, Will's increasing frustration with the douchebag backpackers shitty attitudes and his inevitable tirade against what a bunch of shallow, hypocritical, and utterly fake people they really are was just fucking perfect and a genuine "it's funny because it's true" moment.
    So yeah, it was funny as hell and a great send off to the whole series.

14. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

Those ratings.....

You ranked Jumanji and the Bird Cage above Hook? And Night at the Museum?

No offense intended, but I'm assuming you were born after 1997.

15. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

Ghostbusters - 10/10

Just a pure classic.

16. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    District 9 - 8/10

17. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10
    The Amazing Spider-Man 2- 9/10
    12 Years A Slave- 10/10
    Her- 10/10

18. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Battle Beyond The Stars ???/10:

If Spaceballs, Star Trek and Star Wars went on a drunken bender and had a very illegitimate love child, born under a dark sign (uh, you get the idea so I'll move on), you'd come up with Battle Beyond The Stars.

Some moments, it took itself seriously, but WAY too seriously.
    Other moments, it was straight up a lampoon of Star Wars. (I mean, one chick's tits were half hanging out the entire time and all she did was talk about sex.)
    It was...a disjointed and odd mess.

Cast:
    Shad: "Johnboy" from The Waltons. (I wish I was kidding.)
    Cowboy: Hannibal from The A-Team. (Again, wish I was kidding.)
    Can't remember name chick: Never seen her before. (I believe she's a TV actress.)
    Can't remember name, boob chick: Heard of her, can't remember her name.
    Can't remember name, killer for hire: (The Man From U.N.C.L.E. guy.)
    And...then there's the villain... If Voltron's Prince Lotor had better hair and was much older, you'd have this guy. (I mean, the first thing you think of when you see this guy is "Wow. Prince Lotor, much?")

Now, before you say "Dude, you could've gone to Wikipedia to get the names, at least!", let me just say no. It's not worth the time to go dig up the names. It really was that bad. It was so bad that it's one of those trainwrecks you can't look away from and it had high ratings on Netflix, so I thought it would just get better as the film went on. Man oh man, was I wrong.

Was I ever. I can't remember the names of the characters outside of the main one and that of his ship's computer, Nell. (Honestly, she had the most memorable lines in the entire film.)

The acting was terrible, and I mean terrible. It wasn't just campy, it was way over the top in some scenes, it was flat and stiff in others, and overall it was just terribly phoned in. Especially Cowboy. At one point he's supposed to be flying his ship and firing in a firefight, George Peppard is actually smoking a cigarette in one hand, trying to hold a glass of scotch in said hand, and basically moving his arms around and pulling a contraption with his left hand.

Harrison Ford as a disgruntled Han Solo could pull that off, George can't. Worst part is, you can clearly see he doesn't WANT to. Same for the killer character. He just has this look on his face like "...are we done? Oh. More of this scene? So, just keep moving the control stick? Okay."

*SMH*

Oh and then we come to the visuals. *facepalms*
    Nell? Her outer hull looks like the female anatomy strapped to the front of a model kit. (Seriously, looks like a Uterus from the front.) On top of that? There are two protrusions on the bottom of the ship that look like breasts. (No, I am NOT joking.)

All of the ships look like model kits sent into George Lucas for approval and he laughed them out of the building.

The sets looked like painted plywood (and it was) and the computers were nothing but flashing lights. Even Lucas tried to make shit shine, you know?

But, possibly the worst part? The score. It was the brainchild of James Horner. At some points, the music was so reminiscent of TWOK. In fact, there were moments when I'd look away for just a sec to grab a drink from my water bottle, that I thought I was watching TWOK. Then, I realize this crapfest was made in 1980, and TWOK was '82, which tells me TWOK's score is a possible ripoff of BBTS's score. (I realize they're not, I'm just trying to convey how alike they are. Kind of disappointing.) FWIW: I love TWOK's score.

And almost done... The "special" effects were downright awful. The laser blast sounds were ripped right from cartoons, including Transformers. The one ship's cannon, I know I've heard it time and again on G1 episodes. The "cloud" that tried to swallow a ship looked like a matte painting gone wrong.

And finally, last but certainly not least... The film just ends. I don't mean that as a "Duh!" kind of thing, I mean it literally just ends. They have this giant space battle (which took forever. People complain the Bayverse flicks? They need to see this. They'll love Bayverse when they're done with this piece of shit.) and people die, people get burned, people live, and then it's Shad and his chick and she mentions how sad she is because of all the people they lost and Shad tells her some religious text from their world that basically says "Because we remember them, they live forever." and then fade to black, roll credits.

Not even joking a little bit. No return home, no cheering crowds, no happy ending, just AN ending. Of some kind. But not really.

Just a clusterf.. Well, just a mess of EPIC proportions. The film didn't know what it wanted to be from one minute to the next, and when it did figure out where it wanted to go, it would end up lampooning Star Trek/Wars and throw the whole film out of whack.

Just a terrible experience, a terrible storyline, and it's not worth your time. Like, at all. It's available for free on Netflix (which is where I saw it) and even then, you want your money back. So, watch it if you absolutely have nothing else to do. I mean, go get a colonoscopy before seeing this.

Shit, it doesn't even deserve 1 star. ???/10, you bet.

19. DarkEnergon22

DarkEnergon22 Well-Known Member

Die Hard 4.0 - 7/10

20. Backpack

Backpack G1 forever.

Not a lover of bad movies I take it?

As a bad movie Battle Beyond the Stars is actually pretty watchable. It's Seven Samurai in space! Plus I use to watch this one all the time on HBO when I was a kid.

I've got this sick urge to subject you to another Sci Fi flim.... Starcrash, just to see your reaction. :D 

Now to add to the thread.

The Car (1977): 6/10 (as a good/bad film)

It's kind of like Jaws, but with a murderous demon car.