The last movie you saw and what you would rate it out of 10.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Hand Of Omega, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Taxi Driver 8/10

Not a bad movie at all, but I really don't understand why it's on so many "best film ever" lists.

2. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Sherlock Holmes: 7/10.

3. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How to train your dragon - pretty fun show! I kinda like the many different dragons seen in the show and it has its moments! I give it 8/10! :) 

4. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

sherlock holmes=10/10 best mystery movie I ever saw!!!!

5. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Grease -- 10/10

My favorite musical of all time, set in one of my favorite time periods... the 1950s.

6. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Astro Boy: 6/10
    I'd rate it higher, but I felt Nicolas Cage was miscast as Dr. Tenma. His voice is just too recognizable, and except for a couple emotional scenes his performance was flat. Every time he opened his mouth, it pulled me out of the film. Furthermore, the political sideplot was distracting, trite and unnecessary, and Donald Sutherland's talents were wasted in a one-dimensional, predictable villain.

Fantastic Mr. Fox: 9/10
    It's a nearly perfect stop-motion film.

Armored: 7/10
    Suspenseful action/thriller that manages to break formula and predictability.

Sherlock Holmes: 7/10
    I'd rate it higher except that it's such a dramatic departure from Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's original characters and fiction. But I think if they'd stayed true to the source material, it might have been too boring for movie audiences.

Terminator: Salvation: 5/10
    Splashy, flashy visuals but lacks the heart (good characterization and storytelling) of the previous films.

Fanboys: 7/10
    But only because I'm a Star Wars fan. Otherwise, the plot is too ridiculous to accept. Even fanboys aren't stupid enough to try breaking into The Ranch. And unless you are a Star Wars fan, there's absolutely no reason to watch this movie.

Sideways: 6/10
    This indie film is described as a "comedy" but the first 30 minutes are dull, dull, dull. If Paul Giamatti and Thomas Haden Church weren't both great actors, I would've given up. But the pace finally picks up and turns out to be a decent road trip movie as a character-driven dramedy.

The Box: 0/10
    Frustrating and difficult to watch. The atmosphere of mystery and suspense is relentless and they keep beating the audience over the head with it. There comes a point where you just don't care and want to stop watching. Someone also needed to tell the cast that no one in Richmond, VA sounds like they're from Savannah, GA.

Beowulf: 6.5/10
    It didn't need to be animated. I believe it would've been much better as a live-action flick. You keep getting distracted by the stiff and marionette-like character animation and that it's not quite realistic-looking enough so it just seems a little off...for the entire film.

The Time Traveler's Wife: 4/10
    and it only gets a 4 due to Rachel McAdams' hotness

Twilight: 4/10
    Gave in and watched this because I wanted to see why my wife liked it so much. I guess you just have to be a fan of the books. It wasn't an *awful* movie (it's a different take on vampire lore so that at least made it interesting), but Kristin Davis' performance is so bland and deadpan it made my eyes bleed. And my wife tells me that's exactly what the character in the book is like. I just don't get why you would make the lead character in a book series so horribly dull. To me, if a lead character is uninteresting, I don't give a crap what happens to them.

7. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    3:10 to Yuma- 8/10

8. koh4711

koh4711 King of Hearts

Ebay:
    How to Train Your Dragon - 9/10
    Full Disclosure: I'm a huge Chris Sanders fan, and an animal behavior student, so the movie really appealed to me on those levels. But I think Dreamworks is doing some great stuff lately.

9. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I rewatched American Gangster on TV last weekend. I t si far by hRidley Scott's best film in recent years

8.5/10

10. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Mama Mia -- 9.5/10

11. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Date Night - 8 of 10. The credits were hilarious...I love the cut dinner conversations!

12. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Clash of the Titans (2010) - 6.5/10. Very stupid and cheesy, but then again so was the original. Was going to give is a 6 but bumped it up a .5 since we had such a good time making fun of and laughing at it.
    With each new release, 3-D is becoming more and more pointless (yeah I know this was never shot in 3D in the first place, just a cash grab). Hoping this fad dies out.

Apocalypto - 10/10. Effin' amazing film, so intense from start to finish. I'd put this right behind "Letters from Iwo Jima" among 2006's best. Mel Gibson probably cost this film a Best Picture nom with that drunken tirade of his, which is a damn shame.

13. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i agree with both statements.

Jennifer's Body: 7.5/10
    it was totally ridiculous, but i had a great time watching it.

14. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Kick-Ass: 9/10 - some deviations from the comic, but hugely enjoyable nonetheless.

15. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    the taking of pelham 123- 7/10

16. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    Walter Matthau was a brilliant actor.

17. MiraiBaby

MiraiBaby Til All Are Gone

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How To Train Your Dragon -- Considering I've seen it 5 times already (and counting) it's a 10.

Positively adorable story and the animation is too cute!

18. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Thank God It's Friday, on TCM. Just awesomely terrible, like Soul Train meets The Love Boat meets Police Academy. 9/10.

19. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Sorry, should said it was the new one with Travolta

20. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

I'm sick again, so I've been watching movies non-stop for the past day and a half.

Ponyo - 9/10. It's Miyazaki. He is amazingly talented with conveying the meaning he's striving for, and as Kathleen Kennedy says in the special features, each frame of film is something you want to frame as art and put on your wall. I wish Spielberg and Jackson had approached Miyazaki on making the Tintin movie instead of doing it motion capture, because Miyazaki's art and Joe Hisaishi's score would just be unparalleled awesomeness.

Godzilla 2000 - 8/10. I think this might just be my favorite in the series, because they view him how I've always thought he should be viewed - as a force of nature. And my favorite scene in the entire film is when they're driving parallel with him as he's marching through a town, which looks like so many videos I've seen of people following tornadoes. Plus, unlike alot of Godzilla movies, the focus is on him almost all of the time, as it should be. I'm sick of watching a "Godzilla movie" only to sit through some cruddy love triangle or watching an inept child and waiting for Big G's cameos.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - 8/10. I love cheesy, 50's B-movies, (The Monster That Challenged The World, War of the Worlds, The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms) which is what Spielberg was going for, so I just love every inch of film. From the American Graffiti beginning to the Harryhausen-esque ending, I'm still enthralled. And I've had a fascination with the 50's because that's the era my parents grew up in, with McCarthy, the Cold War starting up, etc. and that fake town at the beginning is just too funny for words.

Justice League: the New Frontier - 9/10. This is my favorite of the DCAU movies, with JL: Crisis on Two Earths coming in at close second. Again, I love the 40's/50's/early 60's, so I'm glad they adapted Darwyn Cook's work and gave it that timeless feel. I primarily read older silver age comics, so I like what they did on this one.

H.G. Wells' The Time Machine (1960) - 9.5/10. Loved it. A well-put-together piece of cinema. And it was nice seeing Alan Young (Wilbur, Mr. Ed) in a dramatic role, which he pulled off flawlessly. I so enjoyed the feeling of this movie and it's enigmatic quality, which became a big part of Doctor Who a few years later, and the ironic bits and pieces which found their way into Back to the Future later on.