The last movie you saw and what you would rate it out of 10.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Hand Of Omega, Jun 19, 2009.

1. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

I actually felt the same way. I'd have given it a 7-8/10 but that's just me. I'm glad Reeves didn't completely steal the story, and there was still a nominal figurehead samurai in charge of him throughout. The supernatural element to it wasn't too overplayed in my opinion.

2. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Antichrist: 0/10

WTF was that??

3. Gojira Prime

Gojira Prime Narf

Mothra vs. Godzilla (1964) 9/10
    God, I love this movie. Probably my favorite of the series. Fun cast of characters, engaging story, the peak of Showa-era tokusatsu effects, strong themes, great score, and overall, just a blast from start to finish. Is it perfect? No, in the same way that almost no movie is perfect. Is it better than the original? No, the original has a haunting beauty to it that can never be replicated. However, this movie, right here, is what I look for in my kaiju movies. Fucking yes.

4. Primal_Grimlock

Primal_Grimlock Gone because someone had their cat declawed. Grr.

This. It would have got 10/10 from me if it had all been in Japanese.

5. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Godzilla 2014 - 7/10.

As a movie it's ok but not as a kaiju film. I honestly felt bored until 3/4 of the show. The pacing seems slow and there's too little of the big G.

The only human character I felt for was B.Cranstan's character. Other than then, it was pretty meh.

And before anyone thinks I'm a newbie, I've been watching kaiju shows since the 80s. I have to give them credit for at least getting Goji 'right'.

smkspy - I agree, I really liked the 47 Ronin show. It was cool to see some of mythical beasts such as the Kirin-like creature.

6. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

Godzilla 2014 8/10

Kinda slow going, but it's the same pace of the 1954 version. At least they got more right this time....

7. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Freebirds 8/10

8. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Godzilla (2014) - 6.8/10

I went with an open mind, and didn't care what the critics said. Sadly they were right. It's ''MUTO The Movie'' with Godzilla as a side character. Only likeable and interesting character was Bryan Cranston's and... well you know what happened. And I absolutely HATED that they cut off two kaiju fights right after they started. With Cranston's character and that, I think trailers tricked us good. And Ken Watanabe was wasted. He's just there to explain the plot and look startled. I think this is the movie's problem. They wasted good and wanted characters like Cranston, Watanabe and of course Godzilla, and then they made us watch others like Aaron Taylor's character. I didn't care about him one bit.

But I liked how they portrayed Kaiju's like gods. Their movements and presense were so much better than Pacific Rim's. And yeah, 1998 Godzilla was a lot more interesting and fun.

9. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Dark Knight 9.5/10

10. HordakFan

HordakFan Banned

Did you too thought it was better than Emmerich's attempt?

Would you compare Antichrist to a David Lynch film?

11. agentSAP2006

agentSAP2006 Avatar by Sprite

News Credits:
    Godzilla 2014: 10/10

12. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i honestly think the only problem with Emmerich's attempt, was calling it godzilla.

if they just called it Zilla, it would of been a much better movie. as a godzilla movie is awful. but as a zilla, it is fun.

13. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

The Croods- 8/10
    I liked it, but it wasn't as great as I hoped it would be since it is from the same director of How To Train Your Dragon and Lilo and Stitch. I liked pretty much everything in this movie, but I wouldn't say anything is particularly memorable. I thought the comedy worked fairly well, and the animation was fantastic. The way everything moved was filmed really well. The voice acting was great as well especially Emma Stone and Nicholas Cage. Emma Stone is my favorite actress, so I pretty much knew I would probably like her, plus her character was pretty attractive. Nicholas Cage does well, and I personally wasn't thinking to myself that I was watching a character voiced by Nicholas Cage even though he didn't change his voice. He didn't go overboard with his Cage-isms and he actually played a character. I did like the idea of the cavemen learning to survive through accepting new ideas.

14. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Godzilla 10/10

15. Crockett

Crockett natural bodybuilder

Young Guns -- 8.5/10

Saw it in the theater so long ago.

Pretty decent movie. I have the 2nd one, I will view it soon.

16. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Fast & Furious 6: 8/10

Not as good as Fast 5 but it's crazy how these movies started off pretty shitty and somehow have turned into probably the best pure action franchise we have now.

17. DarkEnergon22

DarkEnergon22 Well-Known Member

47 Ronin - 7/10 - This movie is reasonable, I suppose. I am generous with my rating because some of the set design is really nice.

But it's a classic example of a movie that doesn't know what it wants to be. It's not fun enough to be a great fantasy action movie, and in turn the fantasy aspect detracts from the serious story they want to tell.

18. Harleytron

Harleytron Decepticon

The Amazing Spiderman 2 - 7.5/10

better than the first amazing spiderman, but still not quite as good as the first 2 toby maquire movies. but my stance is pretty much the same overall, some things the new movies do better, and some things the old ones do.

19. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Spider-Man - 8/10 - I really don't like the Green Goblin's suit (Power Rangers) but other than that the movie holds up pretty well. I feel like the tone is really inspired by the classic Spider-Man comics, which is a bit different than what we are getting with most comic book movies now, but it still works.

20. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Back in the Day 5/10 It had its funny moments but just seem to never hit the mark for me...

Attached Files: