The last movie you saw and what you would rate it out of 10.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Hand Of Omega, Jun 19, 2009.

1. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

The Desolation of Smaug 7/10.

Much better than the previous film. I actually watched the whole thing without dozing off. Still, I rather wish these films had been released first instead of LoTR trilogy for the simple fact that there is no real sense of drama when comes to the LoTR characters. But besides that, it was fun to see badass elf and ogre fights again. Smaug was decent, but Khan was overrated.

2. Falconhood

Falconhood Harbinger of Apokalypse

Godzilla.
    9/10
    I almost cried.
    Needs less humans, more monsters.

3. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    The Lego Movie - 9/10

I honestly have to knock a point off this movie because I get the feeling the grown ups enjoyed it more than the kids did, which for this kind of movie feels like some kind of deadly sin.

Other than that, fucking hilarious!

4. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah but that's not what I want either.

As much as people want to paint me as some drooling ****** that needs explosions ever 2 seconds because I was bored senseless thanks to generic-FPS hero with a magic rabbits foot and his even more generic wife I don't need non stop action to keep me entertained.

I want the better movie that's underneath this one. I wanted more of Watanabe, I wanted more of Cranston, I wanted to know about Godzilla as a character why is he helping humanity?

Really all it should've done is give us at least one more proper monster brawl it doesn't HAVE to be long, like make it short, make it last 30 seconds for all I care but at least SHOW IT. That's the shit thing if you're hyping up the monster then do it hype the fucker up until he appears, but when he appear DELIVER ON THE HYPE! That's how build up and pay-off works! We SAW Godzilla, we SAW the MUTOS it's not a bloody mystery anymore no need for the cockteasing anymore.

That's why say Jurassic Park works while this doesn't. When you see the Dinosaurs you always SEE them do cool shit for a brief moment making you want more and more until the final T-rex FUCK YEAH moment!

With Godzilla you never see him do anything cool until the end battle. It's always "he appear, roars, put's on this "it's on now!" face aaaaaaand nope nothing" so by the end I didn't even care if he's going to fight the Cloverfield monter or not I was to tired of the constant bait and switch that instead of thinking "FUCK YES GODZILLA!" I was thinking "oh they are finally battling now? I wonder when they're going to cut it again...."

I get that movie trailers lie to get you into seats, but there's lying to your audience and then there's LYING to your audience. If you need to mislead this much to get people in the seats you're doing something very fucking wrong.

The whole movie felt like playing Metal Gear Solid 2 again. And fuck MGS2.

5. calvin0

calvin0 Well-Known Member

Google+:
    Godzilla 9.9/10

Now that is how you make a godzilla movie. yeah, yeah there is some problem with the story, i mean which movie doesnt? now let see if hollywood are going to get this guy to made a sequel rather then paying bay to make crapformer 5

6. HordakFan

HordakFan Banned

You mean Final Wars is MST3K fodder?

7. DarkEnergon22

DarkEnergon22 Well-Known Member

I already put forward my thoughts. I don't think the movie is lacking as much action as some people claim. In fact i'm sure Godzilla appears in this movie earlier and more often than say, the T-rex does in Jurassic Park. And then you have all the screen time with the Muto's in addition to that.

8. samurai drift

samurai drift Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Godzilla 9/10

I wish more Godzilla than humans but then again the original didn't have godzilla that much
    I love the theme muisc for Godzilla too very addicted it it lol , Thank you Edwards for giving us the Godzilla we waited for

9. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

Action wasn't the problem, it was the constant teasing and the absolutely mundane human plot that went with it.

Godzilla shows up, sure, but like I said, most of his screentime is just him swimming with his fins sticking out of the water. Whenever the T-Rex appears, everyone stopped everything they were doing. It caused everyone else to react. Everything about it, including the reveal, was just executed better. There is actual suspense in the HALO jump, but the trailer already showed that and by that point in the movie we already know everything there is to know about these creatures, so in the actual movie it was less effective than it was in the trailers, where I didn't even know what movie it belonged to.

I will say the Mutos get plenty of screen time, and this isn't a fault of the movie (well, maybe it is), but I came to watch Godzilla. The trailer I saw had no indication of other monsters and watching the movie, I just thought Cloverfield monster. I liked the mating angle, that's a classic "it's pregnant!" cliche, but I was never drawn to them even during the movie.

10. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I have avoided nearly as many trailers as I could, but I never saw them at all lie about the movie. I also don't get your MGS2 reference as there were no AIs controlling anyone here. Nevertheless, I would rather have a movie trailer be completely different from the direction I expected the movie to go in than it being an abridged version of the movie like Transcendence was and from what Lucy/X-Men/TMNT/Expendables/Maleficent/ETC look like.

All of the heroes in Godzilla movies have magic rabbit foots. That is nothing different there.

As for the rest, Godzilla is being treated like he was in the original movie and GMK, a force of a nature. The only difference is that he may not have been created by nuclear bombs, but the movie still kept the anti-nuclear message that the original movie was portraying. That is what to me makes a Godzilla movie great. He was not helping humanity, he was just there to wipe out the MUTO, nothing more, nothing less. He didn't give two craps about humanity.

I don't know what to tell you other than Godzilla might not be your thing at all then. I mean, I say definitely check out the original, Mothra vs Godzilla (64), Godzilla vs Biollante (89), and GMK (2001) since those are what I consider to be the best in the series.

Actually, it did. You see the MUTO's for quick moments. However, like I just said above, I am glad to finally have a movie this year that hasn't shown me the entire movie in the freaking trailer.

11. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Godzilla...yet again 9/10

I enjoy even more with every viewing

12. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

Godzilla 9/10.
    i really liked it. gonna see it again this weekend with my siblings. my youngest sis will cry from the human story and my other sister will go for the same reason i went; GIANT MONSTER BATTLE!!!

13. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Saw Godzilla again. Still 8/10.

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Godzilla - 10/10

This movie is haunting, chilling and even downright frightening. Bryan Cranston delivers one hell of a performance. It's not only a serviceable American Godzilla adaptation....It's a damn good one even with flaws and all.

15. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

I'm thinking about seeing it, but when I read that Godzilla doesn't show up until like an hour into the movie I'm having second thoughts.

I could care less about character development. It's a frickin' Godzilla movie. I want to see him destroying shit.

16. Harleytron

Harleytron Decepticon

The black water vampire

7/10

alot of people would probably rate this really low, but im a bit of a fiend when it comes to these found footage movies so im quite forgiving.

17. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

Godzilla (2014) 8/10
    It wasn't the best, but it wasn't bad. Worth a watch if you're a Godzilla fan.

18. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

47 Ronin. 9/10.

Yeah Neo was in it. Yeah, they made supernaturaled it up a bit. But god damn, that was one fine movie.

19. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

The Dark Knight - 10/10

Heath Ledger's performance is still one of the greatest I've ever seen.

Iron Man 2 - 9/10

It's not nearly as bad as a lot of people say it is.

20. DarkEnergon22

DarkEnergon22 Well-Known Member

I thought this movie was OK.

There are problems with it, mainly the flatness of the action scenes.

But i'm an easy sell for a samurai movie, so a live action fantasy driven samurai film was nice to see.