The last movie you saw and what you would rate it out of 10.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Hand Of Omega, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    But if his opinion was that it was good, it doesn't matter what you say, and dismissing it in such a pompous way is what causes a lot of dislike towards you in the movie section.

Her: 10/10

Absolutely love this movie. Perfect cast, perfect story, just all around perfection. Right up there with American Hustle as my favorite movies from last year.

2. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Ugh... Her is not a movie I can even... yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah... I should just stop there.

3. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    And this is precisely why you ruin discussions on here. You can't see past your own fuckin' self. No one's a liar and you have no right to call them that. Don't tell people how they can or cannot enjoy something. They can give their honest opinion and if that honest opinion says a film is good, so be it. Disagree with it, but don't say bullshit like this crap ass post of your's.

You are so offensive. It's disgusting.

4. DarkEnergon22

DarkEnergon22 Well-Known Member

Godzilla (2014) - 10/10 - I went back for a second viewing, this time in 3D, the 3D is not really worth it, which is odd because I thought the 3D in Pacific Rim was actually really good, and considering this is another giant monster movie by Legendary I expected similar results.

But more importantly, for the movie itself, I enjoyed it even more the second time, and i'm currently really impressed with the Muto monsters, who have all the characteristics of being classic Toho creations.

5. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

Maria d'Oro und Bello Blue; or the American title: "Once Upon a Time"

this movie is made up of a series of "biglipped alligator moments." this has to be the most messed up, confusing, and wtf worthy movie i have ever seen. and i've seen yellow submarine.

so there is a guy named Mr. Bottle, who is described as "the only thing he loves more then his daughter, is his brandy." who marries a random street fortune teller. then for awhile it became Cinderella, where it became about the fortune teller and her daughter spending his money, and enslaving his daughter.

there is a subplot of a shoe maker trying to marry the fortune teller's daughter.

Mr. Bottle's daughter meets the prince randomly in the woods. who is a complete perv. since he was watching her bath her sister. *completely naked.* but that's okay? because he's prince charming!

prince asks to marry the daughter, who rejects him. but she is given a neckless randomly from the prince.

then there is the king who quits being king, because his son is bored. so the son becomes king. Then declares he will marry the girl who he gave the neckless too.

but the neckless has been lost down a well. and both daughters go after it.

where it really gets into the WTF territory. i am pretty sure they were in Hell. there was a talking tree, military jumping kangaroos, cows, and naked babies.

i have zero idea of what the hell i just watched.

this movie is made up of entirely "big lipped alligator moments" seriously.

oh and on the dvd, there was this weird short about a dog and 2 foxes, that looked like the warner brothers, if dot was a boy. who are randomly fighting, then kicked out of their homes i guess? by a pig and his family. who at the end, after they get their revenge, end up as livestock. our heroes everyone! :lol 

i have no idea what the hell i just watched. but this is a movie that has to be seen to believe.

do i recommend it? hell yes!

i do not even know how to score it though. so ? out of 10.

because i have no idea what the hell happened in it.

6. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm not being offensive. I am just stating my opinion. And also I am being sarcastic. Stop taking my posts so fucking seriously all of the god damned time.

However, fine, I'm sorry. It was not my intention to to offend people. I will try to be better at how I word my posts.

7. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Godzilla (2014) - 5/10

I was promised Godzilla battling other monsters with Walter White and Ken Watanabe trying to make sense of it all. I got a 90's disaster movie about a military white guy trying to save his precious nuclear family from the Cloverfield monsters that's so bad it would make Roland Emmerich embarased....featuring Godzilla and Heisenberg in the background for 3 minutes.

Haven't seen movie trailers lie this hard to me in forever.

The 5 points I gave it, it gets ONLY because of the last maybe 10 minutes.

I don't recommend this movie. Rent it, watch the climax and be done with it. I wish someone told me to do the same.

8. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Godzilla: 8/10

Good start, slow build, hardcore climax. Godzilla and the Mutos are absolutely amazing.

9. HordakFan

HordakFan Banned

The Karate Kid (1984) on blu-ray: 10/10 Just an awesome movie no doubt.

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas on Criterion blu-ray: 8/10 funny and entertaining dark comedy drama from Terry Gilliam as Johnny Depp and Benico Del Toro were perfect casting for the characters portayed in the book and this has a nice cast too, it's trippy and funny.

10. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Godzilla vs King Ghidorah - It was so nice watching this movie subtitled for the first time. There is a little translation error in the subs though as when they are looking at the dying Godzillasaurus to the Bering Sea Mazaki says it is hard to imagine that this was the same creature to attack 10 years later, but the subtitles say 15 years. I guess they thought the line when he said "ju go" was supposed to be 15 instead of number 10. ARGH!! While I gave the movie a 7/10 last time I saw it, I might have to bump the score up to an 8 since there are a few things that work better now that can understand everything completely. :) 

11. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Just curious, how big of a Godzilla fan are you? I'm trying to figure out if a lot of these complaints are coming from people that know and love Godzilla or not. So far, three people I've asked that did not care for the movie said they are not really Godzilla fans and only watched a few of the movies.

12. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Pain & Gain 9/10

13. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

Godzilla

Fuck this movie. He shows up for a total of maybe 5 minutes. Maybe 15 if you count him just swimming as screentime while we get gracious shots of his back. I haven't been this angry at a movie in a long time. All the actors just make one expression the whole film. Nothing they do is important at all. I almost fell asleep half way through. Make the movie 5 minutes long. Don't pretend like it has 2 hours of content and make me sit through it. I'll gladly pay the ticket price for the 5 minutes. I hate almost everything about this movie. The trailers were so perfect.

Just... God damn it.

14. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Honestly I've never been a Godzilla movie fan. I like Godzilla as a concept, I like the idea behind him and his enemies but I could NEVER watch a Godzilla movie from beginning to the end without the fast forward button because all of the movies, except for the first one, suffer from the same annoying human problem. That is that the human story is insanely dull, boring and uninteresting to watch in between the monster brawls.

I was hoping that a 200 million dollar 2014 Hollywood movie will NOT make the mistakes of cheap 60's Japanese monster movies and certainly not rehash the bloody "lost wife in danger" 80/90 disaster movie bullshit that was old even when it was new.

That is also why I was so hyped for this movie. For the first time I was INTERESTED into the human story, and tough that the human story in between the battles is going to be good because the movie was advertised as a Bryan Cranston as a conspiracy theorist and an unhinged father figure in the middle of an apocalypse caused by the re-awakening of Godzilla as this ancient messenger of doom with a mysterious other monster on loose as well.

I wanted to see THAT movie! I wanted to see Godzilla represented as this force of nature, I wanted to know more about Godzilla, I wanted to actually see Godzilla battle the MUTOs more than one time, I wanted to follow Bryan Cranston trying to unravel the mystery, I wanted to see more of Ken Watanabe's character.

And watching the beginning of the movie I was so hyped as it was all I expected out of it....but then the movie continued....oh god the agony.

Cranston is BARELY in the movie, and Aaron Taylor-Johnson is easily the worst main solider character I've seen in a movie since the guys in Battle LA, and Watanabe with his Godzilla-sense is basically a running joke of the movie.

And the cock teases are fucking AWFUL. Ok the first time it's done it's cute but they kept pulling that shit over and over and over again. What's the point of hyping the battle up, having Godzilla roar and make you go "FUCK YES IT'S ON NOW MOTHERFU.....wait we're not seeing it? Fucking why?!" for 90% of the fucking movie only to finally get it and it's over before it can even properly begin.

At least the old movies gave you a proper fucking battle once in a while instead of the "ha ha fooled you!" shit.

And don't give me the "less is more bullshit" because it's bullshit. In JAWS or Jurassic Park the stuff when you don't see the Shark and the Dinosaurs is still fun with fun character if they were as awful and as dull as the Godzilla characters were you bet your ass I'd still go "ok where is the fucking Shark already?" Not to mention that when there's a payoff THERE'S A FUCKING PAY-OFF!

Imagine if after the Avengers get together in that circle formation you cut away to the military and the police talking about how they are going to fight the aliens. Or if in Jurassic Park the T-rex finally appears, roars and the you cut away to something else entirely without the chase scene or him eating the guy on the toilet. That's what this movie was.

It was all boring build-up with zero pay-off, and the final battle doesn't really count because by the time we actually got the fucking battle I was so tired and bored of the constant cut-aways that I couldn't give a shit about it and was actively expecting for it to cut-away again.

I did not get what I was promised from the trailers and the advertisement and I felt like I was tricked and robbed of 10$ after watching the film.

15. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

They ran the Godzilla roar into fucking ground. Godzilla steps down, pan up his body to his head, roar, cut to people. That shit was damn annoying.

And totally agreed with Jurassic Park. Jurassic Park's T-Rex build up, reveal, and payoff was excellent.

16. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

Godzilla (1998) 6/10
    Watched this with my kid brother this morning before work. It has not aged well.
    My 15-year-old VHS copy of Godzilla '98 which I received on my eighth birthday was retired after one final rewind.

17. DarkEnergon22

lol the people that hated Godzilla 2014 are running around in circles making ridiculous claims as to why it was bad. It just seems obvious they don't understand cinema when they say things like less is more is BS. It's clear all they want is action and explosions and have no sense of build up and suspense.

It's also ridiculous because there actually is plenty of time for the all monsters in this movie.

18. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Terrible white-knight attempt, bro. If you're gonna come at the haterz, ya gots to do better than that.

19. DarkEnergon22

It's definitely ridiculous to claim the movie doesn't have enough time for the monsters though. After the first Muto shows up, which isn't even that long into the movie really, there is plenty of onscreen time for at least one of the three monsters.

It's kinda weird how such a big and overblown movie is considered to be restrained anyway. Maybe that's a symptom of the current movie climate.

20. Transquito

Transquito Reach For The Light

Marvel's The Avengers - 8/10
    Full Metal Jacket - 6/10
    Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie - 3/10