The last movie you saw and what you would rate it out of 10.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Hand Of Omega, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    After seeing, Captain America: the Winter Soldier when it first came out, I figured that it was going to be the best movie of the year. After all, how could any of the films this summer top it? Amazing Spider-man 2 while fun, seemed to back up my thoughts for this year's batch of summer films.

Boy am I happy to have been proven wrong. Godzilla is an awesome movie no matter if you're a Kaiju fan or not. Great pacing, a simple yet well structured script and great direction have made this film a movie worth seeing again.

Two "10's" for me this year so far. Dare I hope that there will be yet another before the fall?

2. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Godzilla - 9/10

The king walks among us once again. It's also been a long time since I've seen a film that understands the importance of build up and suspense - this film gets it; and it makes the reveal all the sweeter.

It had to kind of laugh at the end though; it was well done and all that, but as soon as the Big G started to stir; I was reminded of someone waking up after a heavy night of drinking as he ambles his way out with the final roar being "I am never drinking that much, ever again"

3. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Okay, how am I a movie snob? Because I don't think the Bayformer movies are any good? Or is it because I think A Clockwork Orange and The Shawshank Redemption are two of the greatest movies ever made?

And you must not have ever watched the original Godzilla at all if you even think it is all about a man in a rubber suit.

4. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

In my theater I saw the X Men trailer, but no Transformers

To me, I have some attachment to it since it lead me to discover the original Godzilla movies (Yes people, it was my first Godzilla movie in my life) and I still think it's a decent kaiju movie

5. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    It also gave rise to a rather excellent cartoon series, so it was cut some slack for that.

6. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    You're a movie snob not because of what you like but because you come off pompous when discussing it.

7. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    It's because you don't agree with him. :wink: 

8. Haloid1177

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    That actually has nothing to do with it this time, nice try.

9. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    Nice try? Try at what??

10. Haloid1177

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Everyone always dismisses someone's problem in movie threads by saying that it's just because they have a different opinion. So nice try at attempting to have that be the excuse when in fact it's Kain's post history in this thread that supports his issues.

ANYWAY...

BTAS Mask of the Phantasm: 10/10

Still best Batman by a mile.

11. Primal1987

Primal1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Godzilla (2014) - 9/10

12. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

as a godzilla movie, i think it is a horrible movie. but as a knock off godzilla movie, it is fun. even if it suffers from all the same tropes of that director. but, it's more of a knock off then a godzilla movie.

other then Pain and Gain, i don't think i have ever liked a Bay movie, legitimately. the ones i do like, are because they are really stupid. or in the case of even the transformers' movies, because i just have fun watching them in the theaters. even if they are really shitty movies. in fact, they are not really movies, they're more like those movie rides at disneyland, except you stay still.

i need to watch that movie again myself. although, i'd argue best batman movie by twelve miles. but that's just me. that scene with batman putting his mask on the first time, still chills me. it's one of my favorite moments in cinema, period.

13. calvin0

calvin0 Well-Known Member

Google+:
    The Amazing Spiderman 2, 7/10

overall a pretty good movie, the main villain, electro was awesome, but the green goblin was abit forced (he appeared and then got defeated right away, but the actor got potential, maybe he'll become the joker in the future) and rhino is a freaking lie >.>

14. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    I have nostalgia for the '98 movie myself.

I don't think I rated Cap 2, so I'll rate it here: 10/10. I only wish we'd gotten more Falcon. Didn't really care for Sharon, I'm too busy shipping Steve and Natasha. Yeah, go ahead, laugh, I admit, I ship characters sometimes.

15. Dolza_Khyron

i think so did the director. :lol 

that or the actors.

16. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

Godzilla - 10/10

<3

17. Dolza_Khyron

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

there is no Batman movie better then this one. 10 out of 10

18. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I'm sorry, I must have missed the memo where my posts are no longer my opinion.

BTW, My Alamo Drafthouse is showing Mask of the Phantasm next month, so we are going to try to go see it. I just don't get why the movie has yet to be brought to BD.

19. Haloid1177

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Dude, you don't let others have their opinions. That's the problem.

Pretty jealous, not gonna lie. I wish all of BTAS would come to Blu-Ray. I'd rebuy everything.

20. HordakFan

HordakFan Banned

Kain is not just a snob but also a serious anime freak too and one of the worst anime freaks around probably a weeboo but sure i like anime but not a hardcore anime fan, i bet he truly likes naughty tentacle ones and i dunno why he hates Wicked City, i love that one. What does he think of hentai? does that give anime a bad name even in the 90s when Overfiend and it's ilk came to the US and the media thought anime fans are all freaks because of it and think all anime is hentai.

I didn't think Godzilla 1998 was that bad, sure it was bad as a Godzilla movie but fun as a standalone monster film no doubt as i saw it 2 times in theaters. I thought the effects were good in it's time in that movie and i like the Siskel and Ebert in joke as i got it that Emmerich and Devlin weren't pleased that the 2 critics panned Universal Soldier, Stargate and ID4.

Godzilla (2014): 9/10 one of the first great sci-fi movies of the year and one of the better blockbusters to hit this year! yes Godzilla fans who were dissatisfied with the last effort can be pleased with this new one as it sticks to the roots of the character all the way. Good acting, nice action, fantastic effects by WETA and a pure sense of fun.