The last movie you saw and what you would rate it out of 10.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Hand Of Omega, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

birdemic, wow what a horrible movie, it doesn't even deserve a rating, it'd make all the other movies look worse :lol 

the birds were animated via game spirits, i swear! :lol 

and would just randomly explode!

worst movie ever, would imply that it was a movie! :lol 

2. Mr knightmare

Mr knightmare Banned

News Credits:
    World Invasion Battle Los Angeles - 1/10 - One of the worst pieces of sh*t I've ever seen. Chanses are that it's be the worst film I'll see this year!

In fact this wasn't a movies, it was a two hour comercial for the mariness. The shooting and action was fun for the first half hours but it...never....fucking.....stoped! I went out form the thearter half deaf form the noise and with a headache.

3. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    UA's (Uncanny Antman) fanedit of Transformers. A solid 8/10.

A friend of mine had this on DVD and gave me the chance to watch it, and I was blown away.

The original film is 143 minutes, or something like that, and this cut is 96 minutes!

Somehow, he kept in and covered all of the plot points, from Sam and Mikaela, to the hacker subplot, to the Autobots arriving on Earth, without the excess filler waste, and he didn't let the film dwell on each plot. The action and story were very fast paced and tightly knit. No dragginess here.

Did prove to me just how badly these movies are filled with filler to pad the runtimes, and how badly they aren't needed to make a film work. I couldn't stand the original film, it doesn't hold up to repeat viewings, and I love this version of the film. It's not only watchable, it's actually enjoyable.

The cuts are so seamless, you'd never know it was a fanedit. The guy's that good.

My only problems with his cut of it are as follows:

1.) Sam's backstory is trimmed down too much. He's not perceived as a loser this time, which is fine, but we don't know what his motivation is until he's given a purpose later on in the film.

2.) Ironhide's introduction is completely removed. Along with the tooth fairy part. You don't know who he is until Prime yells at him for wanting to slaughter Sam's parents.

3.) Too much of the humor is cut out. To a certain extent, even the silly comedy is needed in small doses to help lighten the mood.

4.) Frenzy and his demise are next to nonexistent. He's trimmed down immensely, and last you see of him is a disembodied head.

5.) Ending. No voiceover, just Prime watching the sunset over the horizon. Kinda need the voiceover to make the scene really work.

But, don't let my negatives sway you, because the majority of the film is excellent and makes up for these problems. Amazing work, truly enjoyable.

4. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

There are several decent fanedits of that movie out (including one of my own), and you pretty much hit on my negatives of that particular edit. UA is very skilled though and I borrowed a few ideas from him for the second version of my edit.

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Galaxy Quest - 9/10

Great Star Trek parody.

6. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'd have gotten rid of the whole "Sam's Happy Time" thing. Why he kept that is beyond me.

Where would i find your fan edit?

7. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    - Futurama: Bender's Big Score - 7/10 - Not bad and some funny bits, but it dragged a little and the songs were annoying. The plot also meandered a litt...IT WAS GREAT, ESPECIALLY EVERYONE LOVES HYPNOTOAD. ALL GLORY TO HYPNOTOAD!

8. Bort826TFWorld

Bort826TFWorld OOGA CHAKA

News Credits:
    Sucker Punch-3/10

Mmmm... 2 hours of characters I don't give a crap about doing things I don't give a crap about.

I should have gotten a shirt that said "I Fell Asleep During An IMAX Film"

9. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Hobo With a Shotgun 7/10 - Succeeded were Tarantino and Rodriguez failed with Grindhouse.

10. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    Clash Of The Titans (2010): 7/10

Not a bad film, not a great one. Oddly enough, I'd be interested in the rumored sequel, but this is not one of those classic keepers, like the original is.

Special effects, especially the Kraken and Medusa, were amazing.

Story...seemed rushed and didn't really give Perseus enough time to become the hero, it's just automatically shoved down our throats. By the end, you've enjoyed the romp, but it's not the most memorable.

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Youth in Revolt- 7/10

It was good but i think Cera became from a timid coward to a total douche but i still like Cera over someone like Shia LaBoeuf.

Also it's awesome for having Fred Willard, Steve Buschemi and Ray Liotta.

12. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Morning Glory - 8/10. Out of all the 'chick flick' films I've watched with my wife, this was certainly one of the best. To my surprise it was genuinely funny with great performances from Harrison Ford and Rachel McAdams. Wouldn't mind watching it again!

13. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Paul
    8/10. Very funny, and I loved all the sci fi references, but it got a little predicable 3/4th of the way though.

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
    4/10. I wasn't expecting anything great, like most video game movies. I had to give it a low score because of the ending. My biggest pet peeve when it comes to time travel stories is where they go back to the beginning and stop the whole thing from ever happening without a paradox happening.

14. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

I feel the same exact way. They could have at least tried to get Madsen back as Kilowog. The new guy sounds way too young.

15. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How to Train Your Dragon - 9 out of 10

When I saw the trailer for this movie a pretty while back I wasn't too convinced, so I never really bothered to watch it...was way, way better than I expected. Loved everything about it!

Also, didn't spot a single 'Dreamworks face'!

16. Pride21

Pride21 Honor Wisdom Virtue

Batman: Mask Of The Phantasm ~ 9/10

This movie reminded me of how much I liked the older cartoons. It was pretty dark and gritty. Not very long but, it did not feel that way when watching.

17. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Zombieland: 10/10

Still my favorite zombie movie.

18. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    Sucker Punch - 8/10.

19. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Rango - 9/10

Excellent movie with some genuine laugh-out-loud moments for me. It was very smart, without being pretentious and relied more on clever story-telling and lovable characters like Pixar movies than on fart jokes and pop song references. The animation is also downright gorgeous, which is no surprise when I saw ILM's name in the credits. All round, I'd say this is already a contender for best Animated movie this year.

20. chaddi_90

chaddi_90 Prime

News Credits:
    Green Hornet 7/10

Okay Movie, found the kato-vision a bit wierd.