The last movie you saw and what you would rate it out of 10.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Hand Of Omega, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I Googled the summary of the movie.

Holy. Shit.

I don't want to see it.

2. 100% Mackem

100% Mackem Banned

Mulholand Drive - A very strange Movie by David Lynch, I'm a big fan of Lynch (Twin Peaks,Dune) I give Mulholand Drive 10/10....

3. 100% Mackem

100% Mackem Banned

It sounds very strange. I'm trying very hard to not buy it........

4. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:

For the love of bob do not pay money for a permanent copy of this movie. Unless there is something wrong with you or you have some professional interest you will probably not want to watch this film more than once.

5. 100% Mackem

100% Mackem Banned

lol - Nope nothing is wrong with me and I have no Professional Interest I just like strange Movies. I always buy DVD's as well, I never rent movies or Download plus I know a few guys who would probably watch it.

I have a few strange movies like Mum & Dad, Mulholland Drive, Skined Deep etc.

6. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    Miller's Crossing 10/10

I recently watched the Coen brother's True Grit and was spurred to re-watch the first film I ever saw created by those two, 1990's Miller's Crossing. I rarely ever give out a perfect score, but this is one of my favorite films and too often overlooked when discussions turn to great crime films. The Coen brothers are the best at their craft working today. Look into you heart and see this film.

EDIT: The opening scene from the film:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  7. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    Would you like a description of a single scene? I can present it in such a way that no element of the plot is ruined, but of course the shock value of not knowing what is going to happen will be lost for this specific "shock" visual. Might help you decide on your purchase.

I would of course PM you this description as it would violate the TOS of the boards. :) 

8. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

I guess I should have phrased that better. I get what happened, it just seemed the movie itself wasn't sure what it was going for. And again, it just didnt flow. Glad you enjoyed it though, but I can't just go for mindless action and effects with a basic idea thrown in, of course thats why I did like any of the TF live action movies either.

9. Gojira Prime

Gojira Prime Narf

Mississippi Burning 9/10
    Really great film. Absolutely LOVED Gene Hackman. There's obviously a lot more to get into with this film, but politics make the mods cry, so I won't get into it.

Spirited Away 9/10
    What kept this from being a ten for me was that I had to watch the dubbed version.

10. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

Inspector Gadget (1999) 2/10

would have been better without the car.

11. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    The Deaths Of Ian Stone 8.5/10

12. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

Dude, some people have trouble figuring out the plot to ROTF, of course there's going to be some that have trouble with Inception.

13. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Free Willy (1993) 8/10

Brings back good old memories.

14. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

Starship Troopers - 2/10. Not even the co-ed shower scene could save this travesty. Yuck. I loved the Roughnecks show that used to come on, but this movie reeks.

Flash Gordon (1980) - 9/10. Ah, two of my favorite things rolled into one: comic book movies and Queen. FLASH! AHHHH! :rock 

15. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Wut? That movie's amazing!!

Inception: 10/10

16. Dran0n

Dran0n junk male

News Credits:
    SeaRex - 6/10 - Some little documentary about giant prehistoric undersea life. Things in the ocean scare the shit outta me. Still interesting.

Something About Sue - 7/10 - Another documentary about Sue the giant T-Rex. More entertaining.

17. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    If you've read the novel, any charm that can be found in that movie basically evaporates.

18. Gojira Prime

Gojira Prime Narf

Moon 20/10
    Honestly, this may very well be the greatest science fiction movie. Ever. Quiet, understated, and deliberately paced, but still relentlessly engaging and exciting, Moon is a film that lets Asimov rest peacefully in his grave after something like Skyline has him rolling in it. It's a smart movie that doesn't require anybody expositing into the camera for 40 minutes. It's really a fusion of Asimov's smartness, Ridely Scott's beautiful cinematic eye, and Rod Serling's incredibly moving human element. I dare say that Moon is an example of the perfect science fiction film.

Now, don't take that as a stab against sci-fi action films like District 9 or Inception, as those are examples of perfect sci-fi action films. "Action" is the key word here. District 9 is, when all is said and done, a shoot-em-up ride with a clever layer of allegory underneath. Moon, on the other hand, is a straight-up psychological thriller. They have different goals, and while the mainstream lumps them in the same genre, they are not even close to being so. I think both a perfect, just in different ways, if that makes any sense.

Honestly, I could go on and on about this movie and how great it is, but for now I'll just say go watch it. It's on Netflix instant and is only an hour and a half long. Do it. Now.

19. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    Well, it was constructed as a satire, though less so than the source material, so it probably isn't for everyone particularly if that point is lost.

20. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Last two:

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford. 9/10. I felt the ending was a bit rushed (from the point where Bob has the bar to the end), but other then that, perfect.

Up. It's hard to rate, it's been a long time since I cried watching a movie, but man, that story. 9.6/10