The last movie you saw and what you would rate it out of 10.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Hand Of Omega, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I watched it once, & I just couldn’t get into it. I kept reminding myself that it was a different era of movies & gave it a free pass on a lot of things. But despite all that, I just couldn’t shake the feeling of boredom.

I can appreciate it for its place in history and all that, but I just don’t like it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

Puss in Boots: The Last Wish - Shrektastic/10

Not 100 percent perfect, but man, was this film Shrektastic in so many ways. Great characters, visually gorgeous, and a great story, with some nice but not ogreblown connections to Shrek. I had no expectations, negative or positive about this movie...and it completely blew me out of the (swamp) water. My only criticisms are that the very beginning before Puss dies is not as great as the rest of the movie, and the action style works in some but not all scenes. Strongly recommended!

3. JaZzPrImE74

JaZzPrImE74 Sub to my YT Supreme J

News Credits:
    Spiderman 3 (2007)
    8.5/10
    I don’t get why this one was so poorly received at the time that led to it being canceled.

i thought it was actually quite great. It ties up alot of things het still left the door open for me. I think it deserved to be given more films and although i also like TASM series, i woulda voted to continue this series over that.

TASM 1 8/10
    (Im having a spiderman marathon)

Honestly, they could have just started this movie with peter narrating that he recently became spiderman and that hes hunting down his uncles killer , followed by a montage of him stopping the criminals.. makes me glad we skipped that for mcu spidey. The lizards face is weird. Everything else is great tho imo.

4. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (1983):
    Sadly quite dull.

6/10

5. milly89

milly89 Banned

Speak No Evil - 8/10 - that left me feeling pretty numb by the end, a great snapshot into the mind of the soft middle class who must never offend and let so much slide. I had guessed where it was going early on but guessing and seeing it, two very different things, felt horrid at the end.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    The Train (1964) - 10/10

One of those old movies that feels very simple and straightforward on the surface, but as the story wraps up and the credits roll, more of it starts to sink in and you realize how much the movie said without you even realizing it. It's kind of a perfect antithesis to, oddly enough, 2014's The Monuments Men - both movies are about people trying to save stolen art in the backdrop of WW2, but while Monuments Men uncritically accepts that art is intrinsically important and worthy of saving at any cost, The Train initially seems to accept this premise... but it's coming from the Nazi character rather than from the heroes.

7. Codeveronicaxxx

Codeveronicaxxx Goddomasuta member

News Credits:
    Aftersun
    I didn't get it. I know there's major hype surrounding this film but it didn't really move me. It was fine, I wasn't really bored and there were a few moments (especially near the end) that started to get really emotional/suspenseful but it didn't grip me. It was just a weekend on holiday for a young Father and daughter.
    6/10

Encanto

Wow, more people need to be talking about this one. Really good, loved the music and visuals!
    8.5/10

• Like Like x 1
  8. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    M3gan: 8/10

More interesting than Chucky imo.

9. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    Mortal Kombat Legends: Snowblind 7/10 It was good.

10. areaseven

areaseven Live to Win

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Trigun: Badlands Rumble - 8/10

11. Codeveronicaxxx

News Credits:
    La Haine
    So happy I finally watched this. It has been stuck in my head for days now, it's all I can think about. This movie was a feast. The striking black and white was a perfect choice for the subject matter and for the cinematography. Vincent Cassel kills it as always but everyone is perfect in their rolls. The tension and unease at parts are wonderfully done! If you haven't seen it I would highly recommend it.
    9.5/10

12. Galvatron1998

Galvatron1998 Maximal

News Credits:
    The Prince of Egypt: 10/10

• Like Like x 2
  13. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Skinamarink

A horror movie for people that thought Paranormal activity showed and explained too much and had too much payoff, with camerawork more concerned with showing grain than a story. Atmospheric as shit, I’ll give it that much

-2/10

14. Venixion

News Credits:
    Friday the 13th 2009-All I can say about it, is it was a Friday the 13th movie. It ticked off all the boxes, a buncha people got slaughtered. People survived, the end.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2023
  15. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

Legend (1985) Director's Cut:
    A.K.A. the one where Tim Curry plays a devil and Tom Cruise plays Proto-Link. It was a bit of a mess to be honest. Characters just shows up like we are supposed to know who they are with no introduction or knowing what exactly they are, lots of weird scenes that adds nothing to the plot. But let's be honest, Tim Curry was the show's stealer. It's another case of an actor known for his hammy acting but delivers a more subdued performance than usual, and with his devil makeup he's uncomfortably scary. He doesn't play it goofy. H's is so into the role I'd bet if I saw this movie in my earlier years I'd get nightmares from him.

6.5/10

16. Shockwave logic

Shockwave logic servant of logic

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    puss and boots the last wish 10/10

17. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

Hellboy (2019) 5.5/10

I didn't watch this one in theaters three years ago, but I found it on HBO Max today and figured, "what the hell, more super heroes, why not?" And while I didn't fully HATE this film, I certainly didn't think it was all that good. The CGI was dogsh*t in a few scenes (the ghost of Ian McShane near the end comes to mind), they had Thomas Hayden Church play Lobster f*cking Johnson (a recurring character from the Hellboy comics) for exactly one scene and he just f*cks off, the Hellboy makeup effects for David Harbour were just absolute dogsh*t, they teased Abe f*cking Sapien in the last few seconds of the feature like they thought this thing was gonna get sequel if they did, and why does every super hero movie since 2014 feel the need to emulate Guardians of the Galaxy? I like me some 1980s rock music, but I almost expect Chris Pratt and Dave Bautista to come strolling into frame if you're blasting Mötley Crüe during a fight scene.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2023
  18. Cosmos Kramer

Cosmos Kramer Well-Known Member

The Menu 9/10 - This is a horror satire about the fine dining/celebrity chef and overall foodie scene. It ends up being pretty deranged. I especially liked it because I'm a "foodie" but I'm in no way a snob. I'm as comfortable at a white tablecloth establishment as I am in hole in walls and food trucks and find equal enjoyment with them all. There's a time and a place for everything and being ethnic, I grew up not just eating the best portions of meat but with finding ways to make use of nearly the whole animal, guts and all.

Banshees of Inisherin 8/10 - My girlfriend and I had no idea what this was about. She suggested we watch it only because she wanted us to watch a Golden Globe nominated film. This is a slow art house flick that is set in 1920s Ireland and has almost no effects or special anything to speak of. All I will say is it's a simple story about two friends and things turn unexpectedly south for no reason. I enjoyed it, my girlfriend did not.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Codeveronicaxxx

News Credits:
    Drunken Angel (1948)
    I was in the mood for some Akira Kurosawa, and Kanopy was not letting me watch Rashomon so I landed on this one. It was great from the start! Loved the characters instantly and the beauty you expect from a Kurosawa was on full show. The strong personalities between the headstrong doctor and the proud yakuza clash so perfectly. Recommended if you are looking for a subtle Yakuza film with great characters.
    8.5/10

20. Venixion

News Credits:
    Finally got around to watching Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare-Holy shit, it was hilariously dumb. The videogame death made me laugh, quite possibly one of the lamest kills in the series. The hearing aid death sucked. The ending had me rolling my eyes. Oh well, it was better then Freddy's Revenge. 5/10

Last edited: Jan 19, 2023
    • Like Like x 1