The last movie you saw and what you would rate it out of 10.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Hand Of Omega, Jun 19, 2009.

1. areaseven

areaseven Live to Win

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    John Woo Marathon
    A Better Tomorrow (1986) - Chuck Norris/10
    A Better Tomorrow II (1987) - Chuck Norris/10
    The Killer (1989) - Chuck Norris/10
    Hard Boiled (1992) - Chuck Norris/10
    Hard Target (1993) - 8/10
    Broken Arrow (1996) - 6/10
    Face/Off (1997) - 9/10
    Mission: Impossible 2 (2000) - 5/10

• Like Like x 1
  2. 20thc3nturybl003s

20thc3nturybl003s Behold, my profile... of DOOM!

Buzz Lightyear of Star Command: The Adventure Begins
    Just finished watching it tonight on YouTube. Very nostalgic childhood movie, and there were so many aspects of it that I enjoyed (e.g. the vibrant colours; the banter between characters; Wayne frickin' Knight's Zurg) I doubt that Pixar's new Lightyear movie would hold a candle to. I just wish they would release the whole series on Disney+ now since John Lasseter no longer works at Pixar, and he hated the show. You'd think that since he left and that Disney now owns Pixar, they'd release the series in anticipation of the upcoming movie, but I guess not. Anyway I'm giving this a solid 8/10. And here's the full movie down below.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The Lost City - 5.5/10:

I laughed, that's about it. The cast was excellent and there were very funny scenes, but they couldn't save it.

As friends, Tatum's and Bullock's characters were great foils to one another but as a romantic pair? No. No chemistry there.

There was no real adventure, it felt like a Romancing The Stone clone without much romance, no stones, and no real adventure.

I honestly can't tell what this movie was trying to be. Romantic comedy? No. Action-adventure? No. Comedy? Yes. But there aren't enough comedic moments to really call it as such.

It could've been more, there were some great scenes but what tied them together didn't work out for me.

4. heltskelt

heltskelt Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Snake Eyes: GI Joe Origins 5/10

It reminded me of a line on the radio at the end of a movie ad in Vice City: rated R for Retar…

Taken at face value (not taking the comics origin into account), the movie is your typical modern action movie. Things happen to the protagonist to drive the plot, but you never get to know their personality. Despite them being a blank slate, there always is a love/sex interest. Hollywood women can’t resist men they know nothing about, I guess. The main plot is so unnecessarily far-fetched. Worst line: “Look! Snake Eyes is fighting on our side!”. I didn’t appreciate the supernatural stuff. Scarlett could be a schizophrenic for all we know. She’s always alone and doesn’t communicate with any other Joe.

The cherry on top is the final revelation that SE’s after was a Joe. So, that convinces him to join a team that couldn’t protect his father and left him to die alone!

That was last night. Thankfully, I woke up before anyone else and finally watched The Maltese Falcon. What a palate cleanser! Not a line or scene wasted. 10/10

5. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    The Northman 9/10

It’s refreshing to have a movie like this. You don’t get grand epics on this scale anymore. It’s not a viking fight fest like what the trailers make it out to be. It’s just an amazing Scandinavian Hamlet. Which is what it was meant to be.

6. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

The family and I went to the the Dr Strange sequel for my birthday. It was pretty good. 8/10

7. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

Sonic the Hedgehog 2:
    I know, late to the party. TLDR it was great.

8.5/10

8. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Firestarter (2022). 4/10. I did not like it. The original is better.

9. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

Magellan (2017)

Hard sci-fi movie that visits some lesser-explored places in the Sol System and teases a little bit of higher concept science. Clearly a low-budget film with only like 50 names in the credits excluding Kickstarter backers but the effort is certainly there. Personally I liked it but a cosmic exploratory interest is gonna be a prerequisite for this, as well as being able to stomach low-budget film making. Don't think I can give it a proper rating so much as just say, if you have a certain mindset, it's interesting enough. If you're someone who likes hard sci-fi and digging through low budget films to find hidden gems, I say... well Europa Report is for you. Seriously, I love that little movie and I think it deserves way more recognition, and if you like that, you may like Magellan.

10. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg Hi Yukio!

News Credits:
    The Northman: 7/10

It’s just ok. I’ve heard a lot of people hype this movie up, but I was a disappointed by it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

Decided to rate my One Piece movie experiences.

One Piece: Strong World-8/10

One Piece: Gold-8.5/10

One Piece: Z-7/10

One Piece: Stampede-7.5/10

Last edited: May 20, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  12. AndyGold

AndyGold Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers - 7.5/10

It's so much better than it has any right to be. The movie plot is very creative and not a phone-in-paint-by-numbers basic tale. I do think that the references have carried the movie even further than it probably deserves. If you were born in the mid-80s to mid-'90s every reference will hit and work including G1 transformers (you honestly can't miss it), but it's not just Gummi Bears, Simpsons, and Duck Tales references. Nearly every mainstream animation studio be it a cartoon, game or movie has lent a character or 5, and it's not a mess like Space Jam 2.

If the references/easter eggs don't hit or work for you you may feel a bit underwhelmed, but if they do work for you the joy of the nostalgia will be something that will stick with you from beginning to end

• Like Like x 1
  13. SHINOBI03

Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City:
    The film tried to do too many things without enough time. This should've been strictly about Resident Evil 1 instead of doing 1 and 2 together. And for how much they wanted it to be truer to the games it managed to also be inaccurate with their characters and events. To give the Paul W.S. Anderson's credit some of their game characters actually looked like the game characters. Here? You wouldn't tell unless their names were stated out loud.

6.5/10

14. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Average Core Gundam enjoyer

News Credits:
    Morbius - 3/10

NGL, this movie is quite all over the place in a lot of aspects. There are sprinkles of decent ideas here and there (And there are a few moments that are kinda hilarious in a "so bad it's a good way), but for the most part, the movie is just like the most cookie-cutter, bland take on a superhero origin story movie you could think of.

One thing I do notice with this movie is that the writing.... is very unsubtle in a cringeworthy way, as in they seem to think their audiences are impatient babies so they had to spew out everything directly as if they're stupid or something; Like that one scene where Jared Leto in a jail-cell was notified that his lawyer comes to visit and Matt Smith (His childhood friend/villain in this movie)shows up, and immediately Jared Leto was like "I don't remember you ever go to law school", and then for some reason, Matt Smith was like 'That's because I didn't"; That Matt Smith "I didn't" was really unnecessary, as Jared Leto's previous line about how Matt Smith didn't attend law school was all we need to know that Matt Smith pretends to be a lawyer to visit him. There are a ton more examples of these "Tell everything that's going On' in the movie, and it's ridiculous.

Speaking of Matt Smith, he has this one scene where he dances around in his home getting dressed for something which was a scene that was so stupid that it's hilarious, and as nonsensical as his character was, Matt Smith was probably the most entertaining part of the movie.

Last edited: May 21, 2022
  15. SHINOBI03

Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers:
    It got its fun parts, its stupid parts, and the unexpected parts. It was fun to me.

7.5/10

• Like Like x 1
  16. Megs

Megs Well-Known Member

Spider-Man: No Way Home
    I was expecting the next messiah as much as people were going on and on about this movie. Instead it was a lot of awkward dialogue, a pointless death and pure nostalgia buy-in. 4/10 solely on the incredible performance by Willem Dafoe who is a treasure in any film.

Lords of Chaos
    Being a huge heavy metal fan I was curious about this since I knew a little bit about the real life events. The movie was ok but it never found a balance between the goofy narration and the heavy hitting, realistic violence. Also it makes some of the band members look like complete idiots and parts of the dialogue sounded more Spinal Tap than Black Metal. 5.5/10

17. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Uncharted
    I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this. It's certainly not a great film my any means, but I thought it was entertaining. Holland does a good job. 6/10

18. SHINOBI03

Save the Cinema:
    The dramatization of how Jurassic Park saved a small time theater in Carmarthen, UK.
    8/10

19. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Chip and Dale - 8.5/10

20. areaseven

areaseven Live to Win

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram: