The last movie you saw and what you would rate it out of 10.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Hand Of Omega, Jun 19, 2009.

1. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Honestly, they should have stretched Half Blood Prince into two movies and done Deathly Hollows as one.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hotshotprime43

Hotshotprime43 Well-Known Member

Monters Inc. (9/10) What a classic Pixar movie. This has been another one I have not watched in years and I am happy I finally went back to it. There just so much creativity with Pixar and these early films really highlight that. It is a kids movie that adults are able to enjoy just as much but you knew that. There just so many cool designs and fun world building. Also seeing Sully protect Boo puts so much heart into the movie I forgot how creepy Randall was as the bad buy. There just so much creativity behind this movie. Towards the end of the movie them chasing in and out of the doors is such a really fun sequence.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Toy Story 4.
    Still a solid 10/10.
    Unpopular opinion: Woody did the right thing and the ending was perfect.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Hotshotprime43

I am not someone who really hates the ending. I am pretty twisted on it and think it is good and bad for so many reasons. Although what keeps the movie being a 10/10 is how dumb down Buzz is.

5. Hotshotprime43

Finding Nemo (10/10) We all know this one is a classic. Now this one although I have not watched super recently I have seen it enough and recent enough where it is fresh in my head. The characters are all great and memorable. That opening scene really is just a big dark gut punch that sets the stage and shows why Marlin is so over protective. Dory "just keep swimming" line and Bruce's "fish are friends not food" is basically iconic for someone born in the late 90s. The animation is still amazing and I can not believe this is from seventeen years ago. The story is really good and is always engaging with Marlin trying to save is son and traveling across the ocean to get there. Plus Nemo in the fish tank is more fun than I recall plus that kid coming tot get him is just horrifying but in the best way. You really wanna see Nemo get away before being tortured by this girl who does not know any better. I would say along Toy Story 1, 2, and 3 and both Incredibles would be the best Pixar movies.

6. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

The only thing I didn’t like was the villain. I thought her writing could have been better. It was still an awesome movie. But the Christmas special is my all time favorite.

7. Smokeyoreo18

Smokeyoreo18 went on LEGO.com without his parents permission

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    BvS: 6/10 ben affleck , Jeremy irons and gal Gadot saved this movie and the action was top notch

Batman begins: 10/10 I change my mind about affleck being the best Batman Christian bale is the best Batman ( but still affleck is still great )

• Like Like x 2
  8. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi I only accept apologies in cash

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I have very mixed feelings about TS4. On one hand it wasn't a bad film, on the other I felt like Toy Story 3 didn't need a sequel.

• Like Like x 1
  9. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 Filipinooooooooooooo

News Credits:
    Jaws - 10/10

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith - 9/10

I used to think ROTS was just okay but after watching Clone Wars for years and finally having watched season 7, Order 66 just hits so much harder.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Gorath - 8/10

11. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

Speckles the Tarbosaurus:
    Not bad for an Asian movie. CGI is weaker than western animation companies, but I was really into the story to not take me out of it. Though one issue I had with it is the voice acting. Despite having Veronica Tailor and Christopher Daniel Barnes, 2 well known experienced voice actors, their performance was unusually dull the entire movie. Every line in moments that are supposed to be dramatic, they act in a "Dull Surprise" mode and it's really jarring to hear.

7/10

12. Hotshotprime43

Mulan (9.5/10) First time watching this one and I know is is going to be a very unpopular opinion but I would say this and Hercules are my two favorite movies from their Disney renaissance era. I just had a great time watching this movie. I say even though I am a guy and can't really relate to the girl power aspect of the movie I still enjoy seeing a character to and accomplish tasks people would not think that they could. It is that underdog aspect that makes her stand out. Zero to Hero is a great training montage and I love seeing her being clever enough to find a way to climb up the poll. That goes with using the cannon to bring the snow down on the huns. She is clever and intelligent enough but still has flaws which is seen when she is trying to fit in with the guys. She is not perfect seeing her get embarrassed and show plenty of emotion during the movie. So yea her character really works for me. Li Shang another solid character and is beefcake (no homo, not that there is anything wrong with that) but in all seriousness I like how the character wants to prove himself to show he not just in this position because of his father. Although of course he has his jerk moment more than midway through the movie but it is needed and makes the ending that much better. Also if you pay attention all the music is before they see war for themselves so there is a really good shift in tone. Also the fight in the snow just looks grand and epic. Really the only flaw the movie has is the bad guy is not to memorable which is a shame but he is still creepy and solves the role.

Still need to watch Pocahontas and rewatch Tarzan for this era.

Last edited: May 8, 2020
  13. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave The Fox

News Credits:
    Sonic - 7.5/10

I never really grew up with Sonic. The only Sonic game I ever played was one of the kart racing games, a long time ago. I guess I was always more of a Mario guy. As someone with little connection to the source material, I found this pretty good. It has high entertainment value, for sure. Sonic himself was fun (he easily could have been very annoying, but he managed to stay just below that), and Jim Carey really played it up. A bit over-the-top, but his performance worked. All of his robots were a lot of fun to watch. I liked how they didn't try to make it an overly realistic take on Sonic. It always felt a bit self-aware. I think I would have preferred a movie set entirely in the Sonic world (with his game buddies and all), but if you're going to do Sonic in the real world, this was a fine attempt.

My main complaint is that this story is pretty overdone. An alien comes to Earth, makes friends with an average Joe, a (usually quirky) government bad guy comes after him, the human has to protect him, etc. I mean, it's a good premise, but we've seen this sort of thing a million times. ET, Iron Giant, Transformers '07, Bumblebee, Abominable, etc. As someone who loves Bumblebee, this sort of gives me a better understanding of people who find it mediocre. I definitely put that movie on a higher pedestal because it's part of a brand I love. And if I were a Sonic fan, I'm sure I'd love this just as much. At the end of the day I tend to judge movies based on execution. And I thought the execution here was very entertaining and fun. Much more so than the generic autopilot bore-fest that was Abominable. But I can't fully ignore the repetitiveness of the premise, especially when we've seen stuff like this recently (from Paramount, no less). And I do think Bumblebee did this story much better. I found the humor in that movie a lot funnier, and I enjoyed that setting and that cast of characters more (although a villain like Robotnik in a Transformers film would be pretty fun).

Overall it was a solid film that I'd give more than a mild recommendation for. Especially if you have a connection to the Sonic brand. But even if you don't, you might get something out of it. My mom really enjoyed this movie, and she had no idea who Sonic is. And she tends to not like action/adventure movies. So I think that says something about this movie.

14. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Passengers 8/10
    Happened to catch this on tv. A nicely done sci-fi movie starring Chris Pratt as a passenger on a colonizing ship on a 150-year journey to a new planet. His cryo-chamber malfunctions & he wakes up about a year into the journey. Stuck on his own, he’s gotta deal with isolation & keep himself from going crazy.
    It’s a predictable movie, but it’s good. And hey, Lawrence Fishburne is in it too.

Last edited: May 9, 2020
  15. Sixwing

Sixwing You have chosen poorly

Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines:
    7/10. Good action, but the plot felt a little thin in places.

Minority Report: 8/10
    Excellent movie

16. Hotshotprime43

The Sword in the Stone (2/10) Wow this was another drag to sit through. I will start with the good really quick and that would be the wolf following them was funny, there was some creativity with the wizard duel, and I did feel bad for the one squirrel that had a crush on Arthur. Besides that it did nothing for me and all the characters were pretty painful to watch. Arthur himself if okay but then his voice is always changing because he had three voice actors. Merlin just painful for me to watch and is not funny! He just an annoying old guy trying to educate Arthur for some reason. It does not feel like a movie just a weird PSA for kids to stay in school. There is very plot for most of the movie and it goes no where. It is just a bunch of little moments of Merlin turning Arthur into animal teaching him somethings but I feel like he does not even learn that much. If I felt Arthur was learning lessons more as the movie would go it would make him pulling the sword feel more meaningful but he feels like the same character that he was at the start. It barely feels earned at all and the only good thing is the older step brother feels like a fool more a moment which was nice because he was annoying to listen to. The movie basically has two type of characters and that would be the book smart Merlin and the dumb brutes like the step father and step brother and to show why brains is better than brawn. Yes intelligence is important but notice how Arthur does not really use his intelligence to get out of his problems and it just has to be Merlin to use magic to get him out of it. This make the message fall flat to me. Also when Merlin tells Arthur he has plenty of muscle at the start of the movie is just another lame "being strong is for dumb brutes" moments because come on if you're saying having the body of a twelve year old is enough to survive in mid-evil times I think you may be over looking the importance of physical health along with mental. It just comes off really one sided is all I am saying.

Last edited: May 10, 2020
  17. Hotshotprime43

Pocahontas (8/10) Now this was a pleasant surprise because I went into this movie with very low expectations so maybe that helped. I saw going into this that it was kind of the turning point of the Disney Renaissance with mix reviews after the hue success of The Lion King and was surprised after watching it. It has a bunch of typical Disney tropes and is not historically accurate but I do find the movie enjoyable. Pocahontas and John Smith are both likable leads and despite the trope of love at first sight they do share enough screen time together in the movie that builds a good chemistry with them. There are a few good songs and the animation is amazing to look at. The side characters although not major such as Thomas and Kocoum do bring tension when needed mostly during the fight in the tree. The opening scene on the ship is very exciting and set up John character really well. Now the biggest flaw the movie has is a boring bad guy who not the worse but just is kind of generic but he does fit with the more serious tone to the movie.

Last edited: May 10, 2020
  18. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Highlander
    This movie will be the only one. Unless I can tempt myself for the sequels, I think this is really the only Highlander movie I am going to watch. Anyway, I'm glad I watched this movie. Some people will say they love this movie for its cheese but I say the movie could also fare better if it was able to execute itself seriously as well by telling a story of an immortal guy who is living out of his time. It's fantasy concept but it has plenty of dramatic potential. And for some moments, the movie did succeed in making a statement of 'Cherish life as much as possible' even though it's a pretty sloppy narrative. However, I like that this isn't just a throwaway 80s action movie which I will reiterate is cheese but it did feel like it could of been a much bigger classic.

I liked Christopher Lambert here and now when I see him as Raiden in Mortal Kombat; he deserved more. Clancy Brown is also awesome here and he gets more insane as the movie goes along. Sean Connery was also cool too. I enjoyed this movie well enough; but re watching this can depend on my mood. The sword fights have some decent choreography to them and there are some good song choices. Overall, did not need to expect too much from a movie called 'Highlander' and got enough of a kick out of it.

7.5/10

19. Ninjanicktf

Ninjanicktf Mushroom Samba

21 Jump Street

1o/10

This film was honestly pretty great. Seeing the roles get reversed as the nerd becomes the cool kid and the cool kid becomes the nerd, seeing the conflict pretending to be a teenager brings, and of course the great sense of humor, I absolutely loved it! highly recommenced!

• Like Like x 1
  20. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Remember... remember planet Zeist.

• Like Like x 1