The last movie you saw and what you would rate it out of 10.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Hand Of Omega, Jun 19, 2009.

1. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Destination Wedding - 5/10

I had never heard of it before and saw it randomly on Amazon. It stars Keeanu Reeves and Wynona Ryder and I thought, no way this could be bad. The whole movie is really just the two of them going back and forth with quips really, about marriage and relationships and, spoiler alert, they get together at the end.

2. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

I haven't seen this, but someone told me they felt like they were watching a second-rate When Harry Met Sally while watching this. Fair assessment?

3. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Us
    8/10

Jordan Peele makes good horror films with social themes so obvious they might as well be smacking you in the face.

• Like Like x 1
  4. HawaiianBro808

HawaiianBro808 Banned

News Credits:
    Thor (2011) 10/10

• Like Like x 2
  5. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Avengers: Infinity War 8/10
    FINALLY got to see this. God I’m so behind. Anyway the first act didn’t do much for me. The usual overly-jokey tone is in full force here, and that was already wearing thin on me in Guardians of the Galaxy 2. So strange to have the literal end of the universe hanging in the balance, but no one can stop cracking jokes. Though, a good number of those jokes did make me laugh. The 2nd act started giving us some meat to the story & the 3rd act delivered on what an all-out comic book movie could be.

By the end of it, I think I appreciated the more humorous 1st act for keeping things feeling like this was just going to be another Avengers movie, but then that 3rd act hits, and we’ve lost a few people along the way, and then we lose some more. And then a lot more. And suddenly it hits you that they’ve lost & it’s not just another Avengers movie. Suddenly you’re thinking back to the fun times from earlier in the movie & how far we’ve come from there.

This movie had a full decade+ of hype built up to deliver on, and I think it did it.

Now I just need to see Captain Marvel & Endgame.

• Like Like x 2
  6. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Spider-Man 3 (the one with Tobey): 8/10

Better than I remembered. Franco can't act though.

7. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Batman Hush - 8/10

Divergent - 9/10

My Bloody Valentine(1981) - 7/10

8. HawaiianBro808

HawaiianBro808 Banned

News Credits:
    Inception 10/10

9. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    Aside from Emo spidey and that entire dancing bar room scene, that movie isn't horrible.

La Llarona 6/10

Interesting premise. Fell a little flat in areas.

10. Noble1skull

Noble1skull Tra nsforme rs

The imitation game 9/10

• Like Like x 2
  11. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Jurassic Park: 10/10

Classic.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fright Night II (2014)--7/10.

13. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

Agreed, but since this was also the last film I saw, and as much as I love dinosaurs, Crichton, and this movie, I can't give it a "10/10."

I love the movie and the T. rex break out, but that darn geographic continuity error, with the same location being both where the T. rex eats the goat and breaks out one minute and then pushes the car off a cliff a few minutes later is among the most egregious in any film. 9.75 or 9.5/10 for me. Still a classic, and I love it.

14. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    My Hero Academia: Two Heroes - 10/10

• Like Like x 2
  15. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

In the movie we do see there's a difference in levels in the T.Rex enclosure. When we first see her, her head is street-level, meaning she's in a deep area. And when she breaks out she's on the same level as the street. That should tell us from the start the enclosure is not on the same level as shown in the illustration below.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The movie didn't show it, but this is how it happens: The part where the T.Rex broke out and the drop area are two separate areas. Not the same spot the T.Rex came out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Haven't done a movie review in a long time.

Avengers: Endgame

As an 'ending' to a movie series, this movie earns it. All the ups from the MCU up until this movie help elevate it; although Endgame can stand on its own a wee bit. And the downs from the MCU don't drag it down either. This movie was such an immense task and the amount of effort be it the VFX, sound design and more importantly, the story were all very well handled.

As a three hour movie, this movie feels like the conclusion the way Return of the King was back in 2004. I can't really say anything about the acting because if you've seen the actors/actresses in previous MCU movies and other stuff, you know what they're capable of. We all know RDJ has charisma as Tony Stark. We all know Chris Evans captures the righteous of Captain America. Oh yeah, and for iffy characters like Captain Marvel, they were handled better here for the sake of what the story is. This movie even allowed me to appreciate Ant Man more as a character.

It's basically the movie trying to know what's best and even though, we know it's a good guys win scenario. The movie uses the emotional tone to full effect allowing to understand, 'This is something'. It's definitely one of the MCU's best. My biggest drawback for the movie is that the future of some things as I do feel a bit of weariness to the different directions Marvel wants to take with certain things. But for now, massive props.
    9/10

• Like Like x 1
  17. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    The Foreigner - 9/10

This is an interesting little movie with Jackie Chan doing one of his rarer dramatic turns and Peirce Brosnan playing just a complete bastard. I only have one issue with the movie

There's a pair of scenes that juxtapose against each other: one with a group of British CO19 officers torture and then execute an IRA terrorist, and the other with a police officer grabbing a laptop rigged to explode in a crowded airport and running with it down to an empty air-bridge and tossing there to let it explode relatively harmlessly. For my money, its wrong to have used uniformed police for that scene - the British government has people it can send for that kind of obvious wetwork. Also, then it would have been a good scene to juxtapose the two sides of the anti-terrorism forces

Other than that, solid movie and well worth a look.

18. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

Except a Tyrannosaurus rex, while an impressive dinosaur, is still nowhere near as tall as that wall where the car falls off. Sue, one of the larger known specimens, was around thirteen feet tall at the hip. And that view of T. rex in Jurassic Park is from the view of humans in a car, but that doesn't mean her head is exactly at street level. If anything, it always appeared to me to be viewing upward slightly, which would put a T. rex's head, well, right where I'd expect it to be.

And the bolded is what my point is. Regardless of whether there is supplemental material or not, the movie scene, which I have definitely watched many times, certainly depicts the location where the T. breaking out in one part as being where the car gets pushed off of a high wall minutes later.

I love Jurassic Park, but I can freely admit that is a major, major mistake. I think Revenge of the Fallen and Age of Extinction are much better Transformers movies than the fandom and critics think, and many of the things in those movies people love to rip apart are really not bad at all, but I can freely admit that the humans walking into the museum with some East Coast scenery, only for Jetfire to exit the museum into what's clearly American Southwest scenery is a major gaffe. Just like Lockdown's Steeljaws on the wires over Chicago appearing in one shot, disappearing in another, and then reappearing again is a mistake. I can still enjoy movies immensely as whole products while admitting they aren't perfect in every shot.

• Like Like x 1
  19. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    Dragon Ball Super: Broly - 10/10

• Like Like x 1
  20. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Alita Battle Angel - 6/10

I thought it was just ok.