The last movie you saw and what you would rate it out of 10.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Hand Of Omega, Jun 19, 2009.

1. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think the problem with this movie was when it sudenly forgets Godzilla and becomes Jurassic park for like 20 minutes with the Godzilla babies. Also I can just never buy Jean Reno as a badass, no matter how much he tries.

2. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

Not even in Leon?

3. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    That is a sentence I never expected to read.

• Like Like x 1
  4. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Detective Pikachu - 7/10
    It was decent. Some good to bad performances. Ryan was good, but his best stuff is all in the trailers. Justice was fine, but the girl was bad. Bad readings, bad lines, just came off annoying. Did have a few twists. The reason to watch is the pokemon. They are fun. This is a movie to watch on dvd and pause just to spot all the pokemon. They all looked great. I never super bought them as existing 100%, but in the mid 90s maybe.

5. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Gotta agree here. It was decent, but I couldn't be brought to care about any of the characters.
    The special effects were nice, though.

The monster design was very cool and I enjoyed the real-world elements like the scale patterning and iguana influences, but the plot and human element was easily forgettable.

6. andyz

andyz Banned

Tolkien (2019) - 8/10

An informative and interesting story of the great author’s youth which shows how events in his life inspired his writing.
    Strong acting and good use of fantasy special effects in the war scenes, as well as good cinematography in the quieter moments.

7. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Avengers: Endgame. As a stand-alone: 7/10. As a part of the universe it came from 10/10

This film did exactly what it needed to do. Were there plotholes and questionable decisions made? Absolutely, but this is super hero fare on a universe that's remained enjoyable for over ten years, involving time travel in a way that, while leaving some questions, didn't completely destroy everything that came before. For that, if nothing else, I gotta give big props.

The characters stayed believable. Even fat Thor (Lebowski) was great. For people that like the Big Lebowski, there were a TON of references throughout the film. I half expected a coffee can full of ashes to be dumped in Thor's face when he stood on that cliff looking down at his city. Great humor throughout considering the gravity of the situation they were in. "Thanks for the pep talk, piss ant!"

I couldn't be upset with any of the deaths. I know some are really upset with one in particular, but it totally fit the character's MO throughout the films. I teared up more than once.

Integrated Hulk was hilarious.

I left the theater completely satisfied with what I saw. That end battle was amazeballs. My inner nerd was squee'ing as hard as he could at "assemble." So many cool moments. I kept thinking I wished Stan could have made it long enough to see it. He would have loved it.

While I could nitpick certain scenes, I just don't feel like it. It was so fun.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    Solo: A Star Wars Story - 7.5/10

This is the third time I've seen this movie, which makes it the least amount of times I've seen any Star Wars movie (aside from Last Jedi, which I've also only seen three times). I'm happy to say I enjoyed it more this time around. It's not a fantastic movie, but it's fun and more than serviceable. I found myself enjoying Alden's performance a bit more than I did the first time. It's hard to live up to Harrison Ford, and Alden does a fine job. The main thing I really dislike is L3-30. This has to be the single most annoying character in the Star Wars franchise, easily beating out Jar Jar Binks. She would have been fine if she was more toned-down, but they made her way too animated and goofy. I think the overall adventure is solid, I like the sequence of events.

Out of these new Star Wars movies, I definitely prefer the two spinoff movies. If TFA and TLJ weren't made, I don't think I'd feel as jaded towards the brand as I do. I'm starting to wish Disney just left the numbered films in the past, and only made spinoffs. I guess my current ranking would be:

A New Hope
    The Empire Strikes Back
    Return of the Jedi
    Rogue One
    The Phantom Menace
    Solo
    Revenge of the Sith
    The Force Awakens
    Attack of the Clones
    The Last Jedi

• Like Like x 3
  9. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Pokemon: Detective Pikachu - 10/10

I. LOVED. THIS. MOVIE. No movie will top Endgame this year for me but I still loved this movie.

I felt like a kid again watching this, like if I had to pick one movie's world to live in it would be this movie. The designs were so well adapted and down right cute. The humor was top notch, I swear Ryan Reynolds is a gift to humanity. This is one of those movies I can't wait to pick up on Blu-Ray that way I can pause at every scene to catch all the Pokemon and easter eggs. If you're a Pokemon fan like me you're going to love it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

Coincidentally, I attended a showing of Detective Pikachu as well.

In a way, this is my Endgame — a feature film full of special effects featuring things that I have been waiting to see happen for a long time and just riddled with fanservice. Don't think I will care about even Star Wars the same way I do this one.

This movie was quite fast paced and fun to watch. Never did it feel like they shied away from the creatures, which come to life in a world that doesn't look dissimilar to our own just with Pokémon integrated flawlessly into everything. They are the main event but without a few slow motion scenes exaggerating the notion. And it is very fun to watch. The Pokémon are insanely cute, special mention going to Psyduck, Bulbasaur and Treecko.

The humor can be pretty juvenile "adult" a lot of times — with an easy to miss masturbation joke and Mr. Mime telling Tim and Pikachu to shove it — but it's not too bad. Just enough for a few marks against it. The humor was generally good.

Movie was quite well shot with film grain to really give it a natural feel. The score was kinda odd, but there were tracks from the games that made appearances and were quite memorable.

Plot is kinda spelled out with heavy foreshadowing and there isn't enough space at the end for all the reveals to really be felt. The villain isn't very good. However, there is a cool connection to anime lore.

8/10 — because there isn't funky time travel or out of place rom-com material in this one. :lol 

11. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did a back-to-back with "Korean train films" (if there ever was such a category):

Snowpiercer - 8.5
    Good action, mixed in with biting social commentary/satire a la Hunger Games.

Train to Busan - 8.5
    Could of used one or two less set pieces, but still effective nonetheless. While I know it gets a lot of hate, I actually thought World War Z was decent and found TtB on the same level but with much better characters.

12. Kamijou Touma

Kamijou Touma ミサカ10032

Maquia- When The Promised Flower Blooms 9/10 best movie i have seen in awhile

13. Soundwavelover2004

Soundwavelover2004 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Jonh wick 2 8/10

• Like Like x 1
  14. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Quest for Camelot - 6/10

Been feeling nostalgic for this movie for a while now and after seeing it I can see how the movie has flaws such as certain musical numbers needing work along with some of the characters needed more fleshing out but I won't lie. Out of the WB animated movies I was able to see growing up this does have a soft spot for me so I can't really hate it either despite knowing that it's far from perfect.

15. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Room - 8.5/10
    Overall good story. Thought the entire film would take place in the room, but a little less than half does. Good acting.

16. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    John Wick Chapter 3: 9/10

This movie is fucking wild.

• Like Like x 2
  17. BeeOtch217

BeeOtch217 Ha Ha You're a Mini-Con!

News Credits:
    Avengers: Endgame: 9/10 - I will admit there are tiny flaws (Infinity War is slightly better) but this is imo the best and most satisfying ending to a film I have ever seen since Return of the King. Deserves very much all the hype, praise, and massive cash that it is raking in. Definitely the most (effectively) emotional of the 22. Good job Disney And Marvel!

Pokémon Detective Pikachu: 8.5/10 - The story and writing is nothing to write home about (no pun intended), but it's the first Video Game Based movie to be 100% enjoyable and one that I will DEFINITELY be watching again. I personally think its getting way to much hate, but I may be biased as I am a huge Pokémon fan. lol

Rampage: 7/10 - Much better than I expected. Then again I do really like these kind of movies. And imo, The Rock is the new Schwarzenegger and you cannot convince me otherwise!

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  18. BeeOtch217

News Credits:
    LOVED that movie as a kid. It probably hasn't age well at all now though. lol

19. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

Exactly what I said in my 2018 retrospective.

20. BeeOtch217

News Credits:
    I got ya man ;) 

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2019