The last movie you saw and what you would rate it out of 10.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Hand Of Omega, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    Spider-Man Into the spider-verse 10/10

It might be my favorite movie of the year after Roma.

2. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
    I feel like this might be the best Spider-Man movie I have ever seen. I knew it was going to be good, but it turned out great. I'd give it a 9.

3. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg Hi Yukio!

News Credits:
    Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse - 8 out of 10

All of the hype and acclaim that this movie has been getting is probably why I feel a bit let down right now. It was good but I was expecting to be blown away by it (I wasn't). It's definitely not my favorite Spider-Man movie. I'm glad that I saw it though.

I liked the animation. However, at times I got a bit frustrated with it because I felt like I needed 3D glasses because things were blurry on the screen.

The humor was great. As someone who is not that familiar with the "other" Spider-Mans/Womans, I really liked Miles Morales, Spider-Gwen, sweat pants version of Peter Parker. I didn't care much for Spider-Man Noir or that anime Spider-Girl robot thing.

4. IceMagnus

IceMagnus SSJIcey'95

News Credits:
    A lot of Dragon Ball movies:
    1. Super Android 13
    2. Bojack Unbound
    3. Lord Slug
    4. Dead Zone
    5. World’s Strongest
    6. Tree of Might
    7. Bardock: Father of Goku
    8. Cooler’s Revenge
    9. Return of Cooler
    10. Broly: Legendary Super Saiyan
    11. Broly: Second Coming
    12. Bio Broly
    13. Wrath of the Dragon

I'm not gonna rank them again but all I gotta say is that I liked them and the first twelve were binge watched lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

I did notice that. Not sure what the deal was.

• Like Like x 1
  6. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    The Breakfast Club - 10/10

7. Goldlock

Goldlock and don't call me Shirley

News Credits:
    Bumblebee - 8/10

Saw it this afternoon.

Here's what I wrote in another thread:

So I'd say it's definitely worth a watch, and is exactly what the first Transformers should have been in 07.

8. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    Creed 2.

What a beautiful film.

9/10.

• Like Like x 3
  9. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Creed 2 - 9/10.

I don’t know why some of my buddies preferred Creed I...but I felt it was slow at times for me.

Creed 2 on the other hand I felt moved as a faster pace and the villains...my goodness, I actually felt sympathy towards them especially Viktor...I don’t want to spoil it further with regards to the Dragos.

As for Stallone, he “stole” the show in every scene he appeared in.

Movie was pretty formulatic (if there’s such a term) but it had a good balance of action and family drama...my kids surprisingly enjoyed the show! Old school is still the best.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Spider Man Into the Spiderverse - 10/10

• Like Like x 1
  11. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    That's...unfortunate. That's not what I'm looking for in a Creed sequel. Still can't wait to see it, though.

12. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ...well thats what it felt for me. Maybe you’ll feel differently?

13. JaZzPrImE74

JaZzPrImE74 Sub to my YT Supreme J

News Credits:
    Spiderman into the Spiderverse 11/10

Loved the film all the way through.

• Like Like x 1
  14. areaseven

areaseven Live to Win

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse - 9/10

• Like Like x 1
  15. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Spider-Man Into the Spider-Verse: 10/10
    Aquaman: 3/10

16. Jazzfan0217

Jazzfan0217 Resident couch potato

Spider-man: Into the Spider-Verse breaks rating system (1000000000+/10) - Got really hyped for this one and was not disappointed. Fantastic movie, to any Spider-man fan you gotta see it. DOO IT!!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  17. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The Incredibles - 8/10:

I really, really disliked this film for a long time. I saw it when it originally came out and it wasn't like the run of the mill superhero films, so I didn't really connect with it.

My wife wanted it because we got the second one and she wanted me to sit down with her and watch it, just once. Glad I obliged her. Now that I'm a much older adult and get to see the world with different, possibly wiser, eyes I know I unfairly judged it.

Probably the best superhero flick in a long time. Heart, intelligence and a commentary on society. Well done, Pixar.

The Incredibles II - 7.5/10:

Honestly, I like this film better than the first one, but my negatives are too much for me to get past to give it a higher score.

Visually, this is stunning. You can see how much the details have evolved since the last film, how technology can replicate the finest of the fine in terms of CGI and the lifelike elements in a world that doesn't actually exist. (The embroidery on the logo, for example... Oh, my gosh! The character models are breathtaking.)

The story is kind of run of the mill, but that's okay because it's suffering from sequel-itis, it's bound to happen, but it really worked quite well.

I loved that we got to see more super this and that and how it impacted so many lives, both in a small circle and the world. How one small domino can create a bigger effect and sometimes our heroes are who we hate because they're not actually perfect and we end up hating them for reasons at the time we deem important but we need them more than we care to admit sometimes.

The one problem I had with this film that the first film suffered from, also, is the villain reveal being just a bit too early. I mean, not much more could be squeezed out of the story before the reveal, but pacing and timewise, they're just a tad early.

My biggest complaint with the second one, and yeah, yeah, I'm a prude, whatevs, was the inclusion of cussing. It's not out of place in a superhero film, it's not out of place in some family comedies/movies, it's definitely out of place in a Disney/Pixar film. It wasn't necessary, it wasn't welcome and I can't certainly understand why people balked at it. My wife and I were both taken aback by it, simply because it wasn't in the franchise before.

I know, I know, people are going to say "Oh, you're okay with kids seeing the violence and death but you're not okay with a couple of cusses and near misses? Get your priorities straight." Here's the thing... Kids know not to be the supervillain, they look up to the superheroes, they know violence is only necessary when all other methods have been tried, but a kid hears these words in their entertainment and they don't understand why they can't repeat it because their cartoon characters did it. Walt's rolling in his grave so fast, he's about to drill out of it. (And yes, I know he wasn't the greatest guy, personally, but he made sure kids believed in magic and built a kingdom around it. His intentions were in the right place to some extent.)

I really do like the film, even more than the first, but I just can't get past those. Sorry, not sorry. The film also feels a bit rushed towards the end of the film. It builds and builds and then the villain reveal and they rush to the finish line to end it all, when another 10 minutes could've made a difference.

Love Actually - 8/10:

My wife had never seen this, I loved it the first time I saw it and since it's Christmas, I figured now was the time. I still love this film. It's not all cookie cutter ending, it's not all happy but it is honest and heart breaking and uplifting and lovely, all at the same time. A lot of heart, a lot of charm, a great ensemble cast and a good message that love, actually, IS all around and we just have to open our eyes and look at it.

A feel good film, for the most part, with a kindness you don't usually get in a lot of films in this day and age.

18. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Roma: 10/10

Maybe the most beautiful movie I saw this year.

19. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bumblebee
    The better of all the TF movies... 8 out of 10.

Super Troopers 2

Pretty much what I expected overall. Not as memorable as the first one. Wasn't expecting to laugh at all, but there was a few good chuckles in there. I'd give it a 3 out of 10.

The Meg

I like Statham, but I feel like almost all the movies he is in, they're just all the same wether it is a bad, good or great movie. 3.5 out of 10.

I wanna watch the end of Creed 2 since I haven't seen the first one, but I feel like if I do that, I won't get that hell yeah reaction without the build up.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1